I'm proposing new forum category

What gets me is the decarbing. I can’t even seem to make firecrackers work. Though my wife’s dog seemed like she was tripping balls (accidentally ate a bit while I wasn’t looking.)

3 Likes

I think I got it… sorta. Got an old oven so temp is sometimes a guesstimation but I try to get it as close as I can with a thermometer. I try to get it as close to 240F as I can and just keep it in there 50 to 60 min. It seems to work, though I am sure I am losing something.

Was this before or after decarb?

4 Likes

After. I ground the bud and mixed into really oily and fatty peanut butter, then baked for a while (can’t remember how long or how hot)
Though now that I think about it, Edibles don’t do a whole lot for me. I’ve had a bunch of gummies that some relatives gave us from Oregon, but only ever a mild buzz.
Maybe I need to use more bud.

What we need is a solid collection of detailed recipes.

3 Likes

That as your first mistake… mixing it into PB. Don’t know a dog that doesn’t go nutz for it. Though I am surprised it affected it, hasn’t been converted from THCA to THC.

Not only detailed, but ones that any idiot could follow (you know, like me). There are a lot of sites out there that have recipes, some really good sounding ones, but you need to be a rocket scientist, even for basics like butter and ccnut oil to understand them.

2 Likes

Add an Outdoor Grow Diaries category to please :grin: :+1:

3 Likes

commercial edibles in oregon are low potency, the regulators wanted the dosage to be low enough that someone who has never tried cannabis could eat a whole edible without tripping. it’s not surprising that you didn’t get much of an effect from those gummies.

3 Likes

… and that someone who really needs 2gm a day will have a :syringe: hard-drug addiction :money_mouth: bill… or to have a party means paying out the :tada:

:v:

:evergreen_tree: “win-win” situation for the :cop: Man

1 Like

I kinda like your idea @cannabissequoia. I wouldn’t mind a cordoned off area to post geeky stuff (such as source code snippets, maybe a schematic or two, etc ) for other experimenters/dyi to utilize.

4 Likes

hadn’t thought of that one really… but i do realize we can’t be overly general & make a mess of the place with AOL style crap…hehe :wink:

“The SLeazzard Lounge” (for the giggity single)
:sunglasses:

no auto repair section…hehe

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I believe there is already a “Images” category, but I love the rest!

There is a entire category already for Outdoor Growing. Just add a thread in there

2 Likes

240F 1 hour works for me. Green Dragon Tincture!

1 Like

Awwww yeah I’m all about the food!

Having a place for HVAC / Plumbing / Electrical / Carpentry etc would be great!! Any tradesmen in here?

4 Likes

Yeah bro I understand but my meaning is there is an entire category for Indoor Growing. There is also an entire category for Indoor Growing Diaries…

-DD

1 Like

Oh, Gotcha! Yeah, I just make my outdoor diary in the general category I guess

2 Likes

Also an auto flower category specifically for auto’s…
And what’s the news on the 'Regulars Cafe '…?
Would be great for anything you don’t want on search engines etc …( WITHOUT using the sharks :shark: tank …!)

I also like the kitchen idea and the’ building thread’, excellent.!
I enjoy the NO adverts ,banners et al.
Great site all round in fact.!

Gaz

5 Likes

The other one I’d thought of was Film :projector: :film_frames: Club…

:thinking: 'cuz you know we’re a bit different here. :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Thanks for suggestions for categories… I’ll consider them if they get enough popularity.

There is slightly different approach here than in other forum platforms… I’ve tried to explain it in another topic:

I’d recommend to take look at tags first… We can regularly check and evaluate which are popular and then create categories for them…

5 Likes

I like this. Its KISS :slight_smile:

The problem with too many categories is that most grows over lap many different categories.

How do you pick a category when your doing a hydro grow in an outdoor green house using organic nutes with autoflower seeds, using the latest new LED tech, and custom software for the DIY automatic dosers, and all of it is powered by a new DIY sub panel?

Tags cover all that stuff.

7 Likes

I’ve mastered framing houses , 17 years stick framing and stacking logs

4 Likes

You can also decarb in a double boiler if you don’t trust your oven. 212F all day long :slight_smile:

3 Likes