Ice Bubble Hash. 4th grow. Getting good at this

The Purple Caper 1 stuff came out purple. cuz… purple buds in. purple hash out! LCG x Skunk and the Sour Diesel x Pineapple Express was 2 batches, and Blueberry Cupcake x MAC1 x Pineapple Express, and Luxor’s Chocolate CBD, and Purple Caper 2 & 3 were the other batch. Gotta love that CBD & THCv in there. makes great edibles. afterburner kicks 4-6 hours later.

I’m going to cook and make coconut oil with those leftover wash clumps. 3 batches in the 2.5 gal vortex9 bags. I’m out of ice cubes for right now.

7 Likes

size of bags used ?

220 / 170 / 120 / 73 / 25.

the first is for the work bag. next 2 for the contam. then the rest in the last 2 bags.

2.5 gallon size bags.

2 Likes

What do you do with all the washed material? Can you still use it to cook? And if so would it have any potency left?

1 Like

There’s not much left, but it’s in the oven right now. I’m slow-cooking it in some coconut oil, then drain that out of the pan after that. I really don’t know what’s left. I knocked like an oz of hash out of that stuff. it’s just some sugarleaf trim & larf. not really a bud wash situation. last time I just composted the stuff after I was done.

3 Likes

I was just curious because when I do oil or butter, I use all the trim and small flowers. But if washing it just takes the trichs off, I would still think you could cook with it, if so I will start washing it first then putting it in the oven.

1 Like

Depending on how vigorously the process made to make the bubble hash, and the amount material leftover, I think it’s definitely worth utilizing in many instances. There is still a lot left when gently agitating for example with a wooden spoon for one or two passes. Even with more vigorous means like a handheld cake mixer with a single beater attached a lot of secondary metabolites are likely to remain in the material after working it for a quality hash. Under magnification I would imagine there are still many full in tact resin glands that don’t get knocked off and are remaining in the “spent” material after making some bubble hash in the aforementioned style. Using something high fat would help make the effects more noticable when using whatever ingredient you choose, so more of the secondary metabolites can be in smaller amounts of said given ingredient lending to a more pronounced effect. Also, the inverse could be ideal depending on the strength one is aiming for in their resulting product. Hope this is helpful to some. Many blessings and much love

4 Likes