Immortality!

Oohh, I like Bester! Gunna have to check that one out :slightly_smiling_face:.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

3 Likes

I’d probably continue popping beans. If I ever get tired of that I’ll let you know.

2 Likes

Black Sky Symphony Orchestra !!!

:fire::fire::fire: :beers: :grin::wink::exploding_head:

This may already be in this thread somewhere, but what if “God” was the only “living thing” and we are all simply manifestations of God’s imagination, created to relieve God of the terrible, awful loneliness that is the void…?. Each of us and every living thing, a figment of the almighty’s imagination, with God playing every part in the play?

3 Likes

If so, then… pancakes? :man_shrugging:

On the flipside, what if gods are figments of our imagination, created by our focus and worship? We already know that our brains work on electric impulses, and that electricity can affect things around us in small, nearly imperceptible ways; what if the power of everyone’s mind imagining and praying to a god actually creates that god?

2 Likes

The old adage stands true “I think therefore I am”. Imagine this, in a world based on metaphysics…can you stand up to reality and say that you are?

2 Likes

I like the idea of thought giving meaning to the void. Descartes was my guy….yours too if you follow. If you like the idea of purely physical mechanics without superstition, then perhaps this is interesting too?

1 Like

Those are big questions, ones that occupy the minds of many thinkers :wink:

We are clay, with the breath of life. Living beings.

Loneliness as a feeling is but a manifestation of ones unworked troubles. Its not that one cant go without people, but that a person cant be with himself. Before long, thoughts, regrets and what ifs take over… i should have helped that lady in 1986, why did i kick that dog, ignored my friend, lied etc and soon realize how much of a cunt the person is.

As one works to release these tensions, being alone is something one will look forward to. The peace of ones mind.

As for God, i dont think our minds are capable of imagining what God feels like. Haha

If you read old alchemical texts and the like, thats how evil spirits are summoned. Through energy, mind-attention-focus energy.
Many celebrities speak of being taken over during concerts. Being fed by thr crowd. :wink:
Evil takes.
Good is a cycle of giving and regiving.

Interestingly enough, theres a theory that claims we actually project light, not reflect, from our eyes and create our holographic realities, through a distorted lense.

Veiled world haha

4 Likes

Dunno. Superstition might just be the name we give things we can’t understand. Reading this article, I definitely got a bit of a biblical vibe. :stuck_out_tongue:

Self-replication (or reproduction, in biological terms), the process that drives the evolution of life on Earth, is one such mechanism by which a system might dissipate an increasing amount of energy over time. As England put it, “A great way of dissipating more is to make more copies of yourself.”

Sounds an awful lot like “be fruitful and multiply.” What’s that? Make more copies of yourself; and in the Bible, God created man in his image… what is this, a religion or an instructional handbook on basic particle physics and how we fit into the picture? Is there a difference?

1 Like

Now this is an interesting question. I think it would depend on the type of immortality I had. Am I a TRUE immortal and NOTHING could ever kill me? Like being disintegrated and coming back? Or is the immortality just eternal youth but normal means can kill me? If its the first, I would consider that to be a true horrific curse. Could you imagine being billions upon billions upon TRILLIONS of years old? I would think the kind of madness that would come with that would be monstrous. The second one would be easier to deal with, live the life you want and when its too much you just off yourself. Either way, I would NEVER want to be immortal. Just the thought of it gives me the willies.

1 Like