Indoor run#1 mother’s for clones

What are you feeding them? I read about the milk, molasses and Epsom but are you giving them something else too? They look hungry…

I wouldn’t recommend watering them with milk btw, I don’t think it would offer much in the way of nutrients (maybe calcium :skull_and_crossbones: haha) and it will definitely encourage pest and fungal growth.

1 Like

Well milk has proven antifungal properties
" Numerous studies have shown milk and/or whey to be even more effective at killing powdery mildew than chemical fungicides. In a 2009 study by the University of Connecticut, which tested a milk treatment of 40% milk and 60% water on plants infected with powdery mildew, “the milk treatment provided significantly less disease than the untreated control, and the chemical treatment had equal or significantly less disease than the milk.” Scientists are not sure why milk is so effective, but they believe that when milk interacts with the sun,(UV) it produces free radicals that are toxic to the fungus."

It is also rich in proteins and other vitamins and minerals, the proteins when broken down provide nitrogen mind u not as much as I would like, the medium I’m using is 33% sheep manure 33% castings and 33% promix. I think I messed up my soil base with the amount of peroxide I was using. Also the space I’m growing in is leaky when it rains and as a result anything I leave outside the lighted area starts to grow something aside from itself. I used the same recipe last summer and it worked great.

2 Likes

Well added batguano tea to the mix today fed the plants again. Hopefully this helps. Beacher do you have any recommended organic ferts? I pulled the one clonetht w dying

4 Likes

Went to the store got some bood meal, bone meal, fish fert, chicken manure seaweed extract will feed with a tea next week in Hope’s of amending the surface and it will leach down aswell. Anyone out there with experience amending ‘soil’ with the plant in the soil would be an awesome resource to me right now.

3 Likes

Careful with the blood meal, it tends to be hot. I would stick with the fish and seaweed. Maybe do a top dress of the bone since it takes a while for it to compost.

2 Likes

Chicken manure in my experience needs to be older or its hot as well when using fresher stuff we would till it in the year before

2 Likes

When you guys say hot do you mean acidic?

1 Like

Yes I mean acidic

1 Like

Thanks for the tips guys

1 Like

Been a little over 12 hours since I split half gallon of a tea made from a mix of everything ph’d to 6.5 after simmering on the stove for 45 minutes, left the solids in as a top dressing, allowed to stand for 3 hours ph remained stable so I fed it to them came out to 800 ppm. I dunno if it’s just me but they look better, purple is receding from the stems and new growth is showing no purple stem new growth looks lush and a cut a surprise clone while defoliating and clearing all the under growth got a few before and after pics. What do you guys think

!

2 Likes

Have roots from the first batch of clones lost 1 clone lost 2 from the second batch. All 3 were king tut clones you can see one in the pics. Leaving domes off for a few hours.

1 Like

About a day after the tea

2 Likes

Well sir you were right I’d say

2 Likes

They’re eating that up for sure!

Bat guano and fish ferts are definitely great. Kelp is always good too. I’ve never really used dry amendments like bone/blood meal so I’m not sure about those. I think some of them need to be broken down in the soil for a while before they become available to the plants.

1 Like

All the clones but 1 was dead today. Not sure what happened. Guess I gotta take more.

Thinking I kept them too moist and thay caused their demise. Cutting new clones rooting in moist promix with liquid seaweed solution as per directions on bottle (very weak solution) sterilized everything . Clones are soaking in solution for 1 hour, then will dab excess moisture off dip in rooting gel and place in their rooting trays

Update

2 Likes

So I think I’m still running light on the N. Gunna increase PPM of fish concentrate and see if this will fix it

2 Likes

All of my king tut clones except one died all the nor’Easter clones survived so far… using sterilized shears clone gel and a humidity dome not sure what I’m doing wrong. Also looking into picking up a lil hydro cloner. Any recommendations would be appreciated even a diy set up I have all required lighting.

2 Likes

I have always just used peat pucks. I just cut at a 45 degree angle then used a razor to light scrape the bottom inch. Then dip in root hormones and stick it in the peat pellet. Keep covered and mist with assay bottle several times a day. Be sure to keep the humidity plenty high and dont mess with them