Indicana Jones Rides Again (Part 1)

Woah. ALL of the leafs on these plants are Jurassic. I wanna say 4 of these plants are some bag seed he found from something called melonade. The other two are some extra L’orange glue fems I gave him. I grew several of the glues out and never had those chunky leaves.

Also… When he brought the plants over I saw the dreaded yellow sticky traps all in the soil. He told me they are just regular house gnats and not fungus gnats. Okay. Whatever you say. I’ve battled gnats before and won. I’ll do it again. Although, I haven’t seen any buzzing around so maybe they aren’t in the soil.

3 Likes

Just lurk around with the pup.
That 55 gal barrel find it black or have to paint?
Sorry for all the questions

9 Likes

You’re good man. I ended up in bed watching TikTok lol.

The barrel is black. I bought the whole system from www.htgsupply.com

I’ve been tweaking it this way and that way for a while to try and get it to best suite my needs. I’m pretty sure if we go on a hunt, we can find the various components for less than $660.

8 Likes

3 Likes

It looks like this site is a good source for buckets.

16 pack of 3.5 gallons at like $4 a piece

5 Likes

Here goes a source for drums. This one is 55 gallons for $80

4 Likes

Here are some fittings. Gonna want to get 3/4"

A 10 pack of straight
A 10 pack of 90s
2 10 packs of Tees

Also a 10 pack of straight 1/2"
$45 or so

https://www.hydrofarm.com/pumps-irrigation?pagenumber=7

3 Likes

At first glance, I thought for sure you were running DWC.

5 Likes

Looking forward to this. I have some of those same pre-98 bubba. Tagged. :sunglasses: :metal: :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Looks like you got it going on. I’m gonna hang out and watch you do your thing.:+1:
That system looks just like mine but BIGGER. :grin::green_heart:

2 Likes

I’m excited bro. I’ve been bullshitting around on popping them cuz I don’t want to fuck them up.

@blowdout2269 Maybe some day on the dwc. I’m too nervous to have that kind of flowing water shooting around on the second floor.

@Smoklahoma pull up a recliner. I’m just getting started.

7 Likes

Ah you got this. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Haha. I’m still gun shy from my first grow back in the game where I popped like 30 something beans and fried every thing down to 4 final plants :joy:

5 Likes

Oh, I don’t blame ya there!

4 Likes

It happens. If it wasn’t for curve balls, I would never learn anything.

4 Likes

Look dis @TopShelfTrees1 I know what you like😂

17 Likes

Okay for those so interested in my set up and how it works, I present to thee: The Big Boy

Reservoir

Control bucket

Control bucket to flood buckets

Flood buckets grouped into 3 staggered

Close up of float valve in control bucket

Close up of drain pump in control bucket

Close up of fill pump and air stones in reservoir

Close up of fill hose from reservoir to control bucket. The hose length is split in half and connected back together with a 1/2" straight connection. I drilled a hole clear through the connector. When the float valve rises and shuts off the cut off valve in the control bucket, the water still being pushed by the pump will be able to discharge from these small holes. This should save the pump from burning up until the timer cuts it off.

21 Likes

I’m digging it. :+1:

2 Likes

I like those Rizocor pots. Didn’t have to top water the seedlings. I started with the 10, I now use the 6. Looking good :+1:

1 Like

I should look into that too. Anything that keeps me from having to clean how ever much ridiculous amount of hydroton these 10s hold ever again haha.

4 Likes