Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 1)

Ya got me :smiley: But then again, who doesn’t love it here? :smiley:

3 Likes

Love ya bro. We have fun. That makes it go better. One LOVE @Nagel420

5 Likes

Welcome aboard

6 Likes

Cool name @lunchpale . Had a friend called him chicken salad. Because that’s what he ate all the time. I was trying to figure out your picture. I know that hurt.

1 Like

Yeah that and throat hurt like a mofo

2 Likes

no, I don’t think “quimik or CheBleu hang on there , Muir ??” is over there.

and of course that makes you an old timer.

when I say “very old members”, I’m talking predate OG and were members of “the77”.

3 Likes

Howdy, the old and original Uncle Ben here. Just signed up.

Man, did we have some fun times back in the day. I’m wondering if any of the oldies like Erliquin, The Penguin, Shanti, and of course Soul are still around. I grew out a back cross I had done years ago of C99. It is a fine high, a bit edgy. The Fruitloops taste is there. Weird as the trichome bed is almost non existent to the naked eye. (At my age of 72 though it stands to reason". Anyhoo, take care.

Attached is one of the “fun” times I archived, like at Planet Ganja, another old site we hung at. I have them (posts) all dating back to the teens.

Tio

Here is my recommendations for the short and long term storage of buds in order to protect their
flavor and potency:

SHORT TERM: Place buds in a ziplock bag, quart size or da magnum size 1 gallon, roll up the
baggie to exclude as much air as possible, zip it up and store in the fridge.

LONG TERM: Store buds in glass, like quart Ball canning jars or larger, and flush with CO2 (if
you’re a homebrewer with a kegging system), or better still, use “Private Reserve Wine
Preservation”, available from your local wine vendor or from “The Wine Enthusiast”, (800)
356-8466, New York.

This a canister containing a mix of N and CO2 under pressure used to lay a blanket of inert gas
over wine after the wine bottle has been uncorked. It comes with a long, small tube that fits into a
finger operated dispenser cap on top of the canister, like the WD40 dispensing setup. This tube is
used to direct the gas where you want it.

You can use the same method for treating buds as that which some use for treating brewing hops
for storage, since hops (a cannabis family member BTW) is susceptible to the same enemies as
cannabis - heat, light, and air. Before you place your buds in the glass container, flush the air out
of the container with a few bursts from the N2/CO2 canister, pack your buds in the glass
container (yes, it’s OK to bust the trichomes now), put the N2 tube down into the midst of the
goodies and hit it with a few short bursts. The goal here is to displace the air with a nice inert mix
of gas.

Screw on the band/lid and place the goodies in the freezer for long term storage (many years) if
you can stand it.

Good luck,
Uncle Ben

11 Likes

Am interested. Was a member of both OG and CW. The original Cannabis.com before those 2. Modded that place for a while until the shit hit the fan with the trolls and stuff.

UB

5 Likes

Howdy @OldUncleBen and welcome to OG 2.0…

I moved your posts here because this is a more appropriate, active thread.

8 Likes

Welcome back to the fold OldUncleBen I am sure you will have as much fun as you did before.

Great info on the bud storage :+1:

4 Likes

Hi @OldUncleBen, welcome back to OG!! And I can easily tell you, you’ll love to be back!!! Enjoy!

4 Likes

Welcome back Uncle Ben!
We have a good number of ‘old school’ members (Overgrow 1.0) here.

Check us out and see what you think. We have a lot of interesting projects going on right now.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Thanks! Will keep it clean and nice, but, I have too many groups I’m wedded to. Just thought I’d check on the old folks. Overgrow also has a Facebook page, which I’m sure you know about.

Later…

5 Likes

You guys hear about the mess Clark aka Plural of Mongoose got himself into? Sheesh! He’s in a detention center hospital now recovering from a nasty fall. Guy was into commissioning a hit on a fellow caught stealing from some underground narcotics ring called the Silk Road he was active in .

Lots of shade characters back the day. They’re either in prison or dead by now.
Gypsy got out of an attempt to extradite him from the UK.

Always something…

Take care fellas.

8 Likes

Welcome back @OldUncleBen , glad you found your way back to OG

3 Likes

Welcome @OldUncleBen .

3 Likes

Ah the old dark web! I used to buy droogz from Europe on silk road… We paid with Bitcoin, and it was worth about $16 per coin at the time. Wish I hadn’t spent it all on narcotics!
Glad you stopped by with the memory train Uncle Ben, welcomed aboard (again)!

5 Likes

Welcome Olduncleben

5 Likes

Thanks! Speaking of Silk Road…

Check this out! Just joined the Facebook group Overgrow Reunion. Looks like PoM aka Mr. Clark was quite the con. Is in a detention hospital after “taking a fall”.

3 Likes

Thanks bud, hope all is well with you and yours.

4 Likes