My experiment with vape oil

I am going to be decarbing 1.5 lbs of trim with buds. Then I will be making a vg pg mix by mixing it and letting it sit for 4 months. I will then at the end be straining it through cheesecloth. This will be where I document this for anyone else trying to make vape juice. I also have Blueberry Bubblegum or something to add later. Comments welcome.

Stay kind always

Pawsfodocaws

12 Likes

I’m curious to see where this goes!

Have you seen this?

3 Likes

Yes I have but I’m not into carts. More mod box style. So vp pg vape liquid is what I’m doing. Done it before. Dank af

2 Likes

I’ve heard if you have the patience to do it twice, the extra terps dissolved in the vg pg act as a solvent getting even more out of the subsequent batches, since thc is not very soluble into pg vg.

I’ve definitely made some before (in fact I have all the fixins right now, and I can’t sleep, so maybe I’ll give her another go.

What’s your method? Fresh? Kief? (Edit Just re read, I see, decarbed)

3 Likes

Interesting concept for sure, I reckon regular concentrate mixed in with some CBC and terps, filled up into a disposable would be a little easier.

2 Likes

Ahh, you one of them old school box mod boys.
I hear ya. I used to love building unique coil sets myself. :wink:

4 Likes

I used to be cool too :sleepy: lol

3 Likes

Ime concentrates don’t flow right with vg, there’s companies that advertise peg (400 maybe) as a base, and you heat, shake and drip it, but I tried once and thought it was chemical tasting and harsh. Farm to vape I think it was. My poor lungs.

2 Likes

Oh nah brother I mean just skipping the pg and vg and doing what I said :stuck_out_tongue: The CBC will thin the normal concentrate by a bunch as would terps :stuck_out_tongue: so u can fill up a disposable and have a nice vape :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oooooh, yeah, but then we’re back into cart territory, right? How thin is cbc? I’ve heard this before. It’s actually a common cart thinner already isn’t it?

And it helps prevent carts crystalizing or “crashing out” right?

Maybe in addition to the pg/vg?

2 Likes

Further insomniac inquiries…I wonder how long for a natural decarb in the solution?

Will using fresh buds introduce water into the mix? Will cured but introduce too much water as well?

1 Like

You ever dropped straight RSO on a wickless coil build?

2 Likes

Yes, you should check out Aspirakles on Instagram I think his name is.

I used to use rolled up ss mesh for the wicks alot. I’d make the vg “tincture” part to wet it after I put a dab on. If that makes sense.

I’d love to be able to just drip some vg though.

images (8) Here’s the only pic I found…

5 Likes

I like to decarb my flower at 150F for 24 hours. It doesn’t have that burnt flavor you get with the high temp fast decarb that most people do. You can also decarb the vape juice after soaking in the flower. Or just skip the decarb process altogether and let the coils turn the THCa into D9 at the point of vaporization. Might actually taste better with the terps raw and unheated anyway

3 Likes

Given that one puff is about a drop of liquid, getting it to the strength to where it works was tough for me. Flavor was pretty good, high was vague at best. (I’m also one of those people that needs a large dose of edibles, and carts don’t really do it for me most of the time.) Can’t wait for any experience from @Pawsfodocaws

Also is cheese cloth enough? I used coffee filters and it was still really funky, coil life was one day.

My best experience was a 2.5mm fused Clapton 34g over 26g eight wraps with a piece of quartz rod the length of the coil. Lay as you go. It was amazing for when I worked in the kitchen. Huge but manageable dabs by pulsing on a mech. (I like brass Kennedys :nerd_face:)

3 Likes

I thought this was interesting, there’s a part about using distilled water.

Does anyone remember a thread or article by subcool about kicking a Mason jar of this stuff around his apartment floor for a year? This was along time ago, probably as a tincture, not for vaping. :thinking:

Anyone have a good recipe to make a cannabis e-juice? forgot about this…

1 Like

No bro ditch carts and go with something like this. 4ML USB-C Ceramic Disposable

Out of stock right now but ive put at least 20 grams through this already. If you grab their terpenes, those can thin as well. the O noids are very thin and are great for thinning as well but if you want to stick to classic noids CBC is ur best bet for making thick stuff thinner. I dont know what ratios people do though…

Me , I take this 4 gram disposable and my latest blend was 1.5 gram of HHC and 1g Delta 8 , .5 ish of CBD, .25 CBGo and .1 hhcp with terpenes. and that was thin enough to vape all day… Hell. even just Delta 8 ( very thick ) and cbd alone is thin enough to vape all day. This disposable is truly a beast.

Carts are bs. This thing is the easiest product ive ever used in regards to filling with concentrate and it hits good. I wouldn’t recommend it but I bet a blinker would hit just as hard as a dab.

I know these 4ml version are out of stock but id wait or try to find this same brand elsewhere haha. This is the best ive ever used.

It has clogged like 3-4 times during this 20 grams or so. But it unclogs very easily and is back to nice hits in no time. Idk how they did it because usually carts, disposables etc, they suck after a while. Ive never been able to put 20 GRAMS through something like this LOL.

See if I had access to proper concentrate. Id experiment with blending the non trippy noids gilded sells with it. CBC is a potentiator, thus making ur concentrate stronger. CBGo is the acetate version of CBG , it adds a dreamy energetic calmness . quite interesting. would love to do blends like d9 live resin + CBgo + cbc + some Live res terps

***In my opinion, if you want to fill up one of these with concentrate, first you would have to decarb the concentrate (unless its d9 disty,no decarb needed for d9 disty ) get it melted down so u can put it in a glass syringe and pump into the disposable. its a 4 gram disposable so id do like 2.5 g d9, .5g cbd, .2g cbc and u could do terps too, although id probably rather just taste the concentrate… When I want to fill or make blends I toss the jars into the oven at 200 and fill the syringe when they’re ready. but tbh this disposable doesnt need a syringe if you are careful, its that easy to fill. You could literally take ur dab tool and get a glob and melt it in… although dont recommend. u want a nice coherent well mixed blend. A trick for making sure its well blended I learned is just taking the jar of hot concentrate and spinning it on the counter a bunch. Assuming it has a tight lid

3 Likes

You basically just described how we make carts for the hemp industry. Come up with a good recipe and pair it with a reliable vape. Just have to get the right ratio of oils to terps allowing the mixture to flow through the coils properly

2 Likes

More to come, I’ll be jarring it all up for 3 to 4 months. Pics and what not.

2 Likes

Yeah pretty much Chara ! I vape alt noids because they are cheaper and legal !!! Everything Gilded Extracts sells allows me to make very good blends to vape on <3 HHCP for example, its quite expensive, but even at a percentage of 2% in the blend… It was very noticable , quite enjoyable, and when I ran out of it and couldnt add HHCP to my blends anymore, I was kind of sad because The effects of the whole blend went down a notch or two LOL.

I used Cannabinoids with turkeys blend calculator and formulated my recent blend. 1.5 grams of HHC, 1 gram of delta 8, . 5 grams of CBD, . 25 grams of CBGo and .1 grams of HHCP, mixed with 8 percent terps and it was sooooo smooth. Oh shih I already typed that LOL… High moment, its staying… Have a nice day yall <3

1 Like