Hydrococo 60/40

Sounds awesome dude, it must be a pretty big space you got. If you got that experience then crack on with what you think is best and it will give you more info than any forum could

1 Like

Im just read in couple of articles Or forum topics if you watering your coco mix 3-5 times a day . You can get a better yield similar to dwc. And they say that medium should be always wet and you better not let the coco to dry.

Ehhh that’s debatable, small pot sure but you’ll get algae, big pot noooope (in my experience) mine were acting over watered with the top inch of coco dry and loose.

edit : I think it’s to do with how fast the whole pot will run out of water, if it will be dry in 12 hours time then yeah maybe. airating the water might help, if you are watering to capacity or watering till it’s literally just moist like when you squeeze it and a drop or two comes out vs squeeze and 50ml comes out

1 Like

I got about 16sq meter grow space. What size pots you going to take And how often you water them if you were me :smiley: sorry for bad english

1 Like

All good man, I’m not sure as I’m still learning, If I was watering multiple times a day i think I’d go in stages from solo cups till I get roots enough to make a root ball then up to either a 1 or 2 gallon then up pot again to 4 gallon if needed. With watering so often id want the plants roots to be well established and covering a good portion of the pot so I don’t water too much haha

You need less pot room if watering often I think

1 Like

Here’s one style of coco grow.
1 and 2 gallon automated multi-feeds per day.

3 Likes

Yea at first gonna grow them in small pots then transplant to 4gal pots. Going to water twice a day then they gonna be bigger and more mature. Forget to mentiont that :smiley:

2 Likes

Nice grow man! You using 2gal pots? How height is your plants?

1 Like

Yes. 2 gallon. But have also used 1 gallon. Plants about 4ft to 5ft tall.

Some growers run coco in larger pots and feed less often.

2 Likes

How much approx of water you pour in these 2 gal pots and how many times in a day?

Approx 8 oz. Up to 5x daily.
First and last feeds are heavier.

I have a 8 gallon res with pump and timer.

2 Likes

You watering till you see run-off running from the bottom? Or just filling 8pz and thats all? Doing flush once a week?

No flushing. Feeding lower EC more often there is low risk of buildup.

I feed until there is just a little runoff.
Yet at times I might do a super heavy feed with lots of runoff. Such as when changing nute recipe or addressing a deficiency, or ph issue.

3 Likes

Run em. 8ltr pots thats 2 gal of medium. Are your ballast adjustable? If so 600w each would give you same coverage almost at half the cost to run. Link em in cooled hoods with duct and can fan or good exhaust fan on em. Put cheap 6"booster after the 4th. Light pull through them all to the big fan. You should be able to put 9 under each hps unit. In rows of 3 per 4 ft. 9x8
72 babies. You want the added waterings cause each time you water it exchanges air and all underground. More waterings=more exchange= more growth. But you can overwater anything if you dont let it dry enough between. Which is why i say 8 not 16 ltr pots. Plus easier to position 2gal than 5 gal pots. You could probably even get more under 8 lights but youll be good with 72 to deal with. If youre limited to the numbers you said you could run the bigger pots but they will not dry fast enough for 5-6 floods a day. Perelite can help but i think smaller pots uniform rows will get you your best results

1 Like

So im going to do next grow with 2gal fabric pots under 1000w de hps with dtw system Plants going to be 1.2-1,5m tall. Everything should be ok? Or i need bigger pots for bigger yield and set up like that?

2 Likes

Read what i just posted. Almost tge same plan

1 Like

I already planted 30’seeds in jiffies. So ehich pots will be better at the space like that and 30 plants?

2gal good. Also check out the vivosun plastic nursery bags. For bulk cropping you cant beat 30-40¢ a pot n theyre not bad. I was suprised. They got em in 50pk for like $8 amazon. The 500pk cheaper. Figure cheaper way to get sane results be better way. I like fabric but water likes running off tge sides of em. I been using fabric years just tried the plastic cheap ones. Just toss em no cleaning 100 fabric pots n all. It sucks.

2 Likes

But with 72 babies in space like that you just let them grow. No topping or other trainings?

Some people are all dont cut the plant dont pluck leaves. I agree to the extent of useless leaf blocking my buds. Real low branches i cut em before they even grow. Any good branches i try to keep n rotate tge plants to where they dont tangle each other. It gets tight. I only run in 4x8 but ive found 9 per half on a staggered flip 30days apart gives me my best resluts so far. I try to focus on sog style with single cola plants but the plants dont always want to do that. Certain cuts will be better for sog style. But i ram em all in there try not to overtrim but anything dont look like its gonna hold couple grams gets cut out the way. Less bs lower larf to trim too.

1 Like