Igor's Wardrobe of Shame

I think I’m getting the hang of this coco stuff.

10 Likes

Looking really good!

Coco and Wardrobe is a winning combo :grinning:

2 Likes

Beautiful grow, those plants are really thriving.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I’m really enjoying growing at the moment, takes my mind off other things.

Woo-hoo I might have a mutant or two on my hands. The first proper leaves are always a bit runty but these look even more twisted than I usually see. These are a super silver haze and a Northern lights.

Barney’s Farm Triple Cheese, I put this clone back into veg as it was so small, she seems happy and perky. Another week and I’ll up-pot her and put her into flower. Let the stink begin.

This AK47 will get the chop soon. I’ve always flushed for a few days but recently heard a local grower say they go full nutes right up to the chop, and saw a Canna video saying to cut the A+B but keep up the Boost during flush. So I’m trying that, just Boost and Calmag. The plant is showing textbook Calmag deficiency with copper tips and leaf edges despite using buffered coco and full Calmag at every feeding from day 1. Apart from the leaves, the buds look on point. I hope the smoke is ok because there looks to be a lot of it. :sunglasses::crazy_face:

8 Likes

I’ve harvested about 75% of this plant now and there’s well over a lb wet so maybe there will be 5oz all up dry. I’m ok with that. The smell of this AK47 reminds me of the first plant I ever grew, which was Pukka Skunk from Pukka Seeds. Pukka Skunk was supposed to be a skunk #1 crossed with a Haze but it’s identical to this AK47 in every way.

6 Likes

If you’re drying your buds in those paper bags it’s better for them not to receive direct light … huh

3 Likes

Yes, it’s not ideal, they’re pretty much in shade, but it’s the best option I’ve got to get some air movement and control smells.

3 Likes

Good morning and happy harvest brotha, That AK47 looks dank. :coffee: :yum:

Springtime! :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Awesome! What an era of music, the only person cooler than that guy was the lead singer of Boney M.

2 Likes

I slashed the rest of the AK47 tonight, it took 4 hours because there was a lot of popcorn and larf (does larf stand for something?) and I needed my glasses for the first time ever. There were lots of those little sweaty new light green leaves that scream mould-waiting-to-happen. Found a few leaves died back and shriveled up, luckily they were dry, I didn’t find any actual mould. And got a nice pea of scissor hash to smash into my existing marble of scissor/kief hash. :sunglasses:

Good roots with these self watering planters pots, it seems running coco in them works well.

I was starting to get some smells outside the wardrobe of shame and wondered if my cheap $50 Vivosun filter was the reason but then I saw this and pulled it out. All good now.

It’s looking a bit more manageable in there now. That’s Blue Dream (blueberry x Haze) on the left, Barney’s Farm Triple Cheese in the middle and the second AK47 on the right. It looks all good in photos but the top canopy of the AK has a PPFD up around 1400, bit high.

I’m running low on Canna Boost and I’m still not sure it’s worth the high $$. Anyway I picked up some Bio Diesel guano bat shit stuff that’s supposed to be the same thing for a fraction of the price. We shall see.

5 Likes

Very nice roots! Super healthy.

Always great to have BD in the stash! Triple cheese sounds great too. Hope you get some funky funk.

Just small less matured buds.

3 Likes

Woah Nellie. We’re passing up a really great opportunity to make one up

4 Likes

It certainly isn`t you could look at summink like Green Planet >> Massive which is very much a similar type of boost with a little npk added extra.

Or just buy some seaweed extract which is as good as anything used once or twice weekly, great root tonic, booster and good for stressed out plants are just a few things its banging for. I use Maxicrop atmo about £10 a ltr.

Grow looks good man.

1 Like

Thanks mate, and thanks for confirming my thoughts. I heard a podcast where the guy was talking about Boost and how anything over about half the recommended minimum dose is wasted, which would make it go a lot further. (I’ve searched in vain to find that podcast again) I’ve switched to a Bio Diesel bat guano carbohydrate now which is about 1/4 the price. I’ll check out Green Plant too, thank you. I swear a lot of this stuff is just miracle grow, Mr Fothergills or sea kelp extract rebranded as “rock hard nugs” and sold for $$$

2 Likes

Less
Attractive
&
Really
Fluffy

4 Likes

Lemons
Are
Really
Flavorful. :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Basically they are just vitamin, hormone & amino typo boosts. Why the Canna boost costs a mint is it contains a naturally occurring hormone within the plant (pgr) called triacontanol as do lots of these type of boosts that are costly. As said the one i find at a fraction of the cost that’s a similar boost is called Massive in fact you can get 4 ltrs for price of one of Canna boost accelerator.

You can buy the plant growth regulator triacontanol separately if you know where to look and just use it as a standalone booster. PGRs can be nasty and should be avoided tbh mostly the synthetic type, but triacontanol is pretty much a safe one to use fed through roots or used as foliar spray, in fact from reading around foliar fed seems to produce better results.

3 Likes

I scored a lemon affy yesterday she’s small like a foot tall but she’s in flower should I put it in my room on 12/12 or what should I do

2 Likes

Hey mate, yes, if it’s already in flower I would continue flowering on 12/12.

1 Like

Sunday update…
This is an ak47 cut I took from a plant about 3-4 weeks into flower that went back under 18/6 and now it’s trying to reveg but also producing trichomes.

Left is NL#2, right is Super Silver Haze. I’ll be pushing my luck to get these finished before Christmas, and before the summer heat. They’ll be going into 12/12 very soon.

This big mess is another ak47 that had stretching issues so has been kind of scrogged without a scrog net. She was topped three times and there are branches in there that were bent 180 back on themselves. One of the lower branches I all but snapped off, then tied back on with some string and it’s still growing! Incredible how much abuse it’s taken. I take her to the bathroom every other day to feed her and there are branches flopping all over the place. Afterwards I have to clean the door frames and bathroom mirror with brake cleaner because everything she touches is a sticky stinky mess.

This one’s Barney’s Farm Triple Cheese has some interesting leaf shapes going on.

Lastly the Blue Dream, maybe the best looking plant I’ve ever grown. It’s textbook in uniformity and perfectly symmetrical. She’s only about a foot tall so might double in height and still be manageable. I hope.

6 Likes