Indicas, afghani - your experience?

Just finished some C99 plants, a back cross I did many years ago. Am looking for something that’s not quite so edgy. FWIW, the plants I grew looked like clones, they are very stable regarding phenotype. Had a male so I dressed a few branches of the ladies with some of his stuff and made some babies.

Hashplant, OG Kush, Master Kush, Afghani…are some of the varieties I’m looking at. I have a couple of Sensi Hindu Kush, Deep Chunk and others, just want a strain that will give us a relaxing body couch lock and may help my wife with her inflammation issues as well as other medical problems she has - depression, high blood pressure, anxiety, severe case of RA. Been growing sativas all my life. Time for a change.

Also, is it safe and are the seedbanks reliable? Been 17 years or more since I ordered seeds. Looking at a few like https://ilgm.com/collections/feminized-seeds?aff=5616&aff=seed-bank-ship-usa

https://www.marijuana-seeds.nl/?aw_affiliate=eyJjYW1wYWlnbl9pZCI6IjciLCJ0cmFmZmljX3NvdXJjZSI6Im5vX3NvdXJjZSIsImFjY291bnRfaWQiOjEwMX0&cmid=seed-bank-ship-usa

Thanks,
UB

4 Likes

Crop King doesn’t have a good rep iirc… no xp with them but should be easy to search and find a reference. type Crop king in the search box here.

5 Likes

crop king seeds are b=not good, ill never order from them as ive heard way too much bad.
if you’re in the states
i use
Products Archive - (sooregonseeds.com) -Southern oregon seeds, ive ordered from them many times and they hook you up on freebies. you send a money order in

otherwise there is neptuneseedbank.com they take debit and cards with a fee, real good and nice freebies
last there is heavenlyconnected seeds, they use debit and other cards for a fee, but not much in freebies.
last seedsman.com have a lot of different breeders and many strains, take debit and other cards for a fee, bad part is the order takes a while to get to you like 2 months.
if you’re not in the usa then you may have more options

5 Likes

I.have had great luck ordering from James.bean co. From Kwikseeds (Real seed co)/from Next Generation, and LumberJack, Real Gorilla, Headie Gardens (not currently operational)
Kwikseeds has lots of heirlooms and landraces at low…prices…and he is fast.

6 Likes

Dynasty or Sannies seeds ,black market breeders , a couple locals that are on this site @ShitSeeds @Kakalak @CoastalMarySeeds
Guess it all depends on where your at .
I’m sure I’m forgetting a bunch of others that frequent this site .

7 Likes

I would not recommend crop king. I made that mistake once and never again.

3 Likes

Try weedseedsexpress.com, cheap prices and fast shipping, you may like their Big Bud.

2 Likes

I happen to agree with @ShiskaberrySavior …with absolutely no bias

3 Likes

Incredible links, will check them all out and thanks.

Wow, realseeds.com is unreal. Strain history, locations, is fascinating. So no problems shipping to the states? Lebanese - The Real Seed Company - Landrace Strain Cannabis Seeds

4 Likes

Hi Uncle Ben! Good to see you back, I’ve been reading your old posts on RIU for years. The seed banks are safe and generally trustworthy, especially the ones you see people vetting here in the Breeders and Seedbanks forums.

My favorite seedbanks to deal with are:

-DC Seed Exchange
-Headie Gardens
-Great Lakes Genetics (GLG)
-James Bean Company (JBC)

I’ve also had good luck ordering directly from the following breeders:
-Fleur De Mal Seeds @Baudelaire
-Synergy Genetics @SCJedi
-Hazeman/Infinity Genetics

There are a lot of good indicas out there, maybe you would have luck with one of @bodhi 's Deep Line Alchemy crosses of vintage landrace indicas to his 88G13/HP dad? I haven’t grown one myself yet but they have a reputation of being very heavy hitters, indica sleepers. There’s a great and huge thread here on Overgrow tracking Bodhi’s strains and people’s experiences with them called “Bodhi Plant and Seed guide”.

You could also put a post up on the Trading Post page asking for medicinal indicas, maybe high-CBD or CBG ones especially? There are so many good seeds floating around from preservation runs and such I’m sure someone could help you out, especially if you have some seeds from your long history with the plant to barter with.

7 Likes

I would recommend looking at some of the offerings by Cricket And Cicada seeds. You will find what you are looking for in everything they offer.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, sure appreciate the advice.

Appreciate the response and great advice Dirt_Wizard. Glad you’ve enjoyed my ditties. They must have made sense after all. :slight_smile:

Can’t kiss all the purty ladies. Seems many of ya’ll are giving it good go, hah!

Tio

1 Like

@OldUncleBen also check out Great Lakes Genetics and Soaknbeans.

2 Likes

@OldUncleBen
To get real seeds co in USA you have to order from their sister site called Kwikseeds
He is quick.too and sends lots of freebies
Some strains do not germinate well bit he always warns about those and about any possible modern contamination of landraces

5 Likes

If your wife has depression you want her to be smoking a good sativa strain more up lifting than couch lock

3 Likes

@anon98660487
I get what you are saying…but I have a bubba hash from ACE that’s high in some.terpenee (alpha pinene?)
that makes me feel happy the next day after helping me sleep.
This pheno is high in cbd as well

3 Likes

Tio,
I love Indica’s and have a vast collection of them. Could send you a number of strains for you to try that I have enjoyed. HMU

7 Likes

We smoked some C99 last night. I could tell she was a bit anxious. I enjoyed it a lot. She went to bed, I watched a recorded Coldplay concert in Sao Paulo…for the 10th time on the big screen. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Thanks OJ. Am a bit overwhelmed with all the offers and such. Appreciate the kind offer.

This is a great community. All gardeners are generous and special. My specialty now is grafting tropical fruit trees. I have been gifted the best of the best mango and avocado scions from big time Florida (mango) and a SoCal fruit grower.

11 Likes

The landrace team isn’t as straightforward to order from because you have to email them and get a response back, but as near as I can tell they do actually put in the legwork to source landrace genetics.

If you’re looking for genuine Afghani cultivars they have Mazar-i-Sharif (from the area around the city of the same name), Spin Ghar (from around the mountain in eastern Afghanistan of the same name), and Deep Chunk (heirloom strain from Afghan genetics collected in the 1970s)

4 Likes