How to mature clones faster?

Awesome! Thank for sharing. I will check it out.

1 Like

Havenā€™t done a side by sideā€¦ but you can really feed them quite a bit without negative results. Just make sure itā€™s ground fine.

From what I can tell on seed packetsā€¦ it definitely speeds things up.

Between barley and worms, even my giant pumpkins were fruiting a good 3 weeks before my mother in laws from the same seed pack and almost identical climate :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

I have some cuttings in a vase by the window right nowā€¦they developed buds before roots

2 Likes

@anon58740919 @Ceilingless

Iā€™ll take advantage of the barley talk and askā€¦
I received some seeds that were not kept in the fridge. They must be 8 years old, and how long before thatā€¦ I donā€™t know
Considering the enzymes in the malted barley, would a mild solution help with germination? i also have fulvic acid if that helps.
Three test seeds have not shown anything for 13 days

2 Likes

Donā€™t ever be shy to ask. If we canā€™t help. Guarantee someone here can and will. You wonā€™t find a better group of folks :100:

The only thing Iā€™ve done thatā€™s worked for old seeds was scuffing up with sandpaper and soaking in a h20/h20Ā² mix. Iā€™m not an organic grower by any stretch.

What medium are you using to try and germinate? Whats the medium temperature? (I usually sit awkward germers on a sky box or the Xbox) they like a slightly warmer medium when germing.

2 Likes

Look into worm casting germination methods for older seeds. It IS the best. I tried so many things amd castings had 5x germination rates compared to the second closest.

(Yes even 200$ specialized formulas, crazy chemist horticultural potions. Worm doodoo wins)

5 Likes

Always ask! Rarely hurts, usually helps. Thatā€™s why weā€™re all here.

I use barley/kelp meal tea for seed sprouting of all kinds. Donā€™t know if it would help, but I doubt it would hurt.

I really like the suggestion that @Mithridate posed as well.

Canā€™t speak highly enough for the power of the microbial life in good worm castings.

Magical little things they are.

4 Likes

They were soaked in tap water for 24 hours. PH around 8.
After that in a paper towel.
Temperature 25 - 27 degrees Celsius

Somewhere on OG I read about a similar method. I know it wasnā€™t barley, but the logic behind it is that this solution replaces the germination enzymes that are lacking in the old seed.
Or something like that :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks to all of you

4 Likes

Thank you all again for your feedback. This is the most positive feedback Iā€™ve gotten. Much appreciated.

2 Likes

Get a grow journal up bro. Some pics and stuff and youā€™ll have plenty more feedback to come. Iā€™ll hit the watch button right away :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thank you!

btw dryback / crop steering is definitely a thing to look into

1 Like

Much appreciated!

1 Like

are these ā€œclonersā€ you speak of out past the outer rim? @misterbee :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: