Hush's hidey hole

I was born and raised in Tampa. I remember when a lot of the sinsemilla started showing up it was all called “Gainesville Green.” Whether it actually came from G’ville, I don’t know, but it was consistently pine-smelling and dank. I will always remember that stuff. But yeah, prior to that, it was all brick weed from Mexico. Every once in a while I would hear about someone having some Jamaican, but 99% of the time it was Mexican. Good stuff, too. Fantastic stuff, actually, especially if you got it directly from a Mexican family. That shit was no joke.

Anyway, yes, I did pollinate this plant with some Golden Tiger pollen. I really can’t wait to pop those seeds! Next up though is an Indica because I need to replenish my insomnia meds. But after that I’ll be checking out the cross to see what magic occurred. I also have a bunch of Papua New Guinea landrace seeds, including some hybrids thereof, so I look forward to working with those, too. What I’m most excited about, though, is I’ll be pollinating the upcoming Indica grow with Golden Tiger pollen. It’s been way too long since I’ve had an even 50/50 hybrid, and I love those the best.

4 Likes

A few days ago I chopped the HB branch that I pollinated with GT. It’s about dry enough now for pictures:

11 Likes

Nice spear! Looks good enough to smoke!

4 Likes

Day 85 Honduras Breeze:

12 Likes

Dayum! Fat ladies! They must be close? peace

2 Likes

I just sampled the product for the first time last night, and I can honestly say that it’s ready. I could chop right now and I would be happy. But since I have my daughter this week, I’ll just wait to harvest until after she goes back to her mom’s, which will be a week from today.

5 Likes

Day 91 and the plant came down.

18 Likes

Another fantastic grow. :clap:

What’s next?? :astonished:

5 Likes

Some nice buddage going on there. Looks great.

2 Likes

Enjoying the grows bruh! Looks like some fire there!

3 Likes

What a monster! Nice job Hush!

2 Likes

Next up will be Bubba Hash, also by Ace. :grin:

Solid and powerful cross between 2 famous afghan indicas: the modern Bubba Kush and the HashPlant from the 90s.

Bubba Hash clearly enhances the vigor, yield, potency and quality of the original Bubba Kush, always offering outstanding afghani phenotypes.

This hashplant hybrid produces relaxing, very dense and tasty flowers, full of resins, with high medicinal value.

Highly recommended for indoor growing due its main big cola columnar structure that allows to grow many plants in small spaces and in a short time.

We guarantee this plant will please all hashplant lovers. Excellent choice to make afghan hash.

8 Likes

I decided on what’s next for my 2x2 tent… I’m gonna get back to my Kush x NL stabilization project. A while back I grew out some KxNL by Peak Seeds BC and the end result was awesome, but things I hybridized with it tended to have intersex traits. So I decided to make F2 seeds and start doing some selecting. I once took these genetics to F3 but didn’t like the end result, so I’m back at the F2 stage. I’ve planted 21 seeds. Let’s see what pops up.

7 Likes

Out of those 21 seeds, I whittled the number of seedlings down to these 12, and here we go. They’re in the 2x2 now. I am looking for a specific pheno that reminds me of the original F1. I want to find at least one male and one female of it. That’s the plan, anyway. Let it begin!

8 Likes

I have a preliminary vape report on the Honduras Breeze, now that I’ve been puffing on it for a few days now…

The buds are very red colored because of all the rusty pistils. That also gives them that old school hairy/fuzzy look to them. The buds themselves don’t seem to have much of a powerful aroma to them yet. But when I break them up the smells are starting to show themselves… Basically just floral and old school smelling. I would have to guess that this “old school smell” would probably just be the smell of “American genetics,” since I was raised on Mexican brick. There aren’t a whole lot of visible trichomes coating the surface like with Golden Tiger. But when you break it up with your fingers it’s sticky. The trikes are there after all.

The flavor from the vapor is very nice and floral. Unique, in my experience. Doesn’t taste like brick weed joints used to taste. But I’m all vape now, and never vaped mexi brick, so I guess I can’t make a flavor comparison. The vapor is a little thinner than the GT gives me, and that’s deceptive, because I always want to load up another bowl after the first one fizzles out… but then a few minutes later the high settles in and I’m good. No need to finish packing that second bowl.

It’s a very comfortable and relaxing high, much like the description says (unsurprisingly). My eyelids get droopy, there’s a pleasant sense of well-being, and my thought patterns are a little sped up, but overall it’s a calm and relaxing high. I could easily take a nap on this if I wanted, but it isn’t going to force me to take one. That’s actually exactly what I need right now since I’m all out of indicas.

I’ll try to do a better report in a few weeks.

8 Likes

Here’s an example of the average sized cola from my grow. Nice size for only 400 watts! This is without any manicuring, by the way… All I’ve done is pull off the fan leaves. The smells are starting to jump out at me… Starting to get whiffs of fuel, and also some kind of aroma that reminds me of haze. The high is getting more complex by the day, too.

9 Likes

I just weighed it all, and it clocked in at 302 grams. Factor in about 14 grams that I’ve already consumed, and somewhere around 21 grams in all of the popcorn nugs… That gives me a total of ~337 grams. Not too shabby. I’ll do pics this weekend.

8 Likes

Alright, I took a few glamour shots. Remember, I haven’t manicured these buds. What you are seeing here is an example of a damn good flower-to-leaf ratio!

16 Likes

Wow, that is crazy, makes life pretty simple.
Love all the Orange hairs

3 Likes

Yep, that’s fully trimmed in my book. heh. I don’t trim too hard. That reminds me of a KC-36 I grew a couple of years ago. It was all orange hairs, lol. I looked wonderful but had no real smell or taste to it. I gave it away.

2 Likes