Hush's hidey hole

KxNL F2 #1 was dry enough to vape tonight. So I took a lower nug off the main top, broke it up while collecting the seeds within, and packed it up.

Yessss. This is what I’ve been missing. I love pure sativas, but I need some indica in my life. This is what my body needs. It’s surprisingly very heady. Wow. This is the first and only that I’ve vaped today, so it’s pretty strong. That’s a good sign. I’ll do a real smoke report soon, this is just me leaving notes for myself. :grin:

3 Likes

Heya hush, in your single plant scrogs in the 2x2 tent, which node do you top at?

I’m going to run a sativaish plant in a 2x2 and planning to top above node 5 and keep the highest 4 branches (branches from node 4 and 5) and use those 4 branches to fill the screen. I’ll eventually trim off branches 1 and 2 and 3.

Sounds about right or no?

1 Like

That sounds like a good plan. I don’t top, though. I mean, I’m not opposed to the idea, but my method has always been to simply let the top remain and keep tucking it under the screen while it spreads the growth tips from what would have otherwise been the top cola. So yeah, topping will help you fill the screen faster, presumably, and that can be a good thing, so I say go for it.

1 Like

Okay here’s my preliminary vape report for KxNL F2 #1.

Just took a small nug, broke it up, and dozens of seeds spilled out. Packed it in the vaporizer and filled the balloon. It’s a thick cloud in there, much thicker than I’ve gotten used to with the sativas. I am fucking stoned before I finish the one bag, so I stop, even though I usually do a second one after that with the sativas. No need here.

It tastes kushy though. A little. On the back end. I still taste it a little, 5 minutes later. I’m really surprised how stoned I am. It’s heavily in the body, but my head is way up there too. The top bud on this one was only a quarter ounce, so it’s not worth growing her out again, really. But she gave me hundreds of seeds! The fact that this is so strong while I was also interested in her fast finishing is making me want to keep her around for breeding.

I’m impressed.

7 Likes

I got a photo of #1 while transferring to a different jar tonight:

I chopped #3 earlier today, and I’ll probably be chopping #2 down tomorrow. That one is really immature, but I need the space. The seeds look done and that’s what matters. #4 is not fully dried yet.

10 Likes

I chopped #2 today. That’s all of them. So the 2x2 needs to be reset and started over. I think I’ve decided that next up will be NepJam.

4 Likes

Heya Hush, what kind of wire/thread is that you use on your screens? I see the outside is pvc, but I can’t quite tell what the actual screen is made of.

PS the KxNL sounds and looks great bro! Interested to see what happens with those seeds :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! The screens are just jute twine woven through eye bolts screwed into the PVC frame. Pretty basic. But it works! Honestly I kind of miss using something a bit more rigid, like chicken wire, but I was being resourceful.

2 Likes

I just placed an order for a second Megagarden. That’s the name of the complete ebb & flow system that I use in the 2x2. I wanted to announce that because honestly it has dawned on me recently that this device is absolutely, unarguably the most used device in my gardening hobby. I bought the first one back in 2012 when I learned about it, and I’ve been using it almost nonstop ever since then. I’ve replaced the pump a couple of times since then, and I no longer use the square pots filled with hydroton that came with the kit as I prefer rockwool cubes, but this thing is a workhorse, and it has paid for itself many, many times over.

Since I’m currently trying to re-jigger my veg tent, and it’s currently, slowly filling up with plants, I need to take it to the next level, and I knew instantly that that meant getting another Megagarden. I’m a huge fan. I wish I could get some kickbacks from Hydrofarm for promoting the product, but I’m not in any affiliate programs or anything like that. I’m just a guy who promotes things that work. And this thing delivers.

12 Likes

That looks like a great setup. I’m going to have a look. I use those pots already, and am very happy with them.

1 Like

Great looking system! Is that what you use to grow single plants scrogged in the 2x2? If so, do you just fill the whole thing with hydroton or?

1 Like

Yes it’s what I use in my 2x2, exclusively. But no I don’t fill with hydroton because the access hole to get to the reservoir would be covered at that point. I have thought about how that could be done, in theory, but it would require fashioning a dam of sorts around the access port, like maybe a piece of flexible plastic, formed into a cylinder, and siliconed in place.

But no, I just use 4-inch rockwool cubes.

2 Likes

So that Honduras Breeze in the beginning of your journal was grown in a single 4 inch cube of rockwool???

1 Like

Haha, no, the Honduras Breeze was grown out in the 3x3 tent, and I used a 2-gallon fabric pot filled with 50/50 vermiculite/perlite. But in that tent I could totally fill the flood tray with hydroton if I wanted. That one uses a standard flood table. I may very well do that in the future, since I don’t plan on buying anymore perlite or vermiculite. I could also put a coco mat down underneath any rockwool cubes on that flood tray, if needed. But I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it—the next time I do a single plant SCROG in there.

1 Like

Gotcha makes sense. Was the golden tiger done in the 2x2 using flood and drain on perlite/vermic? Both were great looking plants!

1 Like

Correct, the GT was also grown in a fabric pot. I was trying to use up some gardening supplies I had because I had just gotten kicked out by my ex wife and needed to downsize. I didn’t want to have to store any extra things, so I threw a lot of stuff away and used up what I could. From here on out I probably always only use rockwool cubes in the small tent.

1 Like

I like rockwool for soilless, probably my favorite of all the ones I’ve tried. No mess at all which is a bonus, and cleanup after a grow is real easy. Thanks for going over my questions!

2 Likes

Meanwhile over in the 3x3, day 20:

Now that’s some stretch indica if I’ve ever seen it. Those two tall buds are about two inches away from the glass, and the general canopy is about 6 inches away. Good thing I have a few more inches’ clearance to raise the light! Hopefully they’ll slow down soon, though. I mean, seriously.

I’ll be doing some pollen chucking tonight. I have Golden Tiger pollen and KxNL F2 pollen.

10 Likes

Well goddamn. :sleeping:

I didn’t get shit done last night because I sampled a little bit of KxNL F2 #4, and it sent me to the moon! I was out for the count. I fought to stay awake just long enough to put my daughter to bed, then I went to bed myself. Passed the fuck out. I must have slept like ten hours. Wow.

Failed vape report. I’ll try to do this again tonight, but much later in the evening, and I’ll be prepared for it this time. Shit’s powerful!

9 Likes

So I had another sample of #4 last night. I loaded a smaller amount, and waited later in the evening this time. It was still very intense and heavy. I ended up never vaping anything else and going to sleep a couple of hours later. Normally, I would vape a little something more after that 2 hour point and then go right to sleep. I didn’t need to do that. I was still baked and tired. This is heaven-sent nighttime medicine right here. I love it. I’ll try to take some more pics tonight since I know I’ve been slacking on photos.

I’m thinking that #3 should be dry enough to sample soon. Maybe even tonight after work. That’s the one I’m looking forward to the most. It smells strongly of kushy fuel.

8 Likes