hydro run number two

I almost bought one of the super closet stands, but it was too difficult to get in Oz. Do you like it? I have seen some monster’s grown with the system.

I like the system, this one made by general hydroponics, work great as you can the only bad thing is the spacing for the troughs it causes mold and mildew issues because of the close spacing

Latest pics , had a …got too stoned moment and mixed up nutes and accidentally gave the photos some bloom nutes during veg that I had mixed up for the autos. Had some really angry plants. So I delayed bloom. Back on track now. Just need to clean up the dead leaves

1 Like

4 Likes

Latest pics about 3 1/2 weeks into bud. Doing pretty good.

7 Likes

New start by accident, gonna run it on 12/12 with the budding plants. Had it planned for next run. I will say that germination was fast and growing strong stout taproot. Thank you @Sebring , will keep updated and post pics , next run will be a couple of your strains, thank you again and I look forward to seeing more from you!!:+1::+1::v:

6 Likes

One pic. 8th one down. Looks like it’s farther along than 3 1/2 weeks but is not. This alchemy plant has been a strange one , planted 2 of this strain, one was giant bush all lush and green and then about a welt before flower decided to start dropping leaves and turning yellow. The other (in the pic) grew as a bare stalk got about 2 feet tall and started to produce large preflowers and now its about 7 tops about a foot long each and super stacked.

1 Like

This is my grow journal @Instg8ter

1 Like

@LilJonB this is my grow journal. Most of what I have are photos and a random auto or 4 still trying to get the hang of autos. Perma dream is a photo but could be made an auto. Lol

1 Like

Looks good man. Do you like the DWC over the other way? Because it looks like your getting good results.

I like the general hydroponics system but it is too small , 4 foot trough with 6 sites 3in net pots, causes mold and mildew issues,I have issue growing less than 4 foot tall bushes , this round I chopped down 8 plants because of mildew , plants too close together… I have 4 bubble buckets that get the same results in about a week and a half less veg time. I’m figuring it’s because the roots have more room to grow in a 5 gal bucket verse 6 plants in a 5 In square 4 foot long trough. I’ve got roots in my reservoir and have had them in the past get into the pump. I’m buying at least 4 more bubble buckets for now and may build a system like @repins12 has.

2 Likes

I’ve got some stalks the size of the net pots. Couple will be Major pain in my butt to get out of the trough. One has the hike in the trough distorted because it’s slightly bigger than the hole. Lol.

1 Like

You ever think about DYI it and go bigger. 10in PVC seems like it could work. Or do a plant in every other one? Or try autos in a them?

Done every other still too small. Had buds the size of a 16 oz bottle. Threw out over half lb because of bud rot. Thought about the bigger pipe and making a new water manifold even maybe an outdoor version of the same setup , lots of ideas. This grow is spindly compared to previous grows. My brother was supposed to take half of what I had sprouted, but didn’t and I filled the system. 16 sites and now I’m back down to 8 and not spaced either. I thought about keeping it for seed runs. Which I’m slowly working my way towards. I have 3 ladies right now that I would cross a few buds of if I had a good pollen

I’m sure anything hard to compare to DWC. I started off in DWC on the hydro side. I don’t see myself ever switching up. I really need to get myself a chiller for the summer. Haven’t ran into any issues yet.
I know it can get depressing when problems arise. When my plants are happy I’m happy.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize that you had this journal going brother. Set to watching now. If you decide to build something bigger, let me know, I will share my design with you. I hope that all is well with you and yours :v:t4:

1 Like

Damn. I though tagged you when I started it, I was wondering why I hadn’t seen any comments, lol. It’s not as elaborate as other journals, but I’m getting there, soon as this damn snow goes away , I’ll have some time to get a little more serious about it . One of my favorite strains is perma dream and it’s hard to find cuts or seeds… my seed supply is low and I want to create some of my own seeds. . It’s a tricky one, not much info on the strain lineage, lots of searching for the info

1 Like

I have some STS and or Colloidal Silver, I can send you brother.

1 Like

May have to take ya up on that offer. I should just pop another in dirt and just run it 12/12 for some seeds :+1:

1 Like

Mew pics , buds are getting frosty

10 Likes