Howard's run of Marauder by Baked Beanz

If you go on website it says for Canada to send email.

Edit: too late

2 Likes

Larry are you associated with jacks ? Iā€™d emailed jacks and they gave a link to eddies wholesale in Ontario , from that page I was able to locate local hydro shops that supposedly sell the product .

Iā€™d contacted several that donā€™t stock it waiting to hear back on cost and availability through them , as of now still no word as to who can supply it been almost a week now.

3 Likes

As long as their tootsies stay warm your good to good. Donā€™t make too much diff on ambient temperature as long as itā€™s 50 or above but once that soil gets a chill on it production slows down.

You can put a heat mat underneath ceramic tile works excellent, actually preferred method.

You could put a little ceramic heater in there.

Change you light time to night time and utilize heat off of the lights.

You could pick up a growing heat mat, they come in all sizes.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s incredible! I use fabric pots all the time and have never seen them bursting out like that. Is this a result of watering them via flood and drain?

I imagine you donā€™t do much transplanting to larger pots from here, else youā€™d rip them to shreds in the process.

Iā€™ve been looking for trays exactly like you have there, a 4x4 and 3x3, Iā€™m always surprised by how expensive they are. I need to find someone selling them local as shipping is the killer.

Absolutely beautiful looking healthy plants! Staring at green like that surely calms me down.

8 Likes

One can transplant from fabric pots without removing the fabric. Just set it into a large container, or the ground, and the roots will find their way. Itā€™s not really the best solution, IME, though.

Local is the way to go, depending on your area, as you can find some amazing deals on used gear. Disinfect the fuck out of it before the next grow.

Another options is to build your own tables. Iā€™ve made sturdy ones out of wood, though any strong material could work, with a top layer of pond liner and a bulkhead fitting (or two) for drainage below.

5 Likes

Partly. Iā€™ve had it happen when hand watering too, but only when Iā€™m watering too much. In this case, thereā€™s just enough water in the Perched Water Table at all times combined with ambient humidity that the roots donā€™t air-prune until theyā€™ve gone through the fabric. When I was doing organic soil in fabric pots, theyā€™d air-prune before they poked out, because the outer inch or so of soil was always fairly dry, so youā€™d never see them. And of course the roots that go through the bottom donā€™t air-prune at all, lol.

I tend to flood more often than strictly necessary in order to get the benefits from the gas exchange. As soon as the plants can handle another flood cycle per day without ill effects, they get it. As long as theyā€™re getting good gas exchange, they donā€™t need the coco to dry out.

Thatā€™s true. I have done it, but I donā€™t recommend it. I often will start plants in smaller plastic containers then transplant into fabric pots when theyā€™re ready, but this time I started the seeds directly in the 2-gallon fabric pots. Doing so required careful hand-watering until they could handle being flooded, but then they were off to the races!

Yes! Iā€™m embarrassed by how much I paid in shipping for that stupid thing. Iā€™ve tried other solutions, but this Botanicare tray is easily better than everything else I tried, so I donā€™t regret it. I just hope my wife never asks how much it cost to ship, lol :wink:

Thank you! Yeah, me too. I call it ā€œcommuning with my plantsā€, and I derive a joy from it that is very similar to what I used to experience when I had aquariums :smile:

10 Likes

No, Im not associated with Jacks - just a new user of the product. I got my Jacks ā€˜kitā€™ from Etsy - see the link Howard posted above.

That seems odd to me that Jacks isnt more easily available in Canada. Have you tried Ebay or Etsy? Maybe one of those shops you called can special order?

6 Likes

Says free shipping and duty free for Canada hope this helps

7 Likes

Heā€™s looking for the 5-12-26, though.

Thatā€™s nuts, I just spent twenty minutes looking online, and canā€™t find a good answer. Why in the hell is there such a problem getting this stuff in Canada? Doesnā€™t make sense to me for all these companies to just leave money on the table like that. So many missed opportunities :frowning:

7 Likes

They ship to Canada though I donā€™t know how much they charge for shipping

8 Likes

Not much to report, yet. Theyā€™re still alive, and still spreading out and up. The fun part should be starting up soon, though :smile:

The plants are doing that ā€œdroop just before lights outā€ thing. Iā€™ve always found it interesting that some strains do that with such precision and consistency.

34 Likes

Yow! theyā€™re getting some personality. They look great. 11 finger leaves already, too.

4 Likes

looking really nice there bro !

4 Likes

Sexy young ladies, careful the wife might get jealous

Is what I ment to writeā€¦lol

2 Likes

Well, they are very easy on the eyes, and I do spend a lot of time with themā€¦ :wink:

She might get so jealous that she tries to light them all on fire.

10 Likes

Iā€™ve got one of those cheap phones that doesnā€™t take macro shots, so I bought one of those cheap clip-on macro lenses.

Itā€™s very fiddly, and obviously not as good as a real camera, but I think Iā€™m going to enjoy it once these ladies start getting into late flower :wink:

31 Likes

Those are some nice looking healthy plants you have there !

2 Likes

Thank you! These plants have a whole lot of vigor. Iā€™m just making sure they get the basics, and trying not to interfere too much like I usually do, lol. Iā€™m glad I kept some clones, cause Iā€™m definitely going to want another shot at these.

12 Likes

Tried the waterbed heater technique because it was half the price of the grow room heater I wanted. My Dutch is better than my deuche but reading of both is poor. Used to read the Dutch metro on way to work but could only semi understand the stories of xtc pillen seized and softee drugs.
So when water bed heater instructions game in German did not see achtung!! Do not put straight on carpet anywhere and have to buy new carpet sheise klausacht aashloch !! *#$ā‚¬Ā„!!!

9 Likes

Iā€™m very curious about this, for the exact same reasons.

4 Likes