Hypocalcemia symptom guide. The most misdiagnosed, most common, most limiting problem in Cannabis

2 Likes

In my experience, the lethal combo comes from LEDs being very efficient: tons of light, not enough heat.

Rarely see this problem at 85f. Saw it all the time at 70f before I learned. Plant canā€™t metabolize/use the tons of LED light at that temp.

3 Likes

What I remember is the Calcium conspiracy icon_e_confused|nullxnull, too much Calcium blocking Boron ejem|nullxnull, I miss that man and his several puppet accountsā€¦ beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes

For the duration of a couple aliases his posts were clearer. You could make a distinction between his trollery and him being serious.

Then it was hard to know what he meantā€¦ if you didnā€™t already know whatā€™s what, you couldnā€™t make sense of itā€¦

But most importantly, I donā€™t care about an attitude or insultsā€¦ I wished he would slow down and chill aroundā€¦

You know why Tom is a legend? Sure the genetics, the beautiful grows etc.

Back when we were baby growers he was already killing it. On the boards heā€™d answer every damn questions about everything. soil mixes, breeding, life etc he is/was a teacher. I can guarantee you he made many growers millionaires :wink:

8 Likes

I havenā€™t seen any of his trolling now in a while. Wondering if he finally got tired of it :thinking:

3 Likes

Heā€™s still active somewhere, theres boron deficiencies on other forums too, heā€™ll be back eventually :yum:

5 Likes

Iā€™m going to try this next run which will be a soil based, organic grow

I got this from Doc Buds High Brix posts over on 420 mag.

3 Likes

Well that is kinda true too.
And kinda backward at the same time.
If you have too much calcium in relation to boron the uptake of calcium is slowed/blocked.
This may present as a Boron deficency.

Like @Mithridate said, you kinda gotta know a bit about what he is saying to get an understanding of what he is really saying, if that make any sense at all??

He has spoke about this too, and seems to be right on.
He also spoke about transpiration rates.
Your feed water is too strong when mixed at a normal strength when the plant is exposed to high transpiration rates.
The same feed can be too weak if transpiration rates are low.
It was from another thread I think, but that is another valid point he has made.
This is very important but no one and I mean no one talks about that topic.

I have said for years that the VPD charts need to include feed strength to be worth a shit.
No one talks about that either.

I vote bring the Boron guy back. :partying_face:

7 Likes

Doc also suggests using Pro Mix HP when adding this. Said after numerous soil tests, most other brands were testing too high for one element or another. Which could prohibit Ca uptake.

2 Likes

So are you familiar with this gent, I kinda like him. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Just from his posts. Doc seems to know his stuff as does @westcoastcropper.

2 Likes

I like to read about and discuss plant nutrition for fun so, anybody who might actually be able to teach me something new, Iā€™m all ears regardless of the character lol!

5 Likes

I am 100% with ya there.
I am hoping I can learn something too.
Funny how some will sponge it up and some say naw I will stick to my cal/mag the hydro store guy says I need itā€¦ :wink:

4 Likes

What about salts?I use canna actually and I am having top leaves dark green/almost blueish,very few clawing and yellowing from the TIPS(very Little)
Close to the led light
Autos in Coco,Fed 5 times 0.7Ec.
I use a lot of Nitric acid to bring down pH,like 25ppm.
Stage Is preflower.
Could It be Just a potassium def from too much N in the calmag+nutrient?

1 Like

The new canna line is weirdā€¦ have to let it sit for 4 hours while jumping on one foot.

I tried the new canna nutrients for peat, came with cool shadesā€¦ but didnā€™t like it. Seemed way off for whatever I was running at the time.

2 Likes

Hard to say without knowing your ratios and elemental ppm. Usually the bluish/green/claw is a N toxicity and the yellow tips are a K deficiency. I have been told by some very knowledgeable commercial growers that the dark green leaves are almost always a K excess and not an N excess. Iā€™ve been mixing my own raw salts for close to two years now and I usually start at a 1.35:1.4 K:N ratio and go from there.

1 Like

Boron Dude ā€¦ā€¦He livesā€¦.

6 Likes

LOL

I bet most donā€™t even remember why they hate him, they just do it cuz itā€™s hip :laughing:

5 Likes

I remember very well how could I not forget the 1000 sock puppet Accounts that always had the same wording get coaxed out of him when he was real good and pissed off hehe another fine batch of rocket fuel mess your plants up real good hahaha

2 Likes

He was gatekeeping the secrets of growing from me unless I was able to produce a picture of a plant ready to harvest with the cotyledon still attached. :joy:

5 Likes