How to properly overgrow a tent

Day 7 of flower

Bogbubble
No sign of preflowers whatsoever.
Once sexed, I’ll cull all males(aaahh maybe I can keep one) and transplant females to 5" pots from their oh so tight 3".

Bubblegum smell has to transfer to taste to be a keeper. Some do smell chewable already. :smile:
Pictured below is a typical Bogbubble standing at 9"

Lifesavers
No sign of preflowers.
The main goal is to isolate the tropical phenos. At this point 90% are just that. The exceptions are the 2 grape ones I hoped would turn chocolatey. Nope. Oh and 2 “blueberry”

I already isolated the grape tootsie roll ones in their own line. If I did a good job, I have a much better chance to find a choco male in that parallel line.

Yep they still are in 3" pots. Once they show their sex, females will get new shoes and males will be isolated in a cage - where no plant make it out alive - for pollen collection.

Lifesaver squat and spicy, 8"

Lifesaver new shoes scented, 10in (probably lemon)

Lifesaver tropical “peppery melon” and whorled. I wonder if the clones will also grow in triplets

Sour strawberry
Looking good so far. There’s the odd mag def (?) on maybe 2 of them. Smells are strawberry candy, strawberry cream and strawberry kush (not hotpants, these have vigor). The latter being the prize. I’ll open pollinate this round, call them f2.5 or whatever hah, keeping a couple buds from each sensi to test the high and flavor. Next round will be proper f3 from strawberry kush keepers.

Sour strawberry6 10"

Sour strawberry11 10"

Orange
Most showed sex already - !!
1f 2m 3m 4m 5m 6f? 7m? 8f? 9m 10f? 11m 12f? 13m 14m 15f?
Only a few females in this batch but OG1 is beautiful :heart_eyes: nice structure and aroma is on point. If only she could have a potent dreamy giggly high, she would be perfect.

OG4 fastest male “I’m 'bouta buss” pheno

OG3 male, he’s a stretcher for sure lol

I must make more seeds! There’s a couple woody smelling plants but most of them are orange. From rind to semi sweet flesh. I like this line alot.

Skunk
1f 2f 3f 4m 5f 6f 7f? 8f? 9? 10?11m? 12f?

Skunk (1) "WHATCHU MEAN I STANK?!"pheno - straight skunk - is the most odorous of the bunch and also a confirmed female :slight_smile: Don’t get me wrong I know it’s very early and things can - and probably will - change. Others smell of garlic and pickle brine (Not exactly but…) for now. Less mature ones have yet to develop any kind of stank. Structure is very similar across the board.

Sk1 “WHATCHU MEAN I STANK” pheno

My soil game is non existent, I’m growing in cheapo bagged soil mix and synthetic bottled nutrients(and small pots). With a properly amended organic soil I’d expect these to be dangerously odorant. My lack of skills may be a good thing this time hahah.

Interesting to see that both of the old lines are extra fast to show sex under a 12/12 light schedule. I suspect they were bred to trigger early outdoors. Being canadian, I like that very much.

P.S : How does one keep against cross pollination? It involves spraying a lot of water and giant bags - like the ones used to cover a mattress when you move.

Until next time :sunglasses:

18 Likes

Captains log - day 11

The stretch… the stretch is unbelievable.

Orange#6 is barely showing her first few pistils and she already doubled in height. I thought these were nice little hybrids.
Nope, this one is giving me full blown sativa stretch. I don’t know the true lineage, I do know one thing though… just about every orange themed strains come from “orange” or “Cali orange”, both listed as lineage Unknown. Last year I did some digging and found this

“Cali Orange = Thai x [Afghani x Acapulco Gold]”
Or
“Thai x early girl [Afghani x Mexican Sativa]”

Which I thought was quite humorous. Well I’m starting to believe it ! Hahaha :sweat:

Pushing 20"

16 Likes

I really dig your thread man… gonna pull up a recliner… hey, I’m disabled, what ya gonna do… lol
Lifesaver… I miss that one. Gymshoes did a great job on her and I should of kept some seeds of it back… The Strawberry Diesel has an excellent structure I’m seeing early on… nice spacing and growth at every node… she’s gonna fill in nicely and would be excellent SOG stock…

Thanks for sharing…

3 Likes

Hehe this is somewhat of a side quest here :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I dreamed up a crazy sog setup… meaning ridiculous plant numbers and obligatory columnar growth, preferably with 3x stretch. I’d love to be able to sog from seed, so I’m “breeding” with that goal in mind…

Growing under t5s is cheap and has the added benefit of testing for performance in lower light conditions. Important imo when you cram 3’ poles together so bottom half is nice and chunky too!

Glad to have you on board !

4 Likes

Alright…

Tonight I binned the bogbubbles males leaving me with 6 females. They don’t have any side branching lol a side effect of packing them too tight eh

I went through the lifesavers and scrapped the 2 remaining grape phenos and this celery looking thing

Some are starting to show their sex, males will stay in their 3" pots and females will be transfered to 5"

Sour strawberry males will stay in their 4" for pollen collection and females will get a massive mansion (6.5", round pots, sorry Astrodude :laughing:).

The skunks and oranges males are getting close to drop their first bit of pollen, I’m watching them closely. I got a box ready to welcome the multiple orange males. There are only 2 skunk males so a glass of water and a bag it is. hehe.

Females of both strains were bent and tied to accommodate my setup and encourage lower growth ( I still need cuts uh oh :sweat_smile:)

12/12 from seed club

Skunk x lifesaver

Margalope

Raspberry boogie 4

:heart:

9 Likes

I want to take a minute and talk about the 2 old lines I’m running…

Skunks

Unfortunately the 2 males are throwing pistils, I’m still going to open pollinate because that’s all I have to work with this round. I have read a lot recently about hermies, preservation, breeding schemes and what not. I’m in no way shape or form an expert, far from it, but if I understand correctly it should go like this:

Step1- (we’re here)
Open pollinate/bulking. It’s a numbers game baby. I cannot trash hermies, they are my only source of pollen and for sake of gene diversity they must be included anyway. Using different methods in the future I should be able to find/breed clean specimens.

Step2 - selfing (s1) my 4-6 favorite females in 4-6 distinct families. This method is used to explore gene recombination within each families. Is plant 1 heterozygous or homozygous for xyz traits, the more homozygous the better. I will be paying special attention to smell(duh) but most importantly intersex traits. So, pop 40 S1’s from each family, select the top 5% regardless of which family they come from and self(s2) those. Rinse/repeat. By S3 I should see which 2 original females is most solid for my list of trait.

Step3- bring 2 solid families together. Selfing will kick to the curb a lot of genes, (homozygosity) causing inbreeding depression FAST. Recombining 2 inbred families should restore some or most vigor to the line

Step4- hope all is well, and enjoy my new line.
If something goes wrong ie the 2 families aren’t compatible for some reason, I’ll still have 2 solid lines, inbred as all hell and ready to be crossed to something else that works.

This is just for fun and to get a little practice in eh
I still have a bunch of old skunk seeds in the fridge and I’m exploring different methods to improve my germ rates.

Then and only then will shit get serious :wink:

Ps: I’ll use a similar method with orange, just different traits.

Good luck and I’m off to bed bruh :laughing:

9 Likes

The 11 Sour strawberry females were given bigger shoes. I gave them more room and I hope it will help them branch out - I have not taken cuts yet. If you paid me to pick a keeper today I could not do it.

Now the males (10) are still in 4" pots. I’m letting them mature until I can collect pollen from the tops and then I’ll keep the best 4 or 5 to reveg…

Lifesaver have not clearly shown their sex, but I think there are lots of boys. Meh. Good news is there’s at least a couple primo lemon sire.

Orange males (10) were taken out of the tent to an undisclosed location for DNA collection. The 5 females seem happy.

Only 1 female skunk is smelling like our favorite striped friend. The 8 others are skunky, yes, but I’m afraid they might finish quite sweet.

1 male is stretchy and smells like asphalt, second is shorter and sour… like cucumber and piss (???) :laughing: idk
They all have a ferocious appetite

Lazy photo taken mid way…

12 Likes

Good evening OG, how is youuu

Update day 13 flower.
A day early from our scheduled meeting :raised_hands:
It’s going to be a short one.

Sour strawberry #15

Slowly but surely

Call me crazy but this lifesaver male smells like banana bread. Shout out to those who are participating in the solo cup challenges. This one has a whole cup of dirt to himself :kissing_heart:

My favorite orange (#1) squatter pheno

Orange (#10) lanky pheno

Smelliest skunk (#1)

Today I got to smell a dead skunk, and sk1 is pretty close, but to be honest I think it’s missing something to be like straight spray. It’s still young and my soil game is cough limited. We’ll see…

Orange females were pollinated yesterday.
Skunks are next on the list.

Lifesaver x skunk did not make the cut
Bogbubbles also did not make the cut

For some reason the on/off switch on the upper level light bank blew up. Top floor received extra hours of darkness.

Aaaand, yeah that’s it :wink:

Cheers
M.

12 Likes

I’m interested if that sk1 maintains it’s smell through flower and cure. Looking great! :beers:

3 Likes

That is the $100 question! This run she will will not reach her full potential that’s for sure :slightly_smiling_face: . I read a ton of stuff looking for the right soil recipe to bring out the rankest notes. I may have found the right mix. Next run I’ll focus my efforts on dialing this cut as well as making S1’s to see if the smell breeds true… and popping more old skunk beans of course. The non sweet skunk seems to make up 5% of the line.

If I can find 5 or more acrid ones and open pollinate them we just might get somewhere. hahaha

This is a side project, I really wish I had more room… but don’t we all? :thinking: :laughing:

5 Likes

Skunks were pollinated on friday. I only managed to get the smallest amount of pollen, luckily it was enough.

Some very interesting smells coming from most of them, almost cheesy, sweet. Not rks but delicious nonetheless.

Also worth noting, the only nasty skunk plant in this batch was the one with the widest leaves.
I’ll try to confirm this with the next batch, and if it proves to be true, I’ll be able to pop ridiculous amounts from the refreshed stock and cull all but the fat leaved ones. fingers crossed.

Sour strawberry males are about to drop pollen, sadly I couldn’t get cuts from every females… with a bit of luck the top 3 or 5 will be the ones I do have cuts of. If not I’ll have to attempt to reveg some, dang.

Lifesavers are going OK, I won’t get a kilo of seed from them lol. Just enough to search through.

Thankfully I’m not hurting for smoke, cause this run is skin and bones, barely any meat!

7 Likes

Day 5481 - mission: overgrow the fucking world.

I’ve been silently slinging beans on OG, love you all. Today I gave away over a pound of flowers to folks who may be less fortunate than I. Tomorrow I’ll be up before sunrise. It is going to be a good day. You can count on it.

You see them balls - them sour strawberry balls

Yeah…

Sour strawberry cuts 8/11 , the remaining 3 just wouldn’t branch out, I say - you no branch, I no keep.
All 8 males will be revegeded - for a pollen run
Orange 1 - 4 cuts, look out for them S1’s.
Skunk 1 - 4 cuts, all over that. S1’s n shiet
Lifesavers - male cuts only. A banana, a lemon and a spicy papa. I am satisfied knowing tropical f3s are on their way.

Good.night.og.

18 Likes

Already thursday! I.am.spent.

I wanted to talk about a few things regarding space management and pheno hunting but I failed to bring my points in a concise way. Looking up/ translating words trying to express exactly what I mean can be frustrating when I’m tired heh

All is not.lost, there’s always tomorrow :wink:

Sour strawberry are flowering slowly, bud formation is quite behind what I’m used to see at this point (4th week now?). I may have went heavy on the N the first week of flower, causing delayed flowering. Not that big of a problem, I can leave them 12 weeks if needed, but I’m definitely taking notes.

Ssk1

Ssk15
As you can see some are branchier than others… interesting to note that most are quite similar in leaf pattern while exhibiting a wide array of stem girth and flexibility/malleability. Smells are mostly strawberry at varying degrees. From sweeter to more manly strawberry, whatever that means lol .

They have yet to be pollinated. Which should happen sooner than later :wink:

Orange
I honestly think this ones special, even without having any proofs. Hah. I’m shaking in anticipation to see what she can do under 1000w hps. She’s welcome to my dungeon without calling, anytime.

Seeds

Skunks have turned kinda sweet, not fruity, just generic sweet, even the raunchy one. I still have hope though. One of the nastiest plant I ever grew was a no name Afghani that started with a promising nose and turned sweet soon after initiating flowering. Well, week 7-8 had me paranoid as all hell due to smell… and she kicked like a mule. Time will tell but I like skunk1 very much.

I… uh probably missed a ton of stuff lol.
But bed.is.calling, soo g’night for now :kissing_heart:

18 Likes

Oh, I already planned to make a trip to my seed vault on saturday so the first 2 people to comment “evil pineapple” gets a 20 pack of mosca’s cinderella99 f2s.

Muhaha

8 Likes

Haha BadA$$ code word “Evil Pineapple” so cool … and I’m the 1st to say this :wink:

5 Likes

One of the Best things I’ve read today… Mad Respect :pray:

Ps. Nice grow :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Evil pineapple

4 Likes

Looks killer bro everything u got going on

2 Likes

Holy crap, I think everyone needs a colorful plant or 20 in their garden like that

3 Likes

If that’s a raspberry,I think it’s in the genetics somewhere, I had a raspberry cookies male look funky like that too

2 Likes