I Dream of Breeding

Did wold of seeds disclose this or is it a assumption within the community.

2 Likes

Really? Where’d you find that info? I only saw someone mention the Afghan in an ICmag forum, which made since because the buds on my C. Gold were pretty dense and the male I used was a mutant with sativa leaves and an indica structure. He was shorter/bushier than the females with many smooth/non-serrated leaves. Maybe I’ll Bx with a real Colombian gold somewhere down the line

Assumption, I went to look it up after I cured and smoked the bud. The nugs were too dense, the leaves weren’t thin, didn’t grow particularly tall, and tasted/smelled like captain crunch. It was good but it didn’t look like any Colombia Gold I’ve ever seen nor match the profile really :man_shrugging:t4:

Many people seem to have a similar experience. There are some short fatter leaved plants in South America like lemon verde but Columbia gold should have a pretty distinct look.

2 Likes

Yup, apparently it has to do with them getting it from breeders in Spain. I don’t really know what they meant by that though, I guess some banks get people in EU to do their genetics and they lie?

2 Likes

Yeah, it was an under contractor who spilled it. WoS wanted more of a “modern” take on the classics. They told the breeders to Skunk it and most of their strains are Skunk #1 but you might be right that CG might be afghani. Tbh WoS strains are not bad but its not what they sats it is :grimacing: If they just where honest, i think alot more people would enjoy their strains. Most of the banks from Dutch and Spain are shadey! Thats why i dont trust TRSC any more. They have inflated the thc numbers on some of their strains and change the description to more of a hype approach. Soon, we will probably find out shit about ace seeds aswell…

Pz :v:t2:

4 Likes

This is going to be fun!! Thank you! One question, I noticed 3 blades leaves, is that pretty common or is that inherited? I haven’t seen regularly in my grows is why I ask. Thanks

1 Like

Do you mean kwik seeds part or trsc. Trsc themselves dont make many claims at all on their site, and recognise and point out that most of what they have are raw field landraces that can have drastically different results plant to plant in a certain strain.

2 Likes

TRSC, on their website.
Example of what i mean. On the description of the strain: Rif Mountain (Ketama). It says “The original Moroccan landrace from which this heirloom has been inbred is believed to have originally been collected in the ’90s. It’s since undergone several generations of intensive modern breeding work, making it well-suited for use as bud.”

Before a couple of years ago, this text didnt exist. It only said that the seeds was sourced in the 90s. Also it grows different then before. So this is hardly the same strain as before, its been heavy selected into something thats not the moroccan hashplant…

Another example is this from the same description that didnt exist before: “A useful breeding tool, and an example of what can be achieved by inbreeding similar and superior landrace strains such as the”.

This text is just added and I dont know why, ive bred with the old version of this strain and Ace version and Ace version is way better at breeding and as someone tried to breed with this cultivar, i wouldnt recommend it like that…

Im just saying that the TRSC that we knew and loved before is not really the same any more… We will just have to accept it.

4 Likes

Intresting. Thanks for the info. Good thing is they actually put that information in the description, im sure many would be surprised at those who dont. But your right, its something to look out for. Thanks

2 Likes

Yeah i know, i like TRSC and all the money ive been happy to throw at them. But they have lost many deals with larger seed sites and the raids in Spain, i think they are trying to survive. Time are tough for many breeders right now. As you stated its very noble of them to write this out. I hope things start to turn around for them.

3 Likes

Interesting, was not aware but that makes sense too honestly. I had not heard anything negative about Trsc, as far as I know their seeds are legit. It’s coming out that the guy behind ACE is another one of those breeders that lie and has done some shady shit. They mixed a lot of their sativas with PCK because they had trouble stabilizing them/having good yield, this was the case with their Malawi. They only in recent years acknowledged its use in some of their work because people were asking questions. Can’t remember where but someone had posted about this in one of the Landrace threads

1 Like

Not sure, the original mother had 3’s but mostly 4’s. Think it’s just this clone acting different because it also has a bunch of singular leaf sets which is weird. In general, I think this line has some mutations present because a number of them will have a few lower leaves with the duckfoot trait

2 Likes

So you’re saying they’re selling fake stock in the same way WOS is? I will say, I remember going back for their Iranian awhile ago and they had run out but when I went to get check again recently, they were back in stock but still said it’s from the 2019 ascension. Which shouldn’t be the case if they truly ran out, I just assumed they never updated the description but idk :man_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

@District_Flora yeah, ace have done some shady shit. But that Malawi is fire though :grin:

I believe that the stock is not fake, but its obvious that changes have been made over the years, but what they dont disclose is what have been done. Like in the example above, what does “modern breeding” mean? Crossing? Selecting? Selfing?

I dont want to shit on TRSC, but its not the Saint that some people make out it to be. I think its more of the Ace type story. I want to finish by saying that i still buy seeds from TRSC and Ace. In The past ive also bought most of the beans sold by WoS. As I said before, If you think about WoS cultivars as any other strain, they are good and they are quite unique. But they are not what it says on the package, which is obvious to everyone who grows it.

Anyway, i love your strains and im excited to see more from you :grin:

Pz my friend :v:t2:

3 Likes

I hear you, I feel the same way about the WoS Colombian Gold. Definitely not what they advertised but I still enjoyed the results so I’m not particularly complaining, I’m just a stickler about having accurate info on lineage.

Thank you, I hope you enjoy the show!

4 Likes

Recently been listening to podcast interviews of the guy apparently behind THRSC and KWIK. Angus something. Enjoyed hearing his take on the anthropology of cannabis use. He says finding true un-contaminated ‘landrace’ cultivars is not easy. Have been considering an order to THRSC, but will continue my research for now.

Like what I am seeing in the pictures!

2 Likes

I think that maybe due to some of the stock being stuck in certain countries due to covid and only in recent times being able to start moveing about again. Wich would probably explain it still being the 2019 and some of the first parcels that originally got through genuinely running out

2 Likes

Ahh, that’s actually makes more sense

1 Like

I’d still give them a shot, they have some great selections and many of the Afghan varieties that have been going for hundreds of dollars lately have been in their stock for some years now with affordable price tags.

Thank you, hope the flower will impress as well!

1 Like