How to Deter Rippers

they lied to you

2 Likes

When I was on Oahu, THIS was the biggest issue, stinky buds wafting across Nanakuli…

My best advice is keep dogs-

2 Likes

ESP32’s… In a mesh network, as trail cams. Order a bunch of the camera modules - no rhyme or reason it seems but they’re all different, some great at night some suck daytime, some just suck. Lipo, Lipo charge controller, and a smallish solar panel means never having to touch them (ok I did have to change a battery and a camera last year). ESP8266’s make for great motion sensing IR floodlights for even less $ (have to spend more on a bigger battery and solar though)

I’m adding a cellular connection this year so I can get live updates not just next morning.

4 Likes

It can definitely be a sticky situation to be avoided at all costs.

2 Likes

I don’t know about shooting at people and setting up alarms. Seems like that would do the exact opposite of what my intended goal is… Staying hidden. Stealth has always been my best friend. No one knows, then it grows. I use natural deterrents like water and briers. I look for where deer like to bed. They are experts at survival and staying hidden. If they’re safe the plants will be too (as long as you throw up a little chicken wire.) And of course, always remember loose lips sink ships. Tell your buddy or jackass family member and you’ll either come back to no plants, or get a knock on your door from the 5-0. Stay safe out there.

7 Likes

if you shoot some one,there family or them if still alive get lawyers, they will make you look like the criminal,
your neighbors will treat you like a criminal. And as far as i know no where in the states can a citizen shoot someone for theft. You have to be in fear of your or someone else’s life…

3 Likes

I used the center of a wild thick blackberry patch, at one time they were cultivated, but it was big and no one ever went in there on one edge was a swamp. worked good for years

4 Likes

This is the basis for all of the problems facing us today. There is no accountabiliy anymore. used to be, you fucked with the wrong dude, you went to the ER, or worse.

And as for the rippers…

pphftt…“I thought he was a deer…sorry officer.” “What the hell was he doing out there in my field crouching around, looking all deer like, anyway?”

or a bag of lime, either way…accountability.

3 Likes

Guard dog.

2 Likes

I have a few donkeys on my property…i have a small horse farm with a few cattle…they keep away the unwanted things like coyotes, stray dogs, “rippers” etc…two of the donks are extremely vicious…they accept me sort of, but when I go out at night I carry apples…but they know me…if they do not…apples will not help.
They will run you down, stomp you, kick you, stomp you some more, bite the living shit out of you, drag you around and then…possibly rape what is left of your corpse.
Naturally I would have the plants in an enclosure inside their enclosure.
You would have to be pretty determined to get those plants.

8 Likes

Awesome, donkeys are now on my list of must have farm animals :o:

4 Likes

No, works like that in our state…we have “tested” it last year…they checked our gun, made sure it was ours…took the body, said have a good night. Do not come onto our gated property, it will not end well for you I promise.
(obviously a bit more, but basically summed it up)

6 Likes

I live out in the country and my property is posted . If you come through my closed gate you better have a badge and a warrant . No threat intended but don’t push the issue !

6 Likes

Some people just don’t give a shit and are ruthless at that. 5 years ago I caught a guy sitting in his truck on my property. I grew up with his daughter so I was real nice and said your trespassing and gotta go. So I went back to my vehicle. 5 minutes later he’s still there so I get out a second time and said hey you have to leave or I’m calling the cops. So what he did was drove next to the road on my property and parked. I was pissed so I got out a 3rd time and basically told him I was gonna whip his ass if he didnt leave this time.
So he left and told the whole area I was drunk and if he had a hand gun he would of shot me through his door!! I wasn’t drunk, and the son of a bitch should of been arrested. I told a couple peeps what really happened and the cocktail sucker shut up.
I can’t believe the nerve of some people. You trust no one and if I ever see him on my property again I won’t even get of of my truck. He will immediately be known as a threat, a gun will be pulled on him and he will be arrested!!

3 Likes

Listen my friend…calling the cops never served anyone…let alone, the caller…if he is trespassing, go get a trespass warrant from a magistrate…then, if you ever see him on your property again…kill him.

I have had this kind of trouble before on my land…I am a war veteran of 13 yrs…I’ve done my share…one more will mean nothing.
People in my area understand this now…they now know that I am to be left alone.

5 Likes

Put it up a tree. Air pots plus tree.

3 Likes

Been there, done that lol.

3 Likes

A little story about a unwanted visitor I was sitting out on the deck watching the sunset . When a white van drove in and slowed by my barn then by the house and drove out . Then came back and did the same thing . On his third trip I was sitting on the steps with a loaded 12 gauge pump and questioned his intentions . He called me a F ing hippy and said he was going to kill me so I blasted the side of his van . I pumped another round in to the back door as he was spinning his tires and screaming . Away he went with me shooting . I called the cops and told the story they said you did what`. I waited a couple of hours with nothing happening until the phone rang it was the local dispatch asking if he came back . I said no and dispatch said I guess you took care of the problem end of story .

12 Likes

Lol that’s hilarious. But real…

Lmmfao

Free lead paint job

1 Like