How to make CBD/THC vape pen refills?

Hello OG’s!

How are u guys doing ?

I’m planning to make my first thc vape pen refil… i bought that atomizer 510 1ml from china and i did studying a days earlier how to make that oil to vaperize it and what i found is:

vegetal glicerine usp 1 consumible, dilute the filtered BHO on it 1:1 and be happy… but i want to know how u guys doing and if that “recipe” is the better way to create some quality vape refils ?

thanks everyone :man_farmer: :heart:

11 Likes

I interested to see how this goes currently I buy a concentrate cart about once a month at the dispeno’s

3 Likes

Hallo,

Not that my .02 cents counts for much. But if your going to make carts from scratch i would just take your shatter, dabbage, rosin etc etc decarb it in the oven in an oven safe container @220-230 F for about 30 minutes to an hour. Extract decarbed stuff into syringe with 1mm tip. Once in syringe put it in your vape cart. I like doing it like that so your not cutting it with anything else.

HTH
HG

6 Likes

Oh, thats a new information for me… in my mind, the atomizator when vaporizing the oil already decarbed it when activated…

Interesting!

probably you save me of my first mistake :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for sharing :man_farmer: :heart:

4 Likes

I Just made a batch Yesterday.
I use an instant pot,70-80 ml of PG and 7 grams of cannabis trims and flowers mixed.
I put everything in my Mason jar into instant pot,let 40 minutes on High pressure (about 200-220 F) to decarboxylate.
After It Is decarbed,I put the propilene in the Mason jar and Slow Cook 30 minutes in the instant pot.
When finished,strain the mixture and wait to Cool down.Here you Just obtained an infused THC flavour that you can mix in a base of PG and VG for vaping in Electric vape mods and atomizers.
@LionsNaughtyBeans feel free to Ask if something Is not clear

On the left the vape juice mixed with 20% of the concentrate,on the right side,the extracted juice
Also,I forgot to Say,I made One batch months ago and came so nice that a friend of mine Who used to smoke cannabis before than me said he would pay for a bit.I did It without an instant pot,It Is 100% doable

9 Likes

Hey @Andrexl , how u doing bud ?

Thanks for the reply!! i aprecciate your help!!

i have just few questions:

• What u mean with PG e VG ?
  • I never heard about propilenol… i did give it some 10 minutes reading about early this morning but i cant understand the difference between glicerine and what is the better ?

High pressure (about 200-220 F)

and here you mean “temperature” instead pressure, right?

i already bought some glicerine to do some tests but i’m considering buy a bit of propilenol to see the difference in real life but do you know what is the gains/loses chosing one of them ?

srry for the late reply… yesterday was a busy day at work!

thx again !

1 Like

Alright, let’s get into work.
The rate of infusione has been tested on Propylen glycol (PG) and Vegetale Glycerin(VG) in this Little study done by Ardent Nova,Who makes the Ardent Nova decarboxylator.The Laboratory results are that glycol or PG ABSORB 90 % max of the Cannabinoids contents,while It has been proved Glycerin or VG a
Has a very very very poor rate of infusion.

Question about pressure and temperature:
High pressure Is a SETTING on the instant pot.Choosing High pressure instead of Low pressure Will generate a temperature while decarbing of 200-220 F,the exact range.It has worked for me for cannabutter and the vape juice.

Also,
consider that Glycol or PG If Brought at higher temperatures than 188 ° Celsius Is going to boil,and,It will degrade a bit in some cancerogen compounds,so,when you do infuse you want to use a termometer for liquids or do your research as I did for the instant pot Temperature of every program in the device.

End notes:There Is a way to do your juice without an instant pot,as I did my First Time.

Link to the study of VG vs PG as infusion media:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://ardentcannabis.com/blog/truth-hunters-pg-vs-vg/&ved=2ahUKEwib1Y_07aH1AhXI_7sIHXVhBi0QtwJ6BAgDEAE&usg=AOvVaw0upYyGs59XS7lgh2ayFUvV

@LionsNaughtyBeans here you go

Edit:Have you ever asked yourself why in the Reading of almost every Vape juice flavor concentrate comes written:“infused in PG” or “PG based aroma”?
The answer Is because PG Is very much more effective as a media to absorb aromas and compounds.

That Is why you want to create a concentrated flavor First,and then,when you finished cooking the mix of PG and decarbed cannabis material you want to head to mix It With the right dosage VG and add PG again,as the juice you made Is meant to be DILUTED in a percentage of 10-15-20 into a BASE of pure PG and VG.This Is how you do a vape juice.
Do not foget the liquid you prepared Is in PG,so you have to scale down the amount of Total PG in your base because you are going to add a concentrate that Is PG based.

Example:I want a BASE of 50/50 because I want It to use in a certain type of vape device,I do not want a lot of vapor etc etc…
What youd do?
Calculate the base volume:I want 60 ml of Total juice at 50/50 rate at 20% of flavoring(strong):
Add 30 ml VG,calculate 20% of 60 ml and add the result as THC juice =12ml.
Last but not least,I add the remaining ml of PG to reach 50% of total PG/VG rateo I want=18ml

Here you got 30mlVG+30mlPG(included THC and Cannabinoids content) and 20% of flavor.

For further questions,feel free to Ask friend
I am currently vaping it

9 Likes

@Andrexl does the juice separate or stratify after sitting for a few weeks at room temp? I have read reports of that elsewhere.

What is the consistency of the oil? Can it be used in a standard attys or does it need the cartos with really large juice holes?

I am a hard core nicotine ejuice vaper, it allows me to stay off the leaf tobacco. I build my own DNA mods. Also on the Evolv beta test team. I use 99% nicotine and mix my own ejuice. I have bulk PG and VG and all the syringes and pipettes needed to mix.

I grow 1 or 2 plants at a time. Trying to figure out how to process my trim/larf into vapable juice. This looks like it is well within my skillset.

Pulling up a chair…

6 Likes

I have that same mod🤣

2 Likes

Always good to see another diy’r when it comes to making juice :grin: been doing it about 7 years now. Need to get back to mod making too. Though I did have a question as I saw you build DNA mods but thats for later.

Need to make up some infused juice here at some point myself.

I remember reading back in my days on grass city about infusing juice and about different carriers. O e of the other ways being using everclear for the extracting and then condensing it down enough to be able to mix in with juice…downside was it spit like crazy and was a bit harsh.

Will probably have to co.e back later to fix some of this/Reiterate as I’m still waking up.

4 Likes

I Will answer asap

1 Like

Shit It Is a good mod for sure for using at home

Friend,here we go:
I would Say,you decide the thickness of the e-liquid,following the same rule you apply for the juices you do regularly.
The concentrate will result in the same density and thickness of PG,so no Need to worry about that.
Basically,all you have to do Is adjust the ratio of your PG/VG base following your needs:
Dtl vaping style,you want It for big attis and big could,big clouds and very nice flavour.
If you want a MTL experience you dilutr It like 70/30 PG/VG and use in smaller atomizers or,you mix It up with your tobacco organic flavor concentrates and It vapes quite fine!

Second question:No,I have not seen It degrading and It Is has not separated yet,and it’s a 1 year old CBD vape juice made without instant pot!

Pic,from left:
newer and Thc extracted some days ago mixed in 60/40 base of PG/VG;Center:old not separated CBD juice mixed in 30/70 PG/VG;Right:extracted concentrate of THC made some days ago,7grams buds and trim into 75 ml PG.

4 Likes

Thanks for the run down. You have given me something to try once I get some trim.

I thought about doing hash, but I would insist on dry sieve and it would be a bit of work. This sounds like I could salvage the goody and make myself a great vape, without as much work. When it comes to vaping, I have enough kit to open up a shop. I do have empty cartos that I put D8 in, but that stuff is as thick as cold honey and needed a special carto with huge juice holes… I would love something.I could use in my DNA250 with dual titanium fused Clapton coils running in temp control.

2 Likes

a lot of valuable information here, ahn? :thinking:

Thanks for you guys to sharing your knowledge and helping this guy here to make less mistakes !

OG is a great place to be part :heart: :man_farmer: :brazil:

5 Likes

You Will Have no problem on using this juice in every Vape attis!Just experiment with the dilution of the extracted flavor to find your tasty spot

2 Likes

No problem friend,If I can Help I will

2 Likes

Handy I’ve been wanting
To make my own vape juice ,

3 Likes

Maybe Someone should PIN this thread for further questions and tweaking I Will try in the near future

2 Likes

I throw “Handy” at Google and i found a brazilian enterprise what sells male masturbators LOL

JFYI :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes