Hunting through the Beans

If you can be entirely certain you didn’t have a MWCB/Primate (or Aloha? didn’t know those two were the same) cross in the first place, yep. There was only the one plant that hermed and self-pollinated, right?

It might to some degree, but there’s still the chance of an errant trait showing up. Forewarned is forearmed though.

Yup just the one . The plant grew same / similar to I believe it was @ShiskaberrySavior plant

But even with a outcross of primate og they can be bred back to mwcbp obviously would take some generations but its possible

1 Like

Ok, was about to say comparing it to some of the grows in the thread might help. If the MWCB and the cross were distinct enough, and you can be pretty certain what it was, then we can be at least pretty certain we’re dealing with the pure MWCB genetics. Either way, even if we can only be about 90% certain it’s pure, it’s worth hoping for a male… because yeah, as you say, backcrossing is always an option. :slight_smile: Better some preservation than none at all.

2 Likes

I think its worth a shot. Worst case is it’s a bust and we end up with some good head stash right. Along with some fun and learning experiences

1 Like

Pretty much, worst case they’re feminized seeds of an awesome strain. :stuck_out_tongue: Hard to lose too bad on that one, especially if there’s a decent chance they’ll herm and give us more fem seeds.

If you look at my grow diary thread for the strain I believe shakaberry posted a pic of his on there

I do believe it can be done rather easily, and I’m not one to shy away from a challenge, as you know. lol
I said it befo n I say it again, I ain’t afraid o no ghost…er, I mean hermie :rofl:

It’s only 104 post so not a big thread to dig through

Oh, must’ve missed it, I’ll take a look through it again after dinner. Getting a little late already, gonna go grab something now before it’s time for bed.

As long as I know beforehand, me either. If I’m startled by one, I might get a little twitchy. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Look at post 55 of my plant and post 61 of shiskaberrys

2 Likes

Ok, looks like you knew about the issue and were keeping an eye on it from the start, so we can be fairly certain it’s pure. :slight_smile: Good stuff. Just takes a real male, and it’s off to the races… funny to have it be the goal to get a male, and be disappointed in a full crop of females.

1 Like

It’s interesting. But the problems with only keeping fem lines .

1 Like

Got mine yesterday!! Thank you again Donnie!!

Received mw x c99, thanks Donnie !!

1 Like

Safe and sound! Thanks brother

1 Like

How did it go with this ? It seems I might get some seeds from this they told me it was a disaster but I’m up for a challenge

How did this go ? What’s the run down

Any idea how it went ?