How would you setup an axial fan in a grow tent?

Now that’s darn crafty. I like seeing innovation at its finest. Great idea and I’m definitely interested to see what you start getting inside there😃. I’ll be pulling up a chair for this one.

4 Likes

I’ve had this happen more than once :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Damn BROTHER! THATS SOME RAD DIY!! No joke about that! Thanks for sharing cuz that fan mount is RADICAL its so RAD!

2 Likes

That is something I never thought of with the AC clip ons, but its like, DUH! I SHOULDVE!

Edit…the leaves getting chewed up

2 Likes

Hey Potent Chronic, I had played around with this for one grow, over the winter, as I just needed something to do, and a very lazy friend, keeps pestering me to make them a single plant grow.

I used all free bulbs our electric company gives out once per year. The LED bulb sucked making clones, but the so called 100 watt twisty’s grew about 1.5 oz’s of airy bud, with 3/4’s leaf and scrub bud for edibles, in a 2 month cycle.

The clone area.

End of a concrete forming tube, that I had cut off for some reason or another.
Silly cheap set up for a bit of bud.

10 Likes

I use a couple 4” fans like this in my 2x2 tent. They move tons of air, and the will outlive most any other ‘grow tent fan’ out there.
Keep leaves away from them!

I just hang mine at a downward pointing 45 degree angle using garden wire:

6 Likes

Gulp…:eyes:

Regarding fire hazard, I’ve added a haven automatic fire extinguisher into my tent, mounted on a top port.

https://www.lowes.ca/product/fire-extinguishers/haven-haven-automatic-fire-extinguisher-726234

Give me some piece of mind when I’m not home.

For PC fans, I have used a length of lead wire and loop it into each top mounting hold. Then tie these together in the middle, then tie a string to this and loop it over my top tent pole. You can then raise and lower the fan. A peice of duct tape on the bottom, stuck to the side of the tent keeps it straight. I just replace the tape when it no longer holds.

Bammer

2 Likes

Bro this is a great idea iam just may Steal it

2 Likes

Hey Papalag, please do, as I may have myself!! I love garden wire for making stuff. Super cheap, a wire cutter, and needle nose pliers, turns you into a mechanical engineer, well hillbilly style anyway.
Putting a piece in the top of my tents gives me all kinds of hanging area, lights and what not, of to tie up, makes a nice screen to dry, or to grow into.
Add a bit of chicken wire and you now your ready to build skyscrapers, LOL!!
Best to you man!

1 Like

Thanks bro I have the same bail if that fencing I use for my scrog net I use that shit for every red neck project I can think of lol

3 Likes

Great minds think alike :grin: after my clip on burnt out after just over 2 years of constant running in tent and before that it was being used in the factory wife and I used to work at, had opened the tent one day and noticed it was dead. Used one of the pc fans and used the gardening string/twine stuff. I’ll have to grab a pic to add after I get home as I apparently don’t have a pic of it on my phone.
EDIT

On a side note glad I stopped and checked as soon as I got home, when I opened tent to look and get a pic I realized the small led I have that hangs under my carbon filter had burnt out sometime between yesterday afternoon and when I had gotten home tonight.

2 Likes