Immortality!

Do I feel pain? Do I experience remorse? Or do those things fade away the longer I live? Or would I eventually become so acquainted with them that they would consume me?

1 Like

Iā€™d try and become a lightning rod for exploring all the unknowns internal and external, so as to ease the minds of all the pathetic mortal meat sacks that will inevitably grovel at my feet.

Iā€™d probly also do some gnarly parlor tricks.

you ever see anybody put the joint in their mouths backwards and spontaneously combust, only to watch them come back in the front door and smoke the joint they just lit before it hits the floor?

2 Likes

Given consciousness is infinite from the get go, weā€™re all immortal already, changing bodies like overalls. Living from that viewpoint, Iā€™m having fun like a fool in a field.
Weā€™re here forever baby!

Always learning, always evolving, however slow it may seem.
Being human is like being on holiday from being the consciousness of EVERYTHING.
The quantum processor that manages its programs, we all apps. :grin:

3 Likes

You die twice, once when you shed this mortal coil and once again, the last time someone remembers you.

we as mortals consider nature to be forever-ish (and it is, in a way, compared to humans; even when ā€˜natureā€™ has phased us out, ā€˜natureā€™ has really just become inhospitable to us and will continue its ā€˜naturalā€™ swing of the pendulum)

On one hand itā€™s ludicrous to blindly adhere to modern religions, but at the same time itā€™s so strange to be anything at all. Itā€™s so far off in the land of probabilities that evolution from the primordial ooze to the flipper boy that I amā€¦I shouldnā€™t exist. Bumble bees are goofy.

So if time ends, do you get to stop being immortal, or do you take a long nap in the ether?

2 Likes

Noā€¦ but I stayed at a Holiday Inn one time.

you have spent your time here wisely young jedi

Why should time ever end?
Iā€™m having a good time, ainā€™t planning on stopping any time. :grin:
Infinite planets to explore.

Our time, donā€™t you guys get it? Donā€™t you guys see, this is our time. our time

Paraphrased from the goonies

Our time ends

Lunch break over, I love you guys! Thanks for the brain food

1 Like

Man, Iā€™d be able to read so much. itā€™d be great. I donā€™t know how Iā€™d handle the inevitable ennuiā€¦probably destructively. or upload to crystal and shoot out to space.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s the twilight zone episode about that, all the time in the world to read, but he breaks his glasses and canā€™t see to read. The glasses are the lense through which we see and the books are the lives we want to live

Neither of which stand the test of time if thereā€™s no one there to see it

Love you folks donā€™t let me die lol

2 Likes

Having already lived until the end of time, watched everyone and everything I cared about die, gotten bored and destroyed the universe, and time traveled back to answer this question; I would sacrifice myself to close the portal to the Abyss and stop the Dragon Queen from entering the world, because eternity alone with nothing but my own imagination to entertain myself would drive me crazy.

1 Like

I wonder how asian cultures or Buddhist cultures would respond to such a question. Buddhist traditions hold that society itself is over 100,000 years old; not 10,000 as we are taught in Western culture.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Youā€™re a time traveler too?? Surprised we have never metā€¦:desert_island:

:wink::cyclone::wink:

2 Likes

Pandoras box opening has facilitated the thoughts you just thunk.

1 Like

I read a story about a guy who time travelled to 1940s America. He got there and then told everyone that he witnessed his own death in the future and time travelled to the past to live a full life. Turns out he was lying :joy::rage:ā€¦just didnā€™t want to end up in some government experiment. Poor guyā€¦at least he never died (implying that he is immortal).

The story goes on in that he did his own government experiments. Began ā€œexperimentingā€ with plants on a government airbase. Sure blindsided those 1940s folks.

Itā€™s really quite interesting. The guy, who time travelled, as it turns out his other self, was actually a high ranking military officer. So he was an older version of himself in the past where the younger version was a high ranking officer.

So it concludes in that the guy lives like 85 years as ā€œthe time travelerā€ and then travels back to his original time (which is actually a couple decades in the past) and resumes his old life.

Woke up this morning, got a blue moon in your eyes.

1 Like

There are an infinite points on a clock. There are infinite clocks.

1 Like

This thread is starting to sound like a cursed monkey paw storyā€¦ :joy:

3 Likes

"The men who murdered Muhammed " is a good one I forgot who wrote it, itā€™s a short story

Alfred bester

1 Like