In need of some knowledge & direction

Ok since I am still new to the whole cannabis culture as I grew up down south on the east coast on a farm. Needless to say we didn’t have a computer or cell phones to reach out to others for guidance. However now that I have made the move to San Francisco and have been here a good 4 or 5 years I’ve been introduced to the awesome world of cultivating cannabis. My biggest issue through the entire time I’ve been here is being able to obtain seeds. Ive been ripped off and lied to and all in between. I thought I had a good thing going with strainly.io until they implemented the new taxing policy. Or buying seeds on offer up and never knowing what I get. I’d buy autoflower seeds and I would end up with some regular male plants. Either way the inability to find decent autoflower seeds at price which I do t have to sell an organ to afford. The whole reason I got into growing is because it is seemingly the one thing that levels my PTSD out. Something about the growing process and caring for the plants works better than any medication the V.A. tries to feed me. So if anyone has any suggestions I would be extremely grateful. If you made it this far I thank you for your time and consideration. Having an outlet such as this with a great group of like minded growers is truly a blessing.

24 Likes

Check out @Great_lakes_Genetics
One of the sponsors of this site
Killer genetics at great prices

9 Likes

Welcome back man. You’ll get a million recommendations from folks here for good seed banks.

I run more clones than seeds but here is one I’ve had good luck with that has a lot of auto options.

https://northatlanticseed.com/?s=Autoflower&id=129514&post_type=product

6 Likes

Dc seed exchange. Veteran friendly Also there are folks here who make their own seeds (if you have the time and room) and many threads detailing the process.

6 Likes

hit up @JohnnyPotseed on this site. he will take care of you.

13 Likes

DC Seed Exchange, that guy Paul that own it will hook you up when you make a nice purchase with freebies! :sunglasses::peace_symbol:

Just got this from GLG

8 Likes

Paul at DC Seed Exchange has a 15% veterans discount code. Just message him and let him know you’re a vet and he’ll hook you up with the code. He also does several free seed giveaways for vets that have a hard time affording seeds. I’ve been buying from him since I started in 2017 and have had great customer service and really fast shipping. Johnny Potseed on here also has really great prices on some killer strains. I’ll be grabbing some of his seeds for sure down the road.

7 Likes

Any sponsor in the sponsor category on this site is good. Growingupganja.com is @ris who is also a member. Most sponsors on here are also members. Maybe @dougdawson can lead you somewhere he seems to have his finger on the pulse.
Also lots of seed giveaways to sign up for so no $$ needed if you win. This is a good place and good people everywhere here should be able to get you squared away.

4 Likes

@Misguided_USMC, you’re local to me. I can get you taken care of.

8 Likes

@Misguided_USMC, check the thread below. It’s not open for new requests just now, but keep checking back and sign up when you can at Seeds for Vets. You’ll get a nice care package of free seeds.

4 Likes

Hey man, welcome back. Always a pleasure to have another vet on the board. Rah.

Another shout out at @Great_lakes_Genetics , @JohnnyPotseed and DC Seed exchange and basically anyone on this website selling or trading seeds. I’m sure scams happen, but I think you’ll find this place better than most.

5 Likes

So do you just need some auto seeds?

3 Likes

Love the people here lol

4 Likes

Get a hold of Peter Cerveri at Dagga.Love.He has a thing he does on his site where he gets together a bunch of seeds from Top seed breeders for Vets he will build you a package and all you do is pay the shipping it’s like 10$.I got packs of auto flowers from Lions Den genetics Regs from Tony from Boneyard Seeds NorCal and a bunch of Hoku labs CBD crosses for pain there was like over 250$ worth ofs seeds in breeders packs .They even tossed in a sample packet of VAM from bio ag and a one pound grove bag to sample with a shiton of cool slaps.Came in like 3 days

3 Likes

I just want to take a second and recognize and thank everyone that replied, I never imagined my post would garnish such outstanding results. This community is one of a kind and I am thankful to be a part of it.

6 Likes

That is going above and beyond truly, I am extremely thankful to even the thought. Also Its quite awesome to find someone on here that is local. I’ll shoot you a DM

4 Likes

Hey man i’m in your local also and can give you a few clones for $0 if you need 'em, but i’m guessing you have plenty of seeds coming your way.

I spent my time with 2/5 from 12’-17’ . Where where you at?

3 Likes

Yeah, boards r da bomb, ain’t they? And welcome home bro. Yeah, lotsa ppl in the “drug” scene r ripoffs, but we knew that going in. I hear a lot about seed rips, u buy autoflower and it turns male, etc. I have never traded, so dunno from experience.

1 Like

Are you saying marijuana is a drug?

Auto flowers can be male/female just like photoperiods

Nope. I said cannabis is a ““drug””.

OP says:

Sure, AF’s are both m/f. But I’ve read a lot of other posts saying they try to buy autoflower fem seeds, and they turn male.

I always thought that was odd too. For one thing how do you get guaranteed fem seeds?