Indoornesian's second annual 16-18 oz. Cup Challenge! Members Only Gear!

Yes good point. It’s cold downstairs tonight, I had to put the little heater on in the flower room with the heat from the lights.

7 Likes

Really bummed I missed this… guess with my 2 hips and setting up the new tent setup I ran out of time… lol. But what a cool read thru of what you peeps are all up to…
I do have 1 question: If this is a true Solo Cup challenge… shouldn’t it be limited to JUST the solo cup. I see stacking going on and a lot of hydro with roots going into a large bucket. I know it’s for fun, but just seems like it should be all the same size solo cups and all your allowed to do is poke holes in it like
PotPotPot did.

Man, we even did shot glass grow contests and I was amazed at what some of these people can do when challenged… lol.

As long as your having fun I guess eh? and some of you are simply killing it.

9 Likes

The stacked one I have going isn’t part of the contest. Just for shits and giggles.

5 Likes

Maybe it should be a Solo Cup contest and a solo cup plus contest “SOLO” LOL

4 Likes

Day after flipping. I’ll pick a few finishers once the parts start popping

14 Likes

How are you folks keeping the roots in the cup? I can’t.

18 Likes

There’s no holes in the bottom of my cup, so the roots haven’t tried growing out of them yet. Note, there is a hole in the side of my cups, hempy bucket style.

9 Likes

I let them dry out in between waterings. at 24/0 with the temps being 25c on average that only takes a few hours so it’s AM and PM waterings for me :rofl:

10 Likes

I’m still watering once per day, but expect to need to up it to twice per day soon. I made the “resivoir” a bit deeper and added more vermiculite than I normally would.

9 Likes

I think I just have a weak root system so far lol

8 Likes

Air. lol cup is not in anything.

3 Likes

When they start poking out the bottom, I snip them off with my thumbnail.

I am top and bottom watering, twice a day right now. Morning each cup gets 90ml of feed, just enough to start runoff, and 120ml in the saucer. Repeat at night.

8 Likes

lol.

What’s run-off?

(aka: I water just to the edge of run-off like it’s Plant S&M :wink: )

5 Likes

I think its when ur smoking outside and fuzz pull up and you “” RUN OFF “”…:rofl::joy::trophy:

its when u water from top enought water too come out the bottom of container. That water is called the run off… Happy holidays my fam

1 Like

Oh I was being totally sarcastic :rofl:

They way I grow I see run-off 1x a month when i flush the hell outa my bitches. :wink:

6 Likes

Are they Blue Lab’s? That’s a wild failure rate…

2 Likes

:joy::rofl::trophy:.:joy:.:rofl::dash::dash:. Ur to much lol.

1 Like

by chance did you do the three point calibration before you used it? even the good ones require calibration. they usually include the three references as little packets of powder that you mix with ro water.

2 Likes

I use a small soldering iron so I can hear them scream, one by one. Once I’m halfway through the other roots have retracted spontaneously. I’m Severely disappointed they don’t have leather covered solo cups, like those dice cup things. :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

My current personal favourite meter and I’m using my second in 4 years. I murdered the 1st one from use and follow these rules:

1. Calibrate to 7.0 at minimum 1x a month.
  2. Before calibration clean with designated toothbrush in distilled water.
  3. 1x a month squeeze out fluid in sensor sponge and add a few drops of fresh storage solution.

If anyone thinks this is OCD a growmie that know from a shop has 3x meter’s on him in his kit anytime he goes to do a house-call. :rofl:

:metal:

9 Likes