Best Hindu Kush?

About 20 years ago I grew some WW x Hindu Kush (K2) from homegrown fantaseeds. I would really like to find a nice Hindu kush as the smell brings back good memories. Curious if anyone has any suggestions for a good one in seed form? Wish I could get my hands on Bodhi’s ‘Old school hindu kush’. :v:

4 Likes

Have been hearing good things lately about the afghan selections seeds. I would have grabbed most of them had they not been so ridiculously expensive in my opinion. Ironic to me when all the posts are about them needing to be preserved or they’ll disappear but they’re even out of the price range of a seed fanatic like me let alone the average seed customer. Extremely interesting stuff nonetheless though. I don’t doubt a lot of the popular breeders are going to be making a lot of new exciting hybrids with this kind of stuff and with what fullpowerselections and the rest have been releasing the past while.

Quite a few stores now carry their stuff.
https://oregoneliteseeds.com/product-category/afghan-selection/

8 Likes

Cool, thanks man! I dunno, I don’t consider $100 a pack ridiculously expensive, unless I’m missing something?

4 Likes

No problem. When you are a seed fanatic and one pack is not enough it adds up real quick :smile:

4 Likes

World of seeds Afghani Kush has a really kushy flavor. It can even be overwhelming if you aren’t used to it. Has that sandy hashy texture. I think it’s pretty good, and not too expensive.

I really like centennial seeds dakini kush so far as a breeding partner, but that’s a bubba kush / Hindu Kush hybrid. I got some purple maze kush as freebies from new420guy that I feel pretty optimistic about as well. There’s also master kush, acsb.co has a Hindu, seedsman has narkush, real seeds has several options of unworked varieties. The list goes on!

9 Likes

I can only imagine! I don’t think I have reached seed fanatic level yet - but I’m going to keep working at it! ;):v:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your answer! I’ll be honest, I’m terrible at describing smells. Generally speaking, I don’t like kushes. But there’s something about the smell of Hindu that gets me. Maybe it’s just nostalgia lol. I grew out Hashmaster from Bros Grimm, and it had a similar smell to it (Hindu kush in the linage). I wouldn’t mind finding a good breeder as well. So far, these have interested me the most, but I’m not sure where I can get them in the US:

5 Likes

If theres enough interest I can do a preservation of bodhis old school hindu.
Itll be a couple months tho before I can start as I just started 25 death bubba seeds to hunt.

Ill do a poll w a few diff rare bodhi oacks when im ready and see what the people choose.
Cheers

28 Likes

Hell yeah! That would definitely get my vote! :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Helll yes…im thinking of a seed run a few months from now…no bodhi tho. One of these discontinued greenpoint crosses.

5 Likes

Oh yeah!
Love to see what you’re bringing to the party @Craigson15.
Death Bubba sounds pretty tasty, too!

5 Likes

One of my fav strains taste wise. Kush and gas mix.

5 Likes

Think I’ve got something special for you. On headiegardens one of the current auction items is hindu hashplant which is the la hindu x 88g13hp. It doesn’t have a buy now price like some of the others though so not sure how much you’d have to bid. Seems like a pretty good hindu cross to me

2 Likes

I saw those, thank you! I bid on them, but didn’t get the bid. And I was really looking for a plain Hindu Kush if all possible. Many thanks! :v:

2 Likes

For sure bro, hope you find that Hindu!!

2 Likes

You should enter the Sweet Afghani seed giveaway by Sweet Seeds…just started Sweet Seeds are back with yet another delicious promo for #TEAMVAULT @George_The_Vault
Might get lucky and find something close to what you’re looking for.

Edit: aaaahh…hindu kush…not afghani…sorry, got my eastern geography jumbled.

3 Likes

Lol, honestly, my eastern geography isn’t any better. Hopefully this will help us all. :slight_smile:

From Wiki:
The Hindu Kush commonly taken to mean Hindu Killer or Kills the Hindu in Persian, also known in Ancient Greek as the Caucasus Indicus or Paropamisadae, is an 800-kilometre-long (500 mi) mountain range that stretches through Afghanistan,[6][7] from its centre to northern Pakistan and into Tajikistan and China. The commonly assumed meaning refers to the Indian slaves who died due to its harsh weather.[3][4]

It forms the western section of the Hindu Kush Himalayan Region (HKH)[8][9][10] and is the westernmost extension of the Pamir Mountains, the Karakoram and the Himalayas. It divides the valley of the Amu Darya (the ancient Oxus) to the north from the Indus River valley to the south. The range has numerous high snow-capped peaks, with the highest point being Tirich Mir or Terichmir at 7,708 metres (25,289 ft) in the Chitral District of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. To the north, near its northeastern end, the Hindu Kush buttresses the Pamir Mountains near the point where the borders of China, Pakistan and Afghanistan meet, after which it runs southwest through Pakistan and into Afghanistan near their border.[6] The eastern end of the Hindu Kush in the north merges with the Karakoram Range.[11][12] Towards its southern end, it connects with the Spin Ghar Range near the Kabul River.[13][14]

3 Likes

I had an Punjab buddy who told me kush means friend or something…kush mountains = freind mountains…despite the war going on between India and Pakistan.

2 Likes

Here’s some ideas for what I know you can get in the US:

https://dankseed.store/genetics?olsPage=products%2Fworld-of-seeds-pure-origin-afghan-kush

http://acsb.co/the-menu-hindu-kush-heirloom.html

4 Likes

Wow! Thank you so much! Running to work, but I will check these out later!!

1 Like