Howard's Hunt for Headstash

Now that everything in the cabinet is done, this is what’s up next. I’ll probably start these in about a week or two.

24 Likes

Those are gonna be dank! Terps should be pretty wild, but I’m really pumped to see how the bud density comes out on those.

11 Likes

Yeah, sounds like it has potential to be pretty strange in the terp department. Hope so, hehe. Looking forward to finding out what there is to find out.

I haven’t tried Jungle Spice yet, and have very limited experience with Durban, but the small amount Durban I have smoked has been quite tasty and the high was right up my alley.

11 Likes

Was going through photos on my old hard drive to put together a timeline and documentation for a personal project, and found this interesting throwback (I think this was 2012?) :wink:

18 Likes

I originally got this pack (or another one just like it) in 2011. I think I made three separate SeedBay orders that year, at least in part to get the BS2.2 freebies, lol. The remaining original seeds have now been passed on to another, but I think I still have many F2 seeds left to hunt through plus crosses I’ve made over the years.

Below is the first BS2.2 plant I ever grew. It’s at day 23 of flower here, according to my notes. This was also my first time dealing with winged root aphids, and I lost the battle. I was unable to eradicate the pests, so combined with my inexperience as a grower (I really had no idea wtf I was doing) the reveg of this plant was unsuccessful.

I think about this plant frequently, because it was utterly unique. Completely unlike everything else I’ve seen from the line since. The scent and high were outstanding.

Losing this plant was the main reason that I started pollinating just about everything I grew after that, come to think of it.

28 Likes

Since I’m apparently in the mood for reminiscing tonight, gonna cross-post this here too.

26 Likes

LOL!! Howard, your idea of a sick plant is what most growers can only dream of achieving. They look great - as usual :smiley:

9 Likes

@Howard.Crane still got any of those fire OG x OG kush f2 beans? Looks beautiful and close enough to the fire OG i been looking for but cant never put my hands in :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::pensive:

4 Likes

Well, I didn’t post any pics of the worst symptoms, but yeah… I’m obviously not alone in wanting them to be perfect at all times, lol :blush:

6 Likes

I’m fairly sure I do. I will have to check later on, when I’m more awake :sunrise:

7 Likes

These two in particular are starting to get pretty bushy. Love that. Hope they’re female, though I’m suspecting they are not because they’re vastly outpacing the others.

29 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s accurate, but I’ve always assumed that biologically, the males grow up taller than the females before pollination, so that the reach of their pollen can easily extend to the top buds of the females. At least for farmed cannabis, it seems like a trait that would probably come out more strongly over time.

11 Likes

House of Love made some crazy OG crosses, and I gave away my last pack years ago.

What ever happened to them, I wonder?

3 Likes

Yeah, and it was pretty good stuff in my experience. I had almost the entire catalog at one point just given to me, one pack of almost everything, just because they were friendly and excited to share, I guess. I really liked those guys. :wink:

Still got some of their seeds in deep freeze, but most of them didn’t make it through shipping intact, unfortunately.

I know I still have one Rotten Banana, one Sugar Cane Train, a few Alien Double Dog, two packs of Midnight Madness, and I think two or three Live Fire seeds.

Also still have seeds of a cross between the Alien Double Dog and Mandala Sadhu that throws some seriously dense and chunky buds, and Live Fire crossed with just about everything else I ran for two years, lol.

Not really sure what happened to them, to be honest. I got tired of the negativity and bullshit on that forum on particular, and online in general, and took a three year hiatus. By the time I’d returned, one of them had disappeared and the other almost never posted anymore. After a while, I deleted my account as well.

Speaking of which, fuck those guys running the ship at that other forum. Skip actually refused to delete my account three separate times, and argued that my reasons weren’t good enough, so I waited a few more months and then told him I had a security issue (not true). My account was closed within hours of that, lol.

9 Likes

My experience generally matches that, and that sounds like a plausible reason.

If I had experience with this strain and was expecting uniformity, I’d probably have culled two of them by now due to them growing twice as fast as the others. But since I don’t… The Marauder, for instance, had one that grew faster than all of the others and still turned out female. But if I were growing Bubba or Sweet Tooth or something I’ve run many times before and that I am familiar with, it would be a safe bet they were either male or not the pheno I’m looking for.

7 Likes

Phone’s about dead. Best shot I could get was with the pre-night droop going on, lol. It’s getting a bit crowded.

27 Likes

There is something about making seeds and growing them out that feels deeply rewarding.

35 Likes

I’m sat here for the last twenty minutes meditating on the fact that I really like chucking pollen. I find that making crosses between interesting plants I’ve grown out adds a richness and depth to my relationship with cannabis that makes it much more fulfilling.

I don’t have any particular interest in “breeding” in any formal sense, and don’t have any specific planning or end goal that guides my efforts, I just feel like any time I don’t pollinate at least a few bud sites of an outstanding plant with pollen that I think would compliment it well is a missed opportunity to explore a new variation of something I’ve enjoyed.

30 Likes

Right on.
The term “pollen chucker” is used too often in a derogatory manner and in a snobbish way.
Our reasons for making seeds are possibly as diverse as our reasons for growing weed.
Sometimes, as you say, it’s simply to see what will happen by mixing 2 particular genetics hoping a really nice plant will come from one of the seeds…
:smile:

12 Likes

Loads of crystals on that bud Howard .save looking back what strain is it?

5 Likes