Colour is coming back in the 2 clones.

2 Likes

Yesterday

3 Likes

THRIPS!!!

! Grrrrrrrr

1 Like

3 Likes

Well went into the garden today for a second dose of peroxide water and there were no thrips visible before I sprayed afterwards I noticed the water sticking to 100s of spider webs and actual sac spiders exploding away from the death water. these were tiny fellas smaller than this wolf they were too quick to escape into hiding before I got my phone out. There were a few larger ones but most looked like freshly hatched. Gunna keep an eye on this

1 Like

OMG, I hate spiders, that visual has me itching
:spider: :scream:

Well spiders are my friend right now lol. It appears I I forgot to add cal mag ammendment to my mix and now am using molasses to combat the deficiency. Seems I forgot more than I realized lol.

2 Likes

Feel free to throw out suggestions or observations, I know this is a diary but I’m ok with dialogues. Gotta refresh my memory some how. The plants will do it im sure, but it will be less messy with outside eyes if anyone sees anything

Did some defoliating of the king tut plant which appeared to be the only plant affected by thrips have continued to spray the plant and soil with peroxide daily in Hope’s of killing the 5 day cycle I’ve seen them sporadically less and less also fed a second feeding of molasses. Have any of you guys used molasses? I’m using 7.5 ml per half gallon.

5 Likes

Update continued spraying if peroxide on all plants and soil thrips seem to have been taken care of will continue regimen indefinitely.

6 Likes

Nice job getting rid of those thrips so quickly (hopefully lol). They look a bit underfed to me, not necessarily just cal/mag but maybe phosphorous too? I’d just bump up whatever you’re feeding them a bit. Besides that looking good!

2 Likes

I’ll have to make some adjustments that’s for sure, thanks for the advice. I found out thrips are sensitive to peroxide in all but the adult stage so you can kill them quick fast by dumping it in the soil I used a mister to soak the whole space cuz I’m just a huge fan of the stuff plants dirt walls floor floor outside the tent etc. I am only spraying the plants and soil now, I’m not seeing any new damage or any other life stages. I really dont want them again so I’m just gunna keep pounding it to it. The peroxide may also be the reason I seem to be starving my plants not enough food being released by the mix perhaps gunna have to make some teas may also need to improve my mix aswell

2 Likes

That’s a good call. Once you don’t see anymore keep blasting for a while, they’re sneaky

2 Likes

Well changed it up a bit and added milk to my foliar spray mix. My understanding is that the lactose kills the pests as they dont have a pancreas, it also is an exceptional foliar feeding product.

Just realized I havent posted any photo updates. The plants are turning around getting green again. Still no sign of bugs. Sprayed my last peroxide spraying this morning, went to a 5:1 water milk solution. When I fed the plants Imight have over did it or it could have simply been leaves that were already damaged. Today I watered without any nutrients to be cautious will feed some tea molasses mix next watering. Then I will return to a regular feeding schedule.tidied up my space removed the empty pots the bulbs and rearranged everything anyway heres the pics. Took some through the mylar.

2 Likes

Update’ fed today restarted training the plants have seen one or two thrips but that’s it. keeping up the regimen of milk water looks like I damn near lost the one plant but she’s coming back hopefully she can Bush up a bit wont be taking many clone if shr cant grow em!
20200313_163131|281x500

2 Likes

Well it’s time cut a chunk of clones. Photos to come

Well here it is the pics my lil tent

3 Likes

Update so the worst hit plant has come back wonderfully the king tut is almost too bushy and I think I’m still messing up my nutrient mix maybe too much of something or residual effects from the over nuting a few weeks ago as it’s not the newest growth it’s the slightly older stuff. Been mixing a blend of milk molasses and a dash of epsom salt. Any input from OG would be appreciated.
Edit: dont mind the milk residue on the leaves…also still no thrips and clones are doing well

2 Likes

5 Likes