Hush's hidey hole

That’s a viparspectra v600.

2 Likes

Day 32 in the 2x2. Here’s a shot of each of the plants while outside of the tent.

KxNL F2 #1:

KxNL F2 #2:

KxNL F2 #3:

KxNL F2 #4:

7 Likes

Over in the 3x3:

9 Likes

Quick shot of the girls in the 2x2:

8 Likes

Tuck tuck tuck.

9 Likes

Still tucking. At this point it’s clear that the [what appear to be] hash plant phenos are going to overtake the screen. So I’m going to have to flip to flowering. Looks like the bubba phenos are just barely going to spread out enough to have a few individual colas, but they’re not stretching very much so they’re going to be localized on the screen in the end. It’s no big deal, really. I’m just saying it’s clear that the hash plant phenos are better built for scrog, and individually they are probably better yielders, so those are those ones that I’ll be paying more attention to.

11 Likes

After a little tucking I’ve decided that the 3x3 will be going into flowering mode tonight. That means today is day 0.

12 Likes

Something tells me those will be producing some fat buds. Gonna be fun to watch. Best vibes. Go flower go!

3 Likes

Defoliated and cleared everything below the screen.

10 Likes

I left the tent open on the 2x2 while I went outside for a cigarette, and when I came back in it smelled like a fricken pine forest in my apartment! So at least one of the KxNL F2s reeks strongly of pine, and that’s quite okay by me! I’m going to pull the plants out later and see if I can isolate the aroma.

It’s kind of Christmassy. :thumbsup:

4 Likes

It’s been a month and a half now since I began puffing on the Honduras Breeze, and I figure it’s time for a little update…

The aromas have gotten more refined, and loud, since curing began. I’m detecting a certain, subtle sweetness beneath it all, somewhere in the realm of citrus as well, but interestingly enough one of the more prominent aromas is one of fresh dill. It’s interesting because it’s unique to me, but also because there’s a strange psychological effect going on with that aroma, where it makes me want to eat pickles when I break up a bud. It’s funny to me.

The effects of this variety have gotten stronger with time. When I first started puffing on it, it was very mild. I’ll go ahead and say it: it was weak. Now, granted, I’m a stay-high and my tolerance is way up there, but as a basis of comparison, Golden Tiger was kicking my ass right from the very first puff, so even people with high tolerance can still get plenty baked. But Honduras Breeze definitely did not enter that category for me. That said, it’s always been a pleasant, relaxing high that calms my nerves, but I had to vape like 4 times as much as I did of Golden Tiger in order to feel like I was reasonably medicated. It had fantastic, somewhat-transparent effects that simply required a large dose to experience.

Well, that has been slowly changing, and last night was when it really sunk in that the effects are at a different level now. I packed a bit less than usual, and when the effects came on I realized that it wasn’t so transparent anymore. I really couldn’t forget or deny that I was medicated. The relaxing effects are slightly heavier now, really adding some weight to the body high, and the mental effects were starting to go beyond “calm” and into “daydreamy.”

So that’s awesome to me. I just wanted to share with others that it might just mean that this one needs some time to cure. I mean, I cut it down at somewhere close to 13 weeks flowering, but there were still some new pistils popping up even then, so maybe a longer flowering time would help with that too.

In summary, this stuff is fantastic, in spite of being a bit weaker than I prefer, and it only gets better in the jar. I still highly recommend it. I do wonder how this variety compares to the pure Honduran… I suspect the calming and daydreamy part of it comes from the NepJam.

10 Likes

That was a fantastic way to explain it, and echoes my experiences with some of my favorite sativa-dom varieties. Sounds lovely!

6 Likes

Well this is a kind of exciting turn of events… the plant that started off with the leaf mutation, the one I call KxNL F2 #1, is pretty much finished already! I mean, to be honest, I noticed on day 44 that it was ripe enough to pick if I wanted to (yes, go ahead and make a few Top 44 jokes, I couldn’t help but make the connection myself). But it’s true, and I’m not exaggerating or applying wishful thinking. All of the trichomes were cloudy with about 5% amber, when I looked at them on day 44. So the deal is, with no trickery or anything like that, that plant #1 is a 6-7 week finisher! That’s easily the quickest flowering plant I’ve ever encountered. And I used to grow Top 44 back in the late 90s! :smile:

I’ll try to take pics of the trichs soon if I get time. It requires pulling out the tripod, and I have my daughter this week, so no promises. But it does look like I’ll be chopping that one down this week, so it will be nice to have some indica-dom back in my medicine cabinet again!

6 Likes

I chopped KxNL F2 #1 today (I think this is day 52 or something but I didn’t check the calendar). Smells like fruity candy, for some strange reason! The top bud was slightly overripe and the bottom buds aren’t done. The side branches were always very wispy anyway and I knew wouldn’t amount to much. So I don’t care about them not being done. What I’m interested in is how the top bud alone was finished in less than 7 weeks, so if the top bud weighs anything, I’m going to do the math to see if it would be worth doing a SOG with this one. Anyway, I have no pics. I’ll update when it’s dried.

6 Likes

Bubba Hash, day 10:

I don’t think I’ll be tucking anymore. The canopy is mostly level, and the bubba phenos aren’t really stretching, so I need to allow them to grow upward. The hash plant phenos might have also slowed down significantly, too. I think that one does most of its stretching during vegetative growth. But I think I have enough vertical clearance to not worry about it.

This garden, by the way, is the source of the pine smell I’ve been smelling in my house, after maintenance. I was thinking that smell was coming from the other garden, since it was in late flowering. But nope, this garden has been smelling like pine even since it was in vegetative mode.

12 Likes

Just a side note to get it off my chest:

Instagram sucks. I really tried to setup a presence there for myself, but they have flagged literally 100% of my posts ever since the beginning. I have always had to click the button to request a review for all of them, and they always put them back up. It pisses me off. Well, after trying to make a post today, clicking the submit review button, and NOT getting a response back, I’ve decided to just delete my IG. Fuck them. I still don’t understand why I was fucked with like that, but I no longer care. The only thing that comes to mind is that they are using location information to determine who gets to post cannabis related stuff, and because I’m in the uncool part of Colorado, the eastern plains, their algorithm doesn’t give me the go ahead like people in Denver (for example) get. So that’s fine, and I just don’t have the motivation to play that shitty game, so fuck them.

Sorry to anyone who chose to follow me there. I tried. :confused:

9 Likes

Wow, I’ve never had my posts flagged, they just ban me without warning or explanation. To this day I have no idea why. I live in Washington and was only posting shit like root shots and single plants, so I don’t think location was the case for me. One account hadn’t even had any posts yet, just insta banned, lol. After the third time I got the hint that they don’t want me there, so good riddance.

6 Likes

Exactly. Fuck em. It’s one less thing for me to do, so I’m okay with it, but it’s just stupid.

4 Likes

KxNL F2 #1 is mostly dry now. I’ll manicure and take photos tomorrow before jarring.

Also, #4 was chopped today. That was the one that was naturally bushy, and all of the branches shot up to the same height as the main top. It has a very mild, sweet, slightly-fruity smell, but nothing Kush about it at all, so it must be NL leaning. I’ve never grown pure NL before, so I really don’t know. But it doesn’t seem to have any characteristics of the original F1s, that’s for sure. All I know is it smells nice and has a good structure, so I’m looking forward to the smoke.

I’ll probably chop #3 in the next day or two, but #2 is really lagging behind. It looks like it needs another 3 weeks or more! So I’ll probably end up chopping it early, because I have more seeds to grow and I need the space. Plus, this was all about making seeds, and I can see seeds bulging out already so they must be done by now.

4 Likes

Day 14 in the 3x3. Everything’s healthy and the canopy is pretty dang level, so I’m happy.

8 Likes