inh genetik hermo

hello, I’ve been growing inh genetics for a while and everything was fine until it started dropping herm. Maybe someone can advise how to avoid herm?
growing conditions are ideal…

4 Likes

Hello Germankinggrower1,
Welcome to OG.
I do not use InHouseGenetics, myself, many do, around here.
I would first send them my results, and see what they reply with.
I always thought they were solid, with customer satisfaction.
If you get the verbal run around, seek another breeder.
The explosion of so many new seed providers, many are offering great prices.
Best of luck in your future seed buying forays.

7 Likes

hello, thanks for the advice, but I have already written to them and have not received any response from them several times. I am already looking for a new breeder

2 Likes

@Germankinggrower1
Welcome to OG :+1::heart::+1:

First off I’m curious what strain from in-house genetics was it that hermied?
If growing conditions are ideal then well yes it could be simply genetics I would suggest taking as many photos as you can and yes first consulting in house genetics customer service… good luck :+1::heart::+1:

1 Like

Ok thenks i will do :relieved:

Sorry this is your experience, sadly I’ve been hearing so much bad stuff about IHG and had an experience myself . They don’t like to respond to anything g negative. What kind of stuff do you like? Maybe I can help point you to other breeders ? Personally I love @JAWS gear, dominion, Strayfox, @schwaggyp , CSI Humboldt, Crickets and Cicada, Bodhi @Tonygreen even Katsu and I’m hoping to get some @dinopartychucks into the mix soon too.

6 Likes

Sometimes you can alter growing conditions to stop herms. I was growing a Namkading landrace that hermed. The entire population of seven plants, male and female, all hermed. I was growing them under 10/14. I reran my clones on 12/12, no herm.

I’ve had similar experiences, where the only difference was that the plant grown from seed hermed but its clones didn’t. I don’t have enough data, but it would be too cool :thinking: to find out that cloning can reduce herms.

Most people will tell you if it herms, chop it and lay waste to its genetic heritage. I’ll usually do that if I can’t isolate it. But I wonder about linked genes, and how much goodness is linked to a herm pathway. So if I can, I’ll harvest once just to know what I’m throwing away.

3 Likes

thanks for the help, I will try this option as well