The Thunderdome

So after some thought and a lot of sleep deprivation I’ve decided to do a all solo cup from seed tent…will it be challenging and aggravating at times yes…will it be worth it probably not…do I want CONSTRUCTIVE criticism sure… negative bullshit naw I’m good…so let’s get this party started already

2x2 tent
165 watt California Light Works LED
20 18oz solo cups

This will go one way thunderdome style there will be regular merciless killing of weak, needy, and slow plants

If a male along the way looks interesting to you say something and I will attempt to collect some pollen for you before it gets the axe
Most of this is either OG breeding or OG obtained so thanks for the seeds guys
So going in a lil water bath are as follows

1. Suge PK Uzbekistan @Heritagefarms (Female)
  2. Male @Pedro_Bann
  3. Male @Mongobongo
  4. Oregon Huckleberry / Pink Animal Crackers (Female)
  5. Dead
  6. Green Lantern (Female)
  7. Purple Urkle @misterbee (Female)
  8. Gorilla Slippers @Howard.Crane (Female)
  9. Male
  10. Male
  11. GSC X Pineapple Kush (Female)
  12. Bad Azz Cookie OG (Female)
  13. Mother’s Milk #3 F2 @OleReynard
  14. Dead
  15. Purple Badlands F2 @anon58740919 (Female)
  16. Azad Kashmir @DiggySoze male (being kept for now)
  17. OG Kush @GorillaSeeds
  18. Tiger Jack (Female)
  19. Dead
  20. Dead

Sorry for those I forgot to give credit too I’m sure I’ll be editing this list

36 Likes

It’s amazing what some of our members can produce from solo cups. My only gripe is the 3x per day watering they eventually require. I’ve not got the patients for that shite :laughing:

11 Likes

My plan is to bottom feed off a tray but we will see lol

13 Likes

Lol this is going to be a shit show! Love it

5 Likes

If only one remains standing so be it

7 Likes

I don’t think you got number 5 from me or the server fund.
Hindu Kush x Tom K?

I’m tempted to try and grow a plant in a shot glass just for somthing to do

3 Likes

I thought that’s what these were?

I may have misunderstood I switched to 3rd shift a couple weeks ago and shits kinda been a blur

4 Likes

Oh this is going to be a good show! Can not wait to see the solo cup jungle.

2 Likes

Sounds like an amazing limeup, cant wait to see em in progress

2 Likes

What’s your opinion on positive bullshit?

8 Likes

Positive bullshit is always welcome here

5 Likes

Well, I have never used a tent, but I have grown lots of plants in solo size containers. Indoors and out.
Watering/feeding from bottom is very efficient, I have used kiddie pools of different sizes outdoors to easily water dozens of plants outdoors,
Indoors I used smaller dog crate trays/pans in closets and such.
I prefer to use Styrofoam cups 16 to 20oz over plastic solos. I use only a soil-less mix …ProMix.
You will dial in how much/often to water your plants by watching how much water they absorb.
Just do not let them sit in excess standing water …you want them to wick it all up…until the next watering.

I will stay tuned.
Good luck, have fun!

11 Likes

Godspeed! Looking forward to the updates

1 Like

Is there a reason you prefer the Styrofoam? A soil-less medium would probably work better with the bottom feeding I have to go to the hydro store for some kind of medium today anyway I’ll look into it I thought about Coco coir as well

5 Likes

I have never used coco coir, but I suspect it would work just fine.
I like styro better than plastic for inconsequential reasons …
easier to poke drainage holes in the bottom of cups very quickly.
Magic marker writing on styro cup is more permanent.
And outdoors, the white styro does not absorb and transmit heat to the soil mix as readily.
So indoors either would work just as well.

6 Likes

I’ve never used anything other than soil lol so it’s all new me

1 Like

Gonna watch this carefully! This is my plan for finding out what works for me. My grow, if I keep this winter thing going, is going to look like this next year.

I’m looking forward to details on your bottom feeding.

1 Like

Most seeds have cracked all have atleast sunk…will put them in fox farms ocean floor mix in the AM no soil-less mixes this time around unfortunately

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be a bad idea to put a 2x2 tray in your tent. Then you can bottom feed. It’ll make watering alot easier and more even. Just fill the tray a half inch and the soil will suck up what it needs. Also I’d keep the plants in the solo cups till they show pre flowers. After you weed out the males wouldn’t hurt to upgrade to gal pots. You might not have the room for for say 12 pots. But you’ll get more out of 9 gal pots then 12 solo cups.

4 Likes