Hurricane recovery/ flood/ no power

Ok so south Florida is fucked… Power out since Saturday now Tuesday… gas procurement becoming a chore, along with generator babysitting. Grows need 24/7 power for odor control… And air circulation… But with Florida temps and humidity I expect to see mold problems in the weeks to come… Many have lost their grows completely… including moms and kids:( my team just lost our African dream, white cherry truffle and super old school island sweet skunk to flooding near jaxonville…5ft of water… Fucked… Everything gone completely… One camp down south had to put the kids and moms outdoors under natural light because the generator took a crap…# bugproblems
So if the moderators have a better spot thain “sick plants and problems” feel free to move it. But this is definitely a problem and sick plant management and disaster recovery is in my future… I will keep this post updated until recovery is achieved.

4 Likes

What 3phase??

2 Likes

Very sorry to hear and hope you get power back sooner rather than later.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear guys…wish to all of you there all the best !!!
Ds

2 Likes

So sorry to hear that. Good luck and stay safe.

1 Like

Last hurricane about a year ago, or maybe less; it destroyed an entire community here, a mountain washed down the hills burying the town. People from all over CR came down to the scene to help dig people out of there. Food was stolen by the people gathering it, and water never came to the people from the Emergency National Commission until three days after it happened, people had no home, no food, nothing… And had lost family in thr process.

I expect things to go better for you guys, but what can you do against nature, what?

My prayers are with you and for you…

2 Likes

that really sucks KH best of luck with getting back to normal. this is my worst fear as well, up here we have winter noreasters that can knock out power for days and I have no generator, if it happens it will be a total loss on my indoor garden, it’s only a matter of time before it happens.

2 Likes

I feel your pain. I had the same issues here in north florida what was left of my already heavily damaged grow is now completely destroyed due to the hurricane. :cry: Perhaps this will make @MIG happy…

1 Like

Sorry to hear that… I wish you and others affected recovery soon!

1 Like

Man that really sucks.

1 Like

Condolences to all of my fellow Floridians!

My plants are all in SoFla.
I have been away from my residence and gardens for much of this summer.
I am going back this weekend.
My indoor plants are probably croaked, as the power went out for a few days…no ventilation or A/C or lights.
My only hope is that I have some outdoor plants in containers that may have survived.
My wife put them in our Florida room (before she came to join me out of state) which provides some shelter but only receives a couple of hours of direct sunlight daily.
Oh well, I will see when I return.
Hurricanes have not been any trouble for me since 2005.
Irma was long overdue.

5 Likes

My best wishes. I was waitin news bout ya cos I was thinkin’ “Isent @Calyxander from Florida?”…

2 Likes

Best wishes for everybody dealing with that mess. Watch out for all the snakes and thieves when you go back. Hopefully you got lucky.

2 Likes

Thank you @MiG and @ryasco for your kind words

I am resigned to losing my plants. So any that survived will be a nice bonus.
Oh well.

In a month or so I will be starting my winter crops (in/out). I will be searching for some new mother plants, so I will be starting more seeds than usual.

It could have been so much worse.

3 Likes

Last year when Hermine hit I went 5 days w/o power…plants were a bit unhappy but all survived and no PM issues. I was really concerned I would loose my ass when Irma came through but got lucky at the last minute. I really cant imagine trying to stay low -pro in south fla. good luck and green mojo…been in Florida since 69…never seen one like this. :peace:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear. I dodged the bullet here. In FL as well. Seems like there are a lot of members in FL on OG. Good luck with everything. I’ve been through hurricanes in the past. NO FUN!

2 Likes

Hi Im very sorry to hear about your grow. I know it may seem like a trifle but if theres anything in my power I can do to help ping me back.

Best wishes.