Howard's run of Marauder by Baked Beanz

ok boys and girls just to get ya’ll excited and worked up

presenting Marauder in all her glory :fire:

and from Sunvalley who doesn’t know how to grow small…
hanging bud

a bud in hand is worth …

41 Likes

Well, that did indeed do the trick! :smile:

I’ve been experiencing almost no stretch with these (or my Glue S1), which is absolutely counter to what I expected, and I think it may have to do with temps as mentioned previously in the thread.

It’s not possible for me to effectively heat the room that the tent is in, but it may be possible for me to add a heat source within the tent to help mitigate some of the low temps during the lights off period.

To that end, I’m planning on making some changes. I’ll go into more detail after I’ve had a chance to evaluate whether it makes me look stupid or not :wink:

16 Likes

don’t seem to remember a whole lot of stretch but the plants weren’t what I would describe as short

6 Likes

Any purple phenotypes @SamwellBB @Howard.Crane?

Not sure if a GDP male will transfer that trait.

4 Likes

I have not seen any but wouldn’t be surprised by seeing one
I had a GDP purple pheno so that is in her genetics

7 Likes

The original cut of GDP is Urkle x Big Bud, IIRC, which already dilutes the purple pool and the purple trait is from the mother.

Crossing with GG4 mother could further reduce the frequency of that trait.

Do you have a rough estimate of the frequency you’ve seen purple phenos in Marauder?

5 Likes

They dont stretch all that much but will need support in flower … those buds get big

16 Likes

there you go - word from the maestro
he’s grown it out - I haven’t

11 Likes

Too early for me to tell, but the shorter plant has some pretty colorful petioles (check out the ones in the last pic I posted), whereas the taller and faster-growing one does not. If I do get any purple that’s not entirely temp-related, I bet it will come from that one.

9 Likes

Yeah, I knew GDP growers who used to cut on AC towards the end of flower to amplify the color effect.

6 Likes

Oh HELL yes, Bro! Wowie!

4 Likes

Beautiful work my friend

2 Likes

Phone is at 5% charge, so I’ll have to take more photos later, but I got a couple.

35 Likes

Very pretty plants. They’re starting to get their frost on nicely.

2 Likes

Thank you! Yeah, it’s finally starting to get to the best part, lol. I’m really looking forward to that first taste of these that’s in my not too distant future :smile:

6 Likes

Those leaf tips have been bugging me for a few days now. There’s some minor tip burn on lower leaves and bright yellow tips on younger leaves, so I flushed the pots with a fresh batch of nutrients and then did a 50% rez change, resulting in a final EC of 1.4 in the rez.

My thinking was that fabric pots that are exclusively bottom-fed in a recirculating system might have accumulated a fair bit of excess build up in the upper layers, which wouldn’t necessarily be fully reflected in the rez EC climbing much.

I won’t know if that assumption is correct for a few days, but the run off was over 2.0 EC, which seems about what I would expect. I never had this problem in my prior F&D runs, but it’s also been colder than usual and these plants don’t seem as thirsty as the ones I was running before, plus I was only running at 1.4 EC previously.

Otherwise, the plants seem happy and healthy, and are starting to pick up speed in the bud and frost production departments :smile:

14 Likes

You didn’t wash those before reusing?
You need to wash them after use.

2 Likes

They’re brand new, so I rinsed them well before use, but I don’t think that’s part of the issue.

My working assumption was that the fabric pots evaporate from the top and sides, and are only bottom watered, so unlike drip systems or DTW, they might have some salt accumulation in the top half, which only ever wicks up solution from the bottom. I know “build up” isn’t the right term, but I’m having a brain fart right now :wink:

9 Likes

Transpiration is probably down, because of the cold, so they’re just not pulling the same amount of juice through the system.

7 Likes

That seems to be a likely confounding factor.

3 Likes