I need your tears

I’m trying to cry a river, and I could use some tears.
I just lost practically a lb of cannabutter (28oz of herb) due to a mason jar bottom cracking from heat (just from boiling water). I’ve cursed and yelled as much as I can, but I can’t seem to find any tears. So I’m soliciting tears from the forum here.

Thanks.

Fuck.

19 Likes

If you put it in the fridge it should solidify to a full layer you can still use. I imagine the broken glass will stay in the bottom but that’s a you thing to check.

Good luck.

11 Likes

Add water and let it solidify glass should all be at the bottom. I would then melt, strain, Add water, stir and refrigerate again probably another 2 times just to make sure all glass settles to bottom. You should be good to go. I wouldn’t hesitate to use it.

9 Likes

Agreed with those above. We used to cook plant material in water AND butter to help buffer temperatures. Then, as said above, strain it, fridge overnight, pour off the water, and you’re good to go!

5 Likes

Never take glass out of a freezer and put it in boiling water, lol.
Always let it gradually return to roomtemperature.

As written above, nothing is lost.

There is a solution to every problem, it’s the way of the universe.

Instead of making butter you can also decarb dry crumbled bud and sprinkle some on your food like you would with herbs, it IS a herb anyway so… no need to fuck around with butter if you wanna avoid these kinds of incidents. You can just keep it in a jar in a cupboard.

This may be relevant: Delta-9-THC vs 11-Hydroxy-THC . Eliminating Tolerance . Healing

decarbed in two batches of dried bud, crumbled (sous vide: pot of boiling water with another pot on top with the dry bud, put a lid on the cooking pot containing the bud, make sure the boiling water always touches the bottom of the upper pot) at 212 F / 100 C for 1 hr 11 mins, then take out the half of the batch and let the rest decarb until 2 hr 22 mins, then eat 1/3 rd of a teaspoon of each batch before breakfast.

This will keep you relaxed all day long, but clear headed.

5 Likes

I just had to put my dog down yesterday so you can borrow mine

14 Likes

I am sorry to hear that @G-paS
I know the feelings and pain.
I hope you feel better soon. :green_heart:

4 Likes

Been there. So sorry. PEACE, CP

3 Likes

Hope things get back to normal for you soon!! I had to put down my dog a few years back, she used to fall asleep behind my knees every night for years and sleeping has been the same since.

4 Likes

Two babies in two months. I still have the 4 pound service dog to love on.

Thank you for your thoughts,

Now back to the butter.

I am like Foreigner and would risk the save. I would check to see if cracked without chips I would save all but the very bottom.
I always set the jar on a rake or wash cloth under the jar when I boil the jar. Rather jelly or butter

I bought the magic butter machine to avoid this and save my time.

:green_heart: :seedling:

8 Likes

I’m very sorry to read of anyone’s tears, cracked jars of meds or our four legged teachers leaving us…
Yeah got use a trivet of some kind. I use canning rings we are going to replace, or old dish towels.

2 Likes

Salvageable brother, no tears. Few curses and just clarify(wash) your butter a couple times with hot water. No loss.

@G-paS my heart goes out to you, saying goodbye is never easy.

4 Likes

Legit, it works marvelously for infused oils and butter.

Sorry about your baby, will keep you and the family in prayers. :heart::dove::latin_cross:

@Nitt I agree, save the butter!! GL :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Sincere thoughts of comfort sent your way. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that. I know the feeling.

Thanks everyone for the tears. I paddled away from the issue and haven’t revisited it since then. I’ll probably melt the butter again and strain it a few times.

I actually did the “jeff the 420 chef” method to prep the buds first this time. I don’t like making cannaoils with flower anymore, but wanted to try this method.

1 Like