Howard's Hunt for Headstash

Transplant Day

This was two days ago:

And here they are today:

Probably should have waited a bit longer, but there’s some scheduling pressure with in-laws in town for the holidays, and this was the day that worked best for me.

They look a little roughed up, and I made a heck of a mess doing it, but somehow I think they’re going to be okay :smile:

25 Likes

Naw, timing was fine, they also look excellent. Nice leaf size, look real healthy and ready to go! Those little fabric pots look cool, good fit in the tray it appears. Off to a really good start looks to me!! Going to be pretty plants in just a few weeks time, you have them set up well!!!

12 Likes

This is a little pollen chuck I have going in the small veg cab right now. It’s been pretty badly neglected, but I’m still pretty excited about seeing what comes out of it. Just trying to keep it going until the seeds are done, lol.

It’s Rain City Blues x Highlighter, and I’m hoping for some happy, uplifting, tasty smoke. Gonna be a while before I can test the seeds though, which is a real bummer.

37 Likes

I’ll watch for when you grow the seeds out.
They have lots of nice colors… hope the flavor is nice, too.

7 Likes

Everything’s looking really happy and healthy over there, as always! Some rainbow bud and nice transplants are always a nice sight!

7 Likes

Thank you! Really looking forward to seeing how both projects turn out.

That Orange Goji is starting to pick up speed, hopefully won’t be long until I can get them into flower.

The rainbow plant smells absolutely divine, and blueberry genetics are always a good uplifting happy high for me that really hits the spot so I’m just counting the days until chop at this point :wink:

12 Likes

Those are some pretty buds there bag appeal through the roof ! Almost too pretty to trim with all that purple and frost . Nice job growing those boutique quality looking plants out.

7 Likes

Thank you for the kind words :slight_smile:

I’m quite fond of that line, despite it being more finicky than I’d like sometimes. I’ve had some really beautiful and very tasty plants from the parents, with nice colors and sweet fruity flavors being extremely common. The BS2.2 F3 mother was solid dark purple by the end of flower, and the CBDB father was one of those perfect males that just looking at him you think “Gonna need to see what that pollen do”.

The maternal line is not the most potent stuff in the vault by any means, probably a bit above average, but it’s the high that keeps me coming back. It’s just so freaking happy, and makes the world we live in much more tolerable when shit is getting me down. Works decently well for chronic pain too, without necessarily making me take a midday nap, hehe.

I figure hitting that up with the Apollo 11 x (F13 x Apollo 11) pollen can’t be a bad thing, right? Looking forward to finding out, in any case :wink:

15 Likes

Anything with Apollo 11 can’t be bad

I ran something called lost in space it was a cross by sinister seeds
The name was dead on
Great weed
Good luck

11 Likes

Gotta smoke a joint at sunset tonight, apparently.
I don’t make the rules :wink:

16 Likes

Had to pull the plants out to clean the tray and get ready to fire up the flood and drain, so I grabbed a quick photo while I was at it.

25 Likes

Got everything cleaned up, filled the rez, hooked up the pump and timer, and everything is ready to go.

The timer is currently set for one fifteen minute flood three times per week, just to make sure they’re ready. I expect that after a week has past they’ll be ready for a daily cycle, and then we’re off to the races :smile:

Got family staying with us for the holidays, so updates and pics might be few and far between for the next couple of weeks.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

15 Likes

Those look exactly how I pictured them looking when I offered them to you!!! Your gonna nail this run.
Hope your keeping 50state in the loop on these!

Look how uniform that freak cross is!!! Maybe different in person, but from here they look close enough to be clones.
My 3 ladies I ran were pretty much the same way too.

Leaf size looks good on those Howard, they are very happy, great work so far man!!!

Merry Christmas!

8 Likes

They sure aren’t waiting to fill the new space with roots, lol.

21 Likes

Snipped a couple of “mostly seedless” buds for myself this morning. I don’t like a lot of amber trichomes, but my wife does so I often set a few aside early just for myself and leave the rest to finish longer.

Pretty strong grapefruit and berry scent from this, which is really surprising to me. I knew that grapefruit terps could be found in the genes, but since it’s got more blueberry genetics than anything else I didn’t expect it to ever express them.

Lucky for me, because this stuff smells freaking great. I love it so far, really looking forward to seeing how it cures. Definitely going to be testing those seeds at the earliest opportunity, too :wink:

42 Likes

Nice update…
short 'n sweet :smile:
Happy Plants!

5 Likes

Really nice looking nug… Lots of shiny greens and purples!

5 Likes

Been 7 days since you showed the OG/OHGA…they must look great by now!

6 Likes

They look a little goofy at the moment, actually. :smile:

They got huge, and it was time to top them all, so I did that. But then, because all the fan leaves are the size of freaking dinner plates, I removed a bunch of those too so the branches will not be completely shaded out.

That was yesterday, and they are definitely growing it all back in a hurry. In just a few days they’ll just be bushes, lol.

I’ll try to get away and take some pics tonight.

10 Likes

I told you how they roll, lmao!!! Dinner plates for sure, to support those huge Buds she will also throw!!!

6 Likes