Investing in marijuana stocks

Scott’s MG currently owns the 3 lighting companies below;

2 Likes

This local company has great selections and they taste great. My close friend is tight with the owner and he recieved a large tester kit. And being the swell dude I am I offered to help review them. The things I do for friends

2 Likes

Dunno about you but I find it fitting that the cake is the colours of the canuck flag :rofl: I’d fuckin die for some weed cake though not gunna lie I’d prolly be their biggest customer.

2 Likes

The scary part about these dank delights is how good they taste. Great way to eat too much and get inside your own head

Full disclosure–I own this stock—I cannot be considered objective.

Good day for Scott’s MG, record earnings announced.
Their Hawthorne segments (cannabis) doing quite well.

2 Likes

One to be watching at the moment is Amfil Technogies (FUNN)…Gonna be a serious run in the next week or so. Auditited fins will be done, brought back to current (stop removed), uplist, spin-off, dividend shares in spinoff…it’s all coming together. Will post gains once they come…

2 Likes

Screenshot of my biggest “payday”…made 3 g’s in the first 12 minutes of the day…
Was making more money when I wasnt working…lol.

See book cost to market value…or just see intraday change…

3 Likes

@Tappy

Nowadays I am quite risk averse.
FUNN is a relatively small company which trades on the OTC Pink sheets.
It is what is known as a penny stock. OTC Pink sheet stocks are inherently risky.
They are much easier to manipulate because of the relatively small float.

Of course, that is not to say that tons of money can’t be made with penny stocks.
Fundamentally FUNN looks like it may very well pop big on the upside. It appears to trade
At around 8 cents a share. I will be doing a little more due diligence and maybe take a position.

I have not owned any OTC Pink stock since the 1980’s. Since I miraculously became old, I no longer trade the markets, and only buy large cap NYSE listed companies, and ETFs.

I will follow up.

FUNN Basics:

52 WEEK RANGE
0.0319 - 0.10
MARKET CAP
$36.85M
SHARES OUTSTANDING
495.92M
PUBLIC FLOAT
232.54M

3 Likes

I’ve never had much luck with the OTC or pink sheets with one exception, the GSEs (which was something unique). It seems you really need to be a day trader or “know” something inside. Trading on penny moves. Plus the amount of naked shorting and other shenanigans going on there makes looking at valuation less than useful. Not really like investing from my perspective.

6 Likes

That is a spot on bulls eye! Well said.

Back in the 1980s I accepted an offer to become head trader of a small boutique brokerage firm located in Palm Beach FL We had a great two year run, I was trading Munis, OTC corporate bonds. Treasuries, UITs. CMOs, MBS, etc. We also were market makers for about 5 different Canadian companies which traded on the Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal exchanges. So we became the lead US market maker on the Pink sheets for these stocks. Well, things went really well. Because the stocks all went up nicely, and as market makers, we could mark up the stock to the prevailing market price. We owned large blocks at very low prices.
Anyway, we attracted the attention of Merrill Lynch which we used for their clearing services.
So Merrill began to engage in aggressive naked short selling of our MM stocks.
It took them about a year to drive us out of business. This touched off a flurry of lawsuits, which basically ended in standoff.

Small cap, small float OTC/Pink sheet stocks are still susceptible to this type of manipulation.
Speculation at best. You need to get in and out quickly and watch your position very closely.

8 Likes

Anyone watching aurora? If you had bought in during last weeks low of $1.99 you would have made over 30% on your investment within 6 days hahah it’s selling today at $2.75

Super unstable fun eh!

4 Likes

Thanks for bumping this thread mongo I almost forgot about it lots of great info in here

2 Likes

The company is losing money, but for speculation only, I would only buy it lower than where it is currently trading.
This analyst think it is a $1 stock.
Regardless, it may bounce a little with earnings coming up in Feb.
I am too timid these days to play with this.
But for the more stout hearted it may be worth a shot, using gtc limit orders.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4317410-aurora-cannabis-legitimate-1-target

Earnings announcement* for ACB: Feb 10, 2020
Aurora Cannabis Inc. is estimated to report earnings on 02/10/2020. The upcoming earnings date is derived from an algorithm based on a company’s historical reporting dates. Our vendor, Zacks Investment Research, might revise this date in the future, once the company announces the actual earnings date. According to Zacks Investment Research, based on 6 analysts’ forecasts, the consensus EPS forecast for the quarter is $-0.04. The reported EPS for the same quarter last year was $-0.04.

I still own and like two cannabis play stocks.

Scotts Miracle Grow—SMG

Innovative Industrial Properties—IIRP

IIRP is at $83.25 today, and even at this price, it has a dividend yield of 4.8%.

I would buy more shares of IIRP at a 74 limit, My current cost basis is 69.

SMG is trading at $111 now and at this price has div yield of 2.08%
I would feel comfortable buying shares at about 100.

1 Like

How many shares does this company have issued to hope for a dollar a share while producing 105,000 kg lol?

Edit nevermind I’m a lil slow at the moment

Now this is a shameless stock promotion.
I own shares of this company.

I think that SMG is very well positioned to do quite well over the next couple of years.
I believe it has less severe downside risk relative to other cannabis stocks, and should provide some nice price appreciation. It also pays a dividend, and is making money now, and these earnings should increase nicely.

If I were younger, or less risk averse, I would be playing with some of the more volatile cannabis sector stocks.
But, alas, I am a Geezer.

Scotts Miracle-Gro (NYSE:SMG) can sell its products to cannabis operators anywhere in the country. Its stock price skyrocketed 73% in 2019 during a dismal period overall for marijuana-related stocks, and Scotts’ management team thinks the trends that helped it so much last year will continue into 2020.

Regardless of whether the cannabis in question is headed for recreational or medical use, Scotts’ Hawthorne Gardening subsidiary profits by providing growers with the equipment they need. The company has found tremendous success, for example, in Florida’s medical cannabis market. But new recreational markets would present it with an especially big growth opportunity.

You could argue that KushCo could be in the same position as Scotts in that it would likely be able to sell its products right out of the gate in any state that legalized cannabis. But while KushCo is still losing money every quarter, Scotts is profitable and should see its earnings grow by a double-digit percentage next year. For those looking to invest in the company that’s set to be the clearest winner from any expansion of the legal marijuana market in 2020, Scotts Miracle-Gro is the stock to buy.

Full article below

2 Likes

Amfil Technologies : FUNN
I’ve already posted this little penny stock before, but it’s about to get pretty serious…check it out and if you have an extra couple hundred bucks and like to gamble, it might be worth rolling the dice and holding for a few months. In all honesty, I’ve actually lost a bit of cash with this one, but I refuse to lose my current position…if anything, I’m adding on payday…
https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/08/22/1905376/0/en/Amfil-Technologies-Inc-Provides-Corporate-Update-on-the-Various-Initiatives-Throughout-its-Subsidiaries.html
Lots of info here, just have to dig through the bullshit…
https://investorshub.advfn.com/Amfil-Technologies-Inc-FUNN-12460/

2 Likes

Wish I had invested in a few earlier and sold quick could have made some quick money just on people’s inflated forcasts. I will be investing asap now that I have a free trading platform to use.
I plan on getting a few of the big players and gambling on some little guys.
Cannabis companies are high risk but I’m thinking about the products all cannabis growers use as a invest also. Not every gold miner struck gold but they all bought a shovel …

3 Likes

Can I ask what platform you use?

I’m using a program called Robinhood it has zero commisions or trade fees.