Howard's Hunt for Headstash

It doesnā€™t surprise me much that even the spiders are upside down there

6 Likes

Ya! :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Nice roots!

1 Like

Hi @Howard.Crane how are you feeling these days? hope you are starting to see some improvement.
weā€™d all love to hear from you whenever you can check in again.

10 Likes

Not good, to be honest. Iā€™ve seen a slight improvement lately, but I spend most days just trying to make it through the day.

I did manage to keep one plant alive, though. This plant has been through hell, and itā€™s still kicking. Someday soon Iā€™ll tell the story, but itā€™s nearly bed time so Iā€™ll just leave a few pics for now :wink:

Zak Haze

19 Likes

I got ya covered. :+1::seedling:

13 Likes

Good read. Thanks for sharing

6 Likes

19 Likes

Someone here on Overgrow grew out this Bubba Kush S1 x (Casey Jones x Sour Bubble BX1) plant from seeds I gave away, but I canā€™t remember whoā€¦

Iā€™m thinking about running some myself, so if this is your photo, Iā€™d love to pick your brain about your experience with that cross (which was probably written as Bubba x LD420).

[EDITED TO ADD] Found it. He hasnā€™t posted in three years, so I guess Iā€™m not likely to get much feedback, lol.

13 Likes

I think Iā€™ve narrowed down my choices to the following ā€œshort listā€:

Bubba x (Casey Jones x Sour Bubble IX1)
RCB x Orange Goji
(Apollo x Snow Lotus) x Orange Goji
Orange Goji F2
GG#4 RIL

Iā€™m a bit worried that Iā€™m more likely to kill them than to succeed at this point, but damn I miss communing with my plants :wink:

10 Likes

Glad to see you back man, will definitely keep an eye on whatever you decide.

You planning on doing flood and drain with coco again?

3 Likes

I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll do flood and drain this time or not. Based on my exhausting experience today trying to get it all cleaned and set up, Iā€™m thinking itā€™s not likely.

I think I might just do small pots with coco, hand watered, with the simplest nute regimen I can come up with using stuff Iā€™ve already got on hand.

Iā€™ll probably do 12/12 from seed this time too. I donā€™t think I want to be dealing with full sized plants right now. Thatā€™s obviously going to have a significant impact on the results, but I need to accept that I have to work within my limitations.

Iā€™m not exaggerating when I say this might well turn out to be a failure. My health and energy levels are absolute shit, and only getting worse over time. Iā€™m only even making the attempt because I miss growing so much. I miss sitting and communing with my plants in the morning.

11 Likes

Sorry to hear about your health man, that is awful. I hope things improve and you are able to get some time to enjoy a garden again.

Keeping it simple can be really nice. I used a 2 bottle base nutrient start to finish last 2 grows and I donā€™t think Iā€™ll do anything more complicated than that in the future.

Always wanted to do 12/12 from seed. Even if it isnā€™t a big harvest it will be a cool experience.

Best of luck man! Hope it goes well. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll have a at least a few familiar faces (or avatars) here tagging along.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear about your health troubles @Howard.Crane

I have a similar deep desire to grow plants again but time is a big factor for me. I miss showing off my plants and sharing talks with like minded people.

I hope you get your energy back so you can enjoy the company of your plants again.

Iā€™ve heard good things about Octopots @Jetdro if youā€™re not able to water the plants everyday maybe theyā€™re a better option than flood or small pots with coco.

So keep your head up and get better so I can live vicariously through you awesome grow.

10 Likes

I know this is a really old post and a long shot lol but I noticed you said your most recent generation of blue satellite 2.2. If you had some extras still kicking around I would love to trade for a couple.

1 Like

You not growing any more 50 ?

4 Likes

I believe I gifted what was left of my last pack to someone here at Overgrow a few years ago. Kinda regret it to be honest, because I donā€™t think they did anything with the seeds.

Iā€™m gonna be digging through the vault soon, but even if I do end up finding another pack I might reserve them for a preservation run (which Iā€™d probably have to do myself since itā€™s not exactly an in-demand strain).

I did give Sebring few hundred of the BS2.2 x CBDB seeds to distribute, and Iā€™ve only ever seen one person run them, so surely thereā€™s a few people just sitting on them that could be convinced to share.

Good luck to you in finding some BS2.2, there are some seriously good gems in those seeds!

My two all-time favorite plants originated from line breeding those and outcrossing the best.

6 Likes

Screenshot_20230527-001550~2

8 Likes

I will definitely be looking, thanks for the reply. If you do find a pack please tag me. Iā€™d love to follow the repro.
Itā€™s actually blubonic that Iā€™ve been searching for but itā€™s non existent at this point. So I wanted to take a step back and try to find the pieces that make up blubonic lol. I know it would be next to impossible to recreate but hope to come up with something close. :grin:

4 Likes

Its true not growing indoors right now the tents are empty and sad. Life is too busy for cloning and breeding.

I need too start growing again as Iā€™m forced to waste my money on the Legal Producers poor attempts at marijuana and its normally seeded, reeks of sadness and rot, and paying $45 for 3.5g doesnā€™t guarantee quality equal to what Iā€™m accustomed too.

Kim has started growing a couple seeds for our 4 outdoor plants so we got some Orange Sunshine f2, Goji Lights f2, TGA Space Candy x Bodhi Elfsnacks and Good Medicine #7 x Elfsnacks but the plants have to be small to prevent them from being stolen.

I may just run a bunch of 5 inch square pots and seeds flipped to 12/12 after they hit 3 inches. No cuttings no keepers just run seeds which is not my preferred method but will keep me in smoke.

8 Likes