Howard's Hunt for Headstash

That’s over a 1/4oz. About a two hour smoke in intervals, plan on wrapping a dozen or so and trying a 2 month cob cure, I’ll use drying unit instead of burying as they would have done. Thinking banana leaf as the wrap for curing and leaf wrap after.

3 Likes

I still have my last one curing since January. I have been saving it for when I rebuild my workshop.

8 Likes

I will hopefully have a windfall of chocolate Thai coming and plan on making a jar full for special occasions. And found that 2 months cure was where the green banana Taste faded away. …:sunglasses::metal:

6 Likes

Hey Howard, Lots of great things to catch up on here, It took me a bit before I had the chance to make it through! I will be following along now for sure! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I spent some time today shucking seeds from the @lefthandseeds Durban Poison x Jungle Spice plants…

I don’t have any harvest pictures of these plants because I got pretty massively sick a few weeks before harvest, and really struggled during that time. Unfortunately, the plants suffered for it and ended up looking pretty ragged by the end, which combined with my abysmally low energy levels pretty much robbed me of the motivation to take a bunch of pics. :frowning_face:

Even so they were quite frosty, and now that they’ve had some time to go through a very slow dry and a bit of cure, they smell quite lovely. I was excited to test it out now that it had matured more, and compare the experience to my previous test of an early-chopped bud.

Unfortunately for me I have a pretty low tolerance at the best of times, and haven’t been smoking much for the last few weeks, so I ended up accidentally overdoing it. By a lot. And it’s not that I smoked a lot of it, it’s just that it turned out that the amount I did smoke was stronger than expected and well more than sufficient to do the job :wink:

I spent the first fifteen minutes after the bong hit shucking seeds and not really thinking about it all that much. Then I got up to get some water, and realized that my heart rate was fairly high (it was 140bpm when I checked a few minutes later but fell to around 120 after around ten minutes or so) and that was making me feel a bit anxious.

I spent the following half an hour having what I would describe as a “medium anxiety attack”. It was pretty strong, but I’ve certainly had a lot worse. It was the kind where you are quite confident that you’re physically okay, but you still don’t really have any choice about whether your body is going to act as if you’re facing an imminent threat and dump a bunch of adrenaline on you, no matter what your brain says.

It was a ride.

After that I started working on writing some code for a personal project, which usually works to redirect all of that energy and focus my mind on something external, and I found that I was able to reason about complex issues and visualize abstractions fairly well, and ended up having quite a productive coding session that really seemed to flow nicely. I’m actually fairly pleased at the end result :smile:

All in all it was very interesting, and pretty enjoyable other than the anxiety. I think that if I’m more cautious and build up my tolerance more, I could easily see this being a great smoke for game jams and marathon coding sessions, brainstorming sessions, and spirited conversations with friends.

I’m still waiting on smoke reports from a few other people, but early indications are that it’s happy and motivating, and great for smoking while doing something physical or highly interactive, and maybe not the best fit for late-night Netflix binges or sleep. Which is to be expected, given these genetics.

I can see people who like an energizing strain and don’t have problems with anxiety absolutely loving this.

19 Likes

The first time I grew indoors was a Durban Poison hybrid and that stuff would definitely get the heart pumping. I remember smoking some with a friend at a party and he had a mental health moment disappeared for about an hour and I ended up finding him hiding in the bathtub having a mental crisis. I couldn’t help but laugh at him but I felt bad that he was having such a shitty time needless to say he never wanted to smoke that stuff again. I still hold the Durban Poison as some of the best cannabis I have ever grown or smoked there’s something special about the resin content it produced. I’ve been eyeballing skunkva’s Durban Thai High-flyer X chemdog that Lucky Dog just released but $100 for 12 seeds is hard to justify when I already have too many dankass seeds to run.

8 Likes

Try @Lefthands Triple Durban, halfway through flower on the first test drive of 3 seeds and this was first Female out of the box with around 30 to go I’m

guessing. Bud structure is Sativa starting to stack 14” up mains and bulking up daily, symmetrical structure and the buds twist like soft serve ice cream, soooo vying to taste a “Good” version of non dispensary Poison. …easy plant to grow I literally forgot I had it running last month.

18 Likes

I might be a glutton for punishment, but I like a good energetic sativa. I just gotta be careful about my dosage, and be willing to suffer the occasional mental crisis :wink:

I think it’s interesting that some of my worst weed-induced anxiety attack rocket rides have led to a sort of spiritual crisis that result in me coming out of it with a renewed sense of purpose and a determination to change some aspect of my life that I now realize I’m unhappy with.

I guess sometimes such an overwhelming experience ends up being cathartic and inspirational.

13 Likes

Damn, looks good @Instg8ter!

I still have some other Durban and crosses that @lefthandseeds sent me, and I think that one might be on the list. I’ll have to check when I’m more awake. Still have a few seeds left of the Jungle Spice cross also, which I intend to run at the earliest opportunity :smile:

11 Likes

How are you liking that garden of Eden?

3 Likes

I hear ya, just finished a run w/ SK1 , AK and Brutal paw to fill my indica heavy stash, now I need to find a good balance .Durban is last of my top three list for me to grow…:metal::sunglasses:

4 Likes

First run with it, so far so good, like that it’s a one part both veg and flower and only feed once a week with water in between and live soil/coco mix. Still have 300.00 worth of AN shit on the shelves. Goal is KISS in all aspects anymore.

2 Likes

I’m using there Texas veg in veg now with great results

@Howard.Crane I passed off some of your gorilla slippers to @YoBigdaddy yesterday he was pretty excited about them

5 Likes

Right on, brother! I hope he finds something good in them :smile:

3 Likes

Also like that I can use it in mini DWC also for speeding up veg times. And they don’t shock stall when I drop a foot of roots into a 3 gallon pot for flower.

5 Likes

@Howard.Crane, you take care of yourself, Man. All the best…stay safe/be well.

3 Likes

Oh man that looks right up my alley. I love a good energetic sativa and a cup of good coffee in the morning no better way to start the day. Anyone have any triple Durban they would want to trade for I got some Goji f3s and a bunch of other stuff.

5 Likes

What else you interested in for some of those Goji/f3’s?? Be safe/be well.

3 Likes

I may have some F2 coming for you to sort through, dusted the lowers with the male before he locked up…tag me in a month…:sunglasses::metal:

3 Likes

The Jungle spice did that to me Howard!

Tried to stand up, felt dizzy, sat down, got back up walked a few steps and dropped to a knee. Stuff floored me, good times, Definitely teaches you.

Awesome work as always Howard.

9 Likes