Howard's Hunt for Headstash

I was about to start begging for some Orange Goji seeds, but then remembered I was successful in getting my order in time thru @Sebring!

Orange Goji gets my vote for OG strain of the year. Never seen/smoked in person but the threads over the last year just paint a picture of a can’t miss strain. Looking forward to figuring out when I can run it!

9 Likes

It’s a really nice strain, well worth growing! I haven’t seen any bad results yet, lol.

I hope you throw up some pics here or in your thread when you do get around to them :grinning:

7 Likes

Who needs a kitty love glove when ya can use cannabis resin? Lol

2 Likes

Plus, the cat gets a free aromatherapy session :laughing:

3 Likes

I rejoined a few months ago and kept reading about People growing orange goji and how nice it is! I couldn’t find any info online about the strain, just Bodhi goji OG. I asked about the strain on a post, then got some seeds gifted to me (gotta love this place) but still kinda looking for info. I know there was a seed run and auction By 50state, then there was some that Howard.Crane here made. I’m excited to try them and trying to read others grow logs of them, but don’t know the history or lineage so much lol. is it a strain bred by Bodhi or is it a cross made by someone on the board?

5 Likes

50State made the original Orange Goji cross, which he sold as a server fund. I was gifted some of those originals by another member who had purchased his during the auction (I think), and made F2 seeds, some of which I gave away.

Orange Goji is:
Goji OG x Orange Sunshine (Cali O ae77 x SSDD)

F2 seeds are nice, but necessarily limited compared to the originals.

11 Likes

Thank you! That’s what I was looking for lol. I got some of your F2s gifted to me hehe. I can’t wait to see what they produce. Still getting my head around phenos/stability in each Fgen, other than it can take 8 generations to stabilize a strain of tomatoes and peppers lol.

5 Likes

All of the photos in this thread of “Orange Goji #2” are photos of the mother of those F2 seeds, fyi. The male was very similar to the “Orange Goji #1”, except it was male :wink:

I hope you find something you like in them, I’m convinced there are some great phenos to be discovered :grinning:

10 Likes

That reminds me… On the first run of the Orange Goji, I hit one of the smaller branches with a bit of Highlighter pollen.

Apparently, I accidentally stuck some of those buds in my wife’s jar. She sent me these pics last night (photos were taken in the dark). Oops, lol.

I’m really looking forward to popping those at some point :yum:

21 Likes

That should be a interesting cross Howard .

4 Likes

Bet she’s not use to picking seeds out of her smoking stash anymore lol. At least it didn’t go out to a friend, who’d prob be annoyed and tossed them. Do you ever use twisty ties or bread tabs to mark your branches?

3 Likes

Actually, she’s pretty used to it, lol :wink:

I usually find some way to mark them, but I just refilled her smoking jar from the wrong source this time.

7 Likes

Even with smaller buds as a result of chopping all of the tops, she’s getting pretty floppy :woozy_face:

15 Likes

I call that having a “Stoner Moment” :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

I can’t remember why you said that plant got floppy… see “stoner moment” but I did that chiropractic stuff from Kushman’s video on all the outside plants this year and OMG you can barely cut through them when we were harvesting and trimming. It makes the stems so strong. Obviously, it’s a bit late for that now, but takes 30 seconds in Veg and made a big difference. Brings more energy to the top of the plant as well.

4 Likes

I really like that technique. I read about it years ago on another forum, and have used it many times, but didn’t this time (obviously). I’m not sure just how much it would have helped overall this time though, since everything about this grow was a bit weird: from the start, the revegged plants had about a quarter billion super skinny branches, and they never really thickened up to even normal levels, plus I flopped 'em and topped 'em multiple times in a desperate (and ultimately futile) attempt to keep them short, which just made even more floppy-ass branches below the canopy.

It’s funny though, because all of the stems I flopped are acting the same way as the technique you describe, for basically the same reason. They’re the only ones that stiffened up enough from healing to hold their own weight, and they have the biggest tops :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yeah, it’s like scar tissue forming in there. Cutting the branches for me this time feels like Clunk Clunk with the pruners and trimmers, trying to get through them.

You know how I went really pruning crazy with my practice plant? I was thinking it wasn’t as successful yield wise as the Spectral Tangerine (I didn’t crazy prune her), but looking at both plants in the drying rack basically side by side, it looks like I did actually get more yield with less plant, because the ST looked way bigger and both of them have the same amount of bud in the rack.

4 Likes

Well, I know I won’t forget on this next run now, hehe. I’ve read that the plant over-compensates for the damage, allowing even more water and nutrient flow through that area after it recovers. Seems plausible.

5 Likes

I’ve always heard that called supercropping.

5 Likes

That’s the term I originally heard it referred to as, yeah.

6 Likes