Howard's Hunt for Headstash

No ya don’t, lol. I got stories.

But I thank you for the compliment :smile:

5 Likes

Durban x Jungle Spice testers

Found and culled two more males. Only thought to grab a photo of the bigger one, though.

Roots

I hate how OG handles the viewing of photos now. It’s really not a great experience.

22 Likes

yes yes yes yes…cat in my lap makes typing hard…

3 Likes

Testing out the new USB microscope. I have nothing to compare too, but so far the phone app works. Seems pretty simple to use. Don’t have any weed to look at but checked out some flowers under the microscope. It’s better than my jewelers loupe. Guess that’s all I really care about. I could never see through that thing

7 Likes

I’m gonna have to get me some type of fancy usb scope I can use with my phone, great tool to show people what your looking at when they ask is my plant done. The technology we have access to was straight up james bond movie stuff not that long ago.

4 Likes

I dont know if Howard wants us going off on this in his thread, but Id like to see some pics and have a link to the one you have for comparison.

Hmm, seems like there was a thread a while back on this subject. I will see if I can find it so we dont side track Howard…

Ok here we go:

4 Likes

No worries :smile:

Oh, cool. Wish I’d known about that thread a while back, lol.

5 Likes

The pic of the little bud from a couple days ago is covered with milky trichs. Blow that pic up and you’ll see what I’m talking about. I agree with @Mr.Sparkle… I’d say it’s got less than two weeks left… unless you’re waiting for it to try and amber up a little.

The flowers in the other pics have quite a bit of ripening to do yet, but the trichs are starting to turn totally milky.

Those plants are gorgeous @Howard.Crane!

I hope you get to feeling better sooner than later!

4 Likes

Looks like you’re right. Nice. Refreshing to have one finish in eight weeks instead of the ten to twelve I usually run.

I don’t actually like a lot of amber, though my wife does. I’ll probably double check and maybe grab a few branches for myself and let the rest run another week.

Thinking of smoking that small piece with my morning coffee when I get up in a couple hours, should just barely be dry enough :smile:

7 Likes

That piece is almost dry enough to smoke.

23 Likes

There’s some smaller pieces lower down on the branch that are drier. I’m about to load one up. :wink:

23 Likes

Man yes smoke that bitch! Just checked my orange goji and think I might give is another week. See lots of cloudy but no amber and was hoping for 10-20%. Maybe I should do her in layers. Getting impatient. Maybe your eyes can see better. Just took a pic. What’s your thought Howard?

19 Likes

I’ve got terrible eyesight, and I’m kinda baked, but it looks like a lot of milky trichomes to me :smile:

Looks gorgeous. If that were my plant, I might just go ahead and take a sample while I’m waiting, haha. [Edited to add] - On my main computer it looks pretty close to how I’d consider “done”.

I really like taking it in stages, tbh. I’ve been surprised before by a particular strain showing me that my preconceived notion of “doneness” doesn’t always correlate perfectly with how I enjoy that strain most.

11 Likes

You almost make me want to take up smoking again! :smiley:

My lungs just cant take it though.

3 Likes

My lungs don’t much appreciate inhaling smoke these days, that’s for sure, but I’ve had a lifelong relationship with smoked cannabis. From the day I was brought home from the hospital, the smell of burned cannabis has been nearly ever-present in my life, and carries powerfully nostalgic associations.

It is very difficult for me to imagine giving it up entirely. Other methods of consumption simply don’t have the same richness of experience for me. I might end up coughing myself up a stroke before I give up at least occasional smoking. :wink:

10 Likes

LOL For me it would be bacon and a heart attack!

4 Likes

Holy shit! plants usually grow buds…looks like you’re just growing a stack of crystals…looks great!!!

4 Likes

Orange Goji #2 - Eight weeks from flip

Almost there…

I think I’m gonna take one of the branches above today :smile:

23 Likes

These are my candidates :smile:

My fingers smell good, y’all :wink:

23 Likes

Actually, make that orange peels, pine needles, and stank.

Smelled up the whole living room just passing quickly through with a cola in my hand.

10 Likes