In the basement with Loggershands

Lol yes it’s called Agisil16 silica

1 Like

Just want to tell you about 'Microbial: This product Really works !! have use it with exceptional results (plant have doubled in size when using this product) have used King Crab, Azros, and Rootwise with Microbial - this is going to be my “regular” go to recipe !! work every penny

1 Like

Do you mean the Microbial Mass? If so, yes! It is awesome. Im probably not going to order it again as I’m trying to make my own IMO going forward but it’s still a good product, especially if you using super soil, helps the plants uptake nutrients really well.

@Ottafish I went to find barley seed this morning and the brew shop only had roasted barley? I’m assuming this wont work because if they are roasted they probably wont sprout? they also had a lot of unroasted malt? is that good for anything?

1 Like

Also tried the local garden centre but they had no sprouting seed. They did have these babies though! Sub irrigation planters! 11 gallons each! I’m pumped to try these babies out!

10 Likes

Nice dude, SIPs are so fun! If you haven’t yet check out @CrunchBerries SIP thread, CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

2 Likes

This is deadly! Im going to have to read it again later on but what a great write up! Awesome job @CrunchBerries!

3 Likes

Thanks, man! Those City Pickers look sweet! Lot’s of people love them and I think they have a larger reservoir than EBs. Stop on by the SIP thread to share your progress sometime, and feel free to ask questions!!

3 Likes

Those look cool! You usually have to get barley from a feed store. That’s the cheapest place. I get it at a place called ConcentratesNW locally. It’s a bad ass organic grow supply wharehouse. My local feed store has all kinds of good stuff like kelp, alfalfa, mollasses, corn, all kinds of seeds/meals and a bunch of cheap ammendments.

1 Like

Go back and tell them you want a pound of “two row”. This is malted barley, meaning it has already been sprouted, then dried in a kiln to preserve the enzymes.

You can get barley seed and sprout it yourself, but the malted barley is what Clackamas Coots suggests.

2 Likes

Thanks @ReikoX! Do you know if I would still try and sprout it like regular sprouted seed tea or do I use it as is?

1 Like

I think fresh is better and cheaper. I don’t think all the enzymes stay preserved. But that’s my opinion. A lot of what I do spawns from Jim. He’s pioneered a lot of great techniques.

1 Like

You’d just grind soak and use the malted barley. It’s already been sprouted and dried so it’s basically a dried out sprout.

1 Like

Nope, it’s not necessary to sprout, its already been sprouted. I just grind it fresh and top dress with it.

The malting process is very scientific, they are specifically testing for optimal enzymes, particularly amylase. I don’t believe I have the same level of quality control as these malt houses.

2 Likes

Yea ! the Microbial — got great results.

1 Like

You may be correct! I’ve just feel like fresh is better. Maybe mine are malted. When you soak them they start fermenting. That’s why you have to wash them a few times per day or they will die when sprouting. So maybe when mine are done they are malted? Fresh malted. They probably have to dry them for beer, it would be hard to preserve fresh sprouts. Thoughts?

1 Like

It all works, I’ve sprouted my own barley seed before. I’ve also sprouted corn and cannabis in the past. I have not observed any difference between fresh sprouted vs top dressing with malted grains. Only difference is the time it takes to sprout them IME.

1 Like

They have the two row at the brew store. I cannot get fresh seeds locally. The two row is super cheap so Ill grab some and see how it goes.

I’m using what I have on hand but here’s the plan, I’ll grind up the malted barley and soak it with some BioAg Humic, blend up some of my wife’s aloe plant, add cocconut milk and maybe add some molasses/LAB for more activity? let it sit over night?. Does this sounds like the right track?

2 Likes

Ok so so when you sprout your barley it is then considered malted. I don’t think there’s any reason to kiln dry. I prefer the cheapest way and like to do things myself as much as possible. I did make a SST with malted barley sprouts and in my opinion fresh malted sprouts were better. Rather than a ferment extract.

2 Likes

Coots warns against letting this tea sit for longer than 4 hours as it will start fermentation.

Here is how I do it. Take your whole grains (don’t have them mill it at the brew store) and grind about a cup up in a coffee grinder or food processor. Top dress with that, then water it in with Ful Power, aloe, and coconut water (coconut milk is not what you want).

There are many paths to Nirvana. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes