I need a fast finisher, anybody got some suggestions and time lines?

Do you have a decently fast rooting/blooming plant to take a cut from?

2 Likes

I have a mango trees cut form HSC that is finish in 54 days indoor but the yield is lacking.

2 Likes

No, the only 2 decent plants I have going are auto’s but I think I can get some clones from a friend of my son.

2 Likes

I have zero concerns about yield. This is a test for a lighting company. Not sure why but I keep getting roped into them.

3 Likes

I can send you a left over few seeds if you need. I have been here a month and like 10 people have shared with me so I am happy to do it

5 Likes

That is really cool of you but I think I will go with Seamonkey84’s idea. I can get clones and that will give me a big jump start. I really appreciate the offer, thanks.

4 Likes

Doug - my OG from Humboldt Seed Co was “ready”, but early at 8 weeks.

• very “up” & euphoric, short lived effects.
    It really ripened and fattened around 9-10. - Then it got some serious knock-down stone power.
1 Like

Yup. The lebanese is the fastest line I have ever seen, and it is a native landrace not a worked hybrid. Isn’t nature amazing?

Nature has already produced a line that has reached the maximum potential for quick flowering time, but it has also reached the limit of genetic viability.

If you used selective breeding (or autos) to make a hybrid that was quicker than pure lebanese, it would be a genetic dead end. There would be no possibility of getting ripe seeds, and pollen from a line like that could really mess up the gene pool. Anything it touches might lose the ability to produce ripe viable seeds.

This is something that everyone should consider as a part of responsible breeding practices.

8 Likes

It looks like I can still get some clones so I should be set. Just have to find out the strains.

1 Like

I grew the berkeley blues clone one time when I lived in san francisco. I didn’t know what it was as the time. That was quite a while ago. If i remember correctly, the smell was similar to a haze (aromatic woody attic type smell), but it was indica dominant. It did finish very quick outdoors in SF’s perpetually flowering Mediterranean climate.

Very interesting.

I had bullrider in san diego, and that was one of the best knock out indicas I ever smoked.

3 Likes

I remember that article, it was actually in Skunk. Or she was also featured in Skunk. Either way, when I saw those “35 day Sativas” I just laughed.

3 Likes

M39 is the fastest I’ve found. Trichs start to turn amber around day 40 in a controlled sealed room running hydro.

Haven’t had much luck with so called “fast” strains.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind having that problem, assuming they are a decent quality light.

Anything C99 family (Apollo 13, Apollo 11, Cinderella 99, Space Queen) will finish very quickly. 9 weeks at the most, most will be done around 8.

Green Crack is like a 50-55 day plant.

Oldsog SSH is like a 50-55 day plant.

Most Dutch Afghani stuff has been bred to be extremely fast.

7 Likes

M39 is that the Vietnamese gang beasters one or was that a different KC brains strain?

You’re right, it was in Skunk magazine. I can picture the cover of the magazine now that you say that. Sorry to admit that I believed the 35 Day flower time LOL. They had a pretty good story about it, the guy was from Alaska originally and needed a fast flowering variety… even mentioned that the variety smelled or tasted like gym socks, so it wasn’t grown again. It was pretty believable . Too bad it wasn’t true.

3 Likes

Damn dude. Those are really nice plants. Auto flowers have come a long way since I grew diesel ryder nearly 20 years ago. The biggest plant I had back then was an ounce and a half, and it was only one plant, with a quarter ounce being average for the rest. Cute little plants though.
It was the first time I realized that resin didn’t equal potency. These plants were absolutely covered in resin with only average potency.

2 Likes

I grew sour60 a few times, it wasn’t a true 60 days, more like 65-70, but 9.5-10 weeks from sprouting to chopping is pretty damned fast. That was about 7 or 8 years ago.

1 Like

Yeah, I remember some line in the story like,”They pollinated their first female together and then shared their first kiss…” haha! I was just like,”Okay, this is getting a little corny.” I don’t doubt that she made some crosses, but the 35 day Sativa was definitely BS. That’s fast even for the purest of Indicas.

2 Likes

are you talking about the berkeley blues? yeah I definitely agree. that was in no way a sativa.

It visibly had some haze in its genetics but it was a fully indica dominant hybrid. And the high was definitely very indica to me.

I picked it up from an east bay dispensary on a whim. It’s definitely interesting to hear about the goofy backstory haha.

Maybe 35 days for an early white pistil harvest like some people used to do back in the day?
No one really grows like that any more.

2 Likes