I want to move off of Advanced Nutrients

Hi Team! I can’t stand the 9-10 bottles involved in my flowering solution. It’s just too much opening and closing and measuring. I also don’t like the new bottles, they leak from the neck. I do love the PH buffering.

What else is out there that is the best thing you can get for cannabis in coco?

Talk to me people!

7 Likes

Canna. Hands down the best nute lineup I ever used their full line up is rhizotonic, cannazyme, pk 13/14, canna boost and which ever of their base that you choose. They have specific canna coco. The cannazyme you only really need if you reuse your medium. You can do great with just the base and pk 13/14 but highly recommend the rhizo and boost!

10 Likes

I use masterblend. Some like Jacks. Super easy and it’s three things.

7 Likes

Why don’t you use just the basic line? icon_e_confused|nullxnull

8 Likes

Dyna-Gro foliage pro with a side of cal-mag was always my go to with coco. Start to finish I would run it. Add in a little Jacks bloom mid flower.

It’s cheap
It’s simple
It works

-GH

5 Likes

Oh I use that, plus all the additives. I find the additives make a difference. I end up tailoring my solution to about 1200-1210 PPM and sometimes add Chitosan.

4 Likes

I used water bottles nutrients until I started wanting to know what I was putting in my plants. Boy, do they not want to tell you what’s in those water bottles…

Because other than PGRs you DON’T want, it’s the same damn 26 nutrients!

So why pay so much more for them?!

Dry nutrient salts from companies like www.hydro-gardens.com or Jacks are great for growing because now you can be sure about what’s in your nutrient solution AND what isn’t.

For example, I run hydro gardens’ 5-11-26 mix for hydroponics. Think of that as part A. I also add calcium nitrate. Think of that as part B of a standard two bottle nutrient line. Finally, I add epsom salt to boost magnesium and sulphur because it makes a big difference in the quality of the final product.

These dry nutrients are CHEAP and easy to use.

16 Likes

Dyna Gro Grow and Bloom

MaxiBloom/MaxiGrow

Why would you need 10 bottles of anything?

12 Likes

My skin care regimen is 10 bottles.

14 Likes

Patrick Bateman intensifies

17 Likes

Canna is expensive, i switched back to maxibloom

5 Likes

I went from AN to premixed soil several years ago and never looked back. The quality difference isn’t even comparable , not to mention the huge $ savings.
Back when I was using all those bottles I did learn that most strains did way better by me using half or even less of what their recipes called for. If I remember right I maxed out at 1200 ppm and saw much better results with ever plant at the time.

But ya I am a water only guy from here on out.

6 Likes

Here is a link if you want to try something on the cheap. If you are in the US, it’s just $30 to cover shipping.
There is enough in this package for a few runs and there will be some left overs.

-GH

8 Likes

That oil free matte finish doesn’t make itself you know.

4 Likes

The boost and rhizo are a bit pricey for sure. I made the change to bio canna it’s amazing

1 Like

I get by just fine with CNS17 and bloom pure blend pro. One bottle for veg one for flower. 5.8-6 ph 750-1250 ppm depending on strain. I used AN when I first started. I get 90% of the growth rate with several less bottles . I pay 30-35ish a gallon of it to my door and maybe use an once or 2 per feeding so it comes out pretty cheap and dirty cheap compared to AN. If you want to play chemist while you save money I believe @lefthandseeds formulates his from scratch and would help you I am sure.

1 Like

Megacrop easy as all heck. I use the two part formula

8 Likes

5 Likes

Agreed against liquid base nutes.
This is the best IMO. Compare what they include and derive from.
Megacrop has a 1 part and 2 part.

5 Likes

I ran with Botanicare for years but got sick of the rising price so I switched to two part Mega Crop 3-4 months ago, and I’m glad I did! The two parts allows you to feed your plants at any stage of life by varying the ratio that you mix together. :+1::+1:

5 Likes