Insects - barnacles/scale insect

brought 4 plants in from the outside (glad my room was empty) after two day - checking the plants WOW!! the entire stalk, branches had these little “shits”( for a picture of GrowWeedEasy (plant insects) So I cleaned the plants moved them out side for keeps and going to clean the room — They must come from the soil - I ues 2nd generation soil — any thoughts, comments

2 Likes

Not an easy task because of their protective shell (eggs below), most insecticides won’t harm them, only neem oil will suffocate them, you can also look for predators like :beetle::beetle:beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

so they come from the soil not airborne

Females stick to the stem, but males fly … icon_e_surprised|nullxnull

2 Likes

Thanks - found a bug on a seedling in grow room --killed it - good info Have had mites before (outdoords) 1st infesting ever in doors. Seems that if you grow with tomatoes your plants always end up with mites

1 Like

If not in flower, or if in flower for a seed run where you’re not going for consumables SAFERS END ALL!!

Mix 50ml with 1000ml of tap water, shake like hell, soak down the plants.

I usually go OCD and soak with enders, let dry, wash the plant with water, let grow a few days, then do it all again… and maybe in 2-3 days time… again.

Gotta break the life cycle and this has brought me much success with many critters; usually in winter as I have a lot of tropical houseplants that move inside for the winter and even though they are sprayed down sometimes things still find a way…

Best of success @hawkman

2 Likes

Great info —Thanks !!!