Seeded marijuana issues

Ok so I have a problem with continued seeds in my medical medicine I grow . Strain specific would be : Dosie Do, Bannana Split , platinum tangie, . I have check genetics , light over flow , nuitrient lines , switched soil . Is there any other issue I am over looking , tempature in indoor room perhaps causing stress to the plants . It’s becoming a real issues . I do not have a/c , yes on outside airflow .fans so on . Dehum. If you have any other ideas be great , they are cloned plants from mothers .

2 Likes

Id think quite possibly temp issues :wink: How bad are they seeding? Any chance of contamination from males in other areas? Have you dropped any of them to see what you get, find any males in there it wont be from herm, id sure like to drop some of the dosidos hehe :thumbsup: Generally in the warmer months I see a seed here and there even on some of my most solid girls :wink:

1 Like

I think it is room temperature issues I have a tempature gauge reading the temps , but with the ac I believe it is causing the seeds , it’s a lot of seeds . People get mad with the pop . Extracts people don’t care for their process but the avid smokers do . A cycle can be hit or miss with it being a few per pound , or as many as 100-200 it’s not good .

1 Like

Is your timer the mechanical pin type? Sometimes a pin will pop up turning your lights on for a bit then off again during night cycle.

4 Likes

how extreme are your temps id be quick to agree with ryasco with some kind of lighting issue your not popping in for a quick look see during a dark cycle are you? if not that id say hermaphrodite or pollination from something

2 Likes

Any light leeks? What r ur temps? I don’t see an a/c doing it unless it’s blowing really cold air on them non stop, and even then I only think the plants closest to the A/c would be affected. Why have we ruled out it being a HERM issue?

2 Likes

are these plants from seed or clone, and are all plants affected the same strain? Perhaps your mother plants are hermaphrodites already

2 Likes

I would set up a sleeping cot next to girls and camp out with them though with heavy terpes close by it might induce heavy sleep !

It’s clearly a Hermie causing the trouble, and if you’re growing out the seeds you’re collecting, it’s just gonna get worse. Hermies can be caused by negative stimuli, but only if it’s already in the genes. We had a two year old cut Hermie for the first time, ever, this summer when the power went out during a heat wave. Temps hit 103f/40c for up to three days, and even then it was the only strain in the room to do so.
So we booted it.
You’ve gotta go thru the strains and determine which is causing the Hermie issue, and remove the entire gene pool from your garden. No growing out the seeds you’ve produced either, because at least one parent is clearly a Hermie, maybe both.

7 Likes

I completely agree with the above post.

1 Like

I too have had plants run just fine in the winter only to hermi on me once it for warm in the summer. This was before I got AC in my workshop.

2 Likes

The only way to tell which one is causing the problem is to spot the hermie. Check the flowers around week 4-6. It should be easy to spot, but sometimes they hide in the inside of a calyx. It’s probably environment related. Personally I would toss all of em and start over.

3 Likes

Another way would be to monocrop. Then throw away the one that seeds.

2 Likes

check the lower, shaded nugs, that’s where the bananas are often hiding.

3 Likes

i often read everything i can for nuggets of gold information this would be a nuggy

1 Like

Right !! I think so , time for all new genetics . Ugh what a shit show . Yeah an feminized seeds are culprits to hernies also, but it has to be taken care of , I was hoping some weird thing I have over looked , an bada boom bada bang it would be erradicated. Ya nope . Thank you !

1 Like

I got the strains from wattsonvill ca , so they too could be from feminized seeds