Interest in all natural solution to fight microbes on Cannabis & Hemp

Hey All,

Haven’t grown since college (yes, more than a decade ago) but started talking to a healthcare company about their all natural product.that starves bad microbes, while promoting good microbes. And I think that is perfect for grows!

But I am not sure if it would be best for topical spray use (on plant) or additive to watering / hydro reservoir… Or offer two formulas for each use case.

I want to know what you all think and if this is something that would be in high demand.

We are about 1.5 - 2 months from testing, so let me know if you are interested in testing this product out (ideally looking for large growers to participate)

Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Woo I’m sure you will find many of us willing to try It out👍 hopefully you have a great product

2 Likes

In a healthy organic system, I have never encountered “bad microbes”.

Love to see what you have.

:eye:

99%

3 Likes

Since we really don’t know much about what your natural product is, it’s hard to say whether it should be applied to the roots or as a foliar. You’ll need to give us more information.

For plants, take a look at Mycorrhiza and beneficial bacteria. These are microbes/fungi that build a beneficial relationship with the roots, supplying nutrients/hormones and competing with less desirable colonies, but are most applicable for a soil type media.

Some reports are that Yucca extracts are good for promoting beneficials while attacking harmful microbes. But, I haven’t seen enough scientific data supporting that.

3 Likes

So it’s actually really cool. The product is actually derived from living microbes. When introduced to your system, it starves anaerobic (bad) microbes & promotes aerobic (good) microbes.

Hoodini --> I hope so! Medicinal Marijuana’s biggest drawback is microbe content makes finished product a health hazard. Let’s eliminate this major point for the haters!.
@99PerCent --> Bad microbes like Bud rot & slimy roots (not sure what it is called)
@Northern_Loki --> You are spot on. Mycorrhiza / Trichoderma are aerobic (good) microbes and will be promoted.

FOR TOPICAL USE: I figure all microbes are bad. So the product can be re-formulated to starve all microbes.

• White Powdery mildew & Bud Rot are so painful (had both problems back in the day).
    I figure saving a plant with bud rot instead of killing it would be amazing! (killing a child to save the litter makes me cry inside)

If there are any questions or concerns about something like this, let me know! We are re-formulating for agricultural use right now and we can make changes to address your feedback.

Hey Hoodini, I wanted to mention you in my response, but only allowed to mention 2 users in post (OG newbie).

Dig your posts and will definitely keep you in mind when we are ready for testing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

what kind of microbes are we talking about? health care company - you mean digestive microbes? I’m guessing the ones that live on plant leaves are different bacteria???

1 Like

Good point & smart observation!

Yes, the current health care product focuses on probiotic / gut health.

The product works by generally targeting microbes by metabolism type (aerobic / anaerobic)

This means, after re-formulation, it will be tailored specifically for cannabis / hemp plant needs.

But I think the most important thing about the product (in terms of it originating from the health care industry) is that it is super safe, non-evasive & all natural. The health care product is consumed orally.

1 Like

@Dev-O
I would be glad to test for you :grin::+1: when you are ready you know where to find me :wink:

1 Like

Sounds like L.A.B to me.

3 Likes

?L.A.B?

I am not sure what you mean by that @ReikoX

1 Like

Lactobacillus acidophilus bacteria

5 Likes

@Dev-O you should check out @reikox thread too bro! If he is willing he should be a tester before me👍

Oh, got you! Actually, the product doesn’t contain LAB (aerobic bacteria), but it does promote it’s growth.

To be clear, there are no active bacteria cultures in the product. It contains organic compounds produced by various types of microbes (bacteria, fungus, algae, mold) to create a metabolic response in microbes already present.

Means longer shelf life and completely non-evasive solution. I think that is pretty cool.

2 Likes

Dude, @ReikoX (btw, love your multi-compartment closet grow!) and everyone else on this thread with proven grow ops (don’t want too many external variables during trials) will be invited to join the trials once the re-formulation is complete :smiley:

Our goal is to improve the quality of natural medicine, through natural solutions. If we can do that, I could die knowing I helped make other people’s lives better… besides my family’s (hopefully they think I do already, lol)

1 Like

Hey @Dev-O
I like the sound of your product and I’d be happy to test it if enough…
Cheers,
Gaz

1 Like

Sounds good Gaz29!

I just spoke to the company. I should have the trial samples near the end of September.

I will keep you all posted!

That’s was my line of thinking or along the lines of EM-1.

1 Like

Hey Tinytuttle, love your grow journal!

I just looked at EM-1 and it contains live bacteria.

Our product does not have live microbes in them, it promotes healthy microbes and starves bad microbes that are already in the environment.

So it sounds like the end result is similar, but our product has no living organisms, which means uses beyond just root health.

I will keep you posted about the product and see if you are interested in testing it out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love trying out new products. Right up my alley. Let me know whats up.

1 Like