I can't seem to figure out what to do here

I tested the pH of the soil, it’s about 7.0

1 Like

This might help ya too. :call_me_hand:t4:

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Do you think I should lower the ph if it’s 7.0?

2 Likes

Is it in the ground soil or what type soil and what size pot?

2 Likes

I’d tend to aim for 6.5-6.7 in veg and 6.2-6.4 in bloom when I used synthetic nutrients in soil.

I dont trust soil pH meters, and 7 is not bad enough to cause leaves with one leaflet.
My guess would be heat stress or pest stress rather than feed. Could be many things to be honest, and its been going for a week or 3.
If it is a feeding issue, I would guess old nutrients rather than a specific deficiency.

Please expand on the temp / humidity history, you feeding schedule history and feed expiry date, close up of the bottom of the leaves and a macro picture of the whole grow.

Looks and sounds like mag toxicity. It happens a lot when people use cal/mag to add calcium that’s been depleted. The problem is the plant uses calcium at a way higher rate than mag (something like 10000x) so the plant uses up the calcium quickly leaving high levels of magnesium.

My recommendation is to not use the cal/mag for a while until the excess mag in the media gets used up or washed out. If you really feel like the plant needs more calcium you’ll be better off using KNF water soluble calcium. You can buy it online a couple places but it’s so easy to make I’d just do it yourself.

2 Likes

There’s nothing you can do to soil that’s not buffering ph properly that will fix it in time to finish The run. But that ph of 7 is fine.

You can Water lower let it creep up, knock it back again.

But ph of 7 in that medium is not the culprit.

Im banking on what the fella said about mag tox

2 Likes

I dont know whats KNF calcium, and I will look into it. Thanks.

Talking about cal mag I will toss my 2c
Cal mag is better as a foliar spray, just make sure you pH to 5.5 before use.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/sa-10.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiIst-A5YaIAxVRlYkEHZVvIoIQFnoECBUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0AivbrCPTzOyXnvMC805d1

Oh, crushed eggshells in vinegar. Old school, works well for tomatoes too

1 Like

I’m using only a 2 gal for this one with recipe 420 soil

1 Like

I feel like this is what’s going on, it seems most likely and in line with when I last gave her cal/mag. Will she recover?

1 Like

Smaller pots outdoors can cause many problems. Sun and wind causes inconsistent moisture and drybacks, which in turn cause ph swings and ec. Spikes. When you have been feeding a small pot regularly and windy dry days cause a real dryback, it causes the food availability to the plant to skyrocket due to dry salts. This in turn can cause lockout and even kill the plant.

3 Likes

She’ll recover just fine. Just water with pure water or just the foxfarms bloom for a couple watering. The water soluble calcium is a quick way to add calcium back to the soil. You can also mix in like a tbsp of crushed egg shells as a topdress too. It’s not as quick of a calcium source as the liquid but it’s faster than adding oyster shell flour or wollastonite. I wouldn’t add lime as most types of lime are cal/mag carbonate and you’ll be right back in the same situation with high mag levels.

1 Like

Another option would be to topdress with gypsum powder. It’s calcium sulfate so you wouldn’t be adding to the excess mag load

1 Like