Irie Genetics "Blue Raspberry Truffle" seed repro, thank you for supplying @JustANobody

I, so meant to be a better documentarian, I still suck at it. I’ll try to be better. Part of my lack of posting was dealing with a small bug uprising. Looks like I beat the fuckers back, but there will still be a couple more treatments of the one and done.

All 4 are still alive although there is a definite runt, number 4 is still on the struggle bus, but we’ll keep trying. I got the go ahead to clone what ever is needed to get a Good seed harvest, but I think I’ll wait till they show sex, so I’m not cloning males.

11 Likes

Apparently every 9-10 days is where I’m hitting for updates. All 4 are still kicking, wee runty, slow poke, stocky, and flexo, which come to find out is actually “Flexine” as she showed pistils on a preflower! Stocky back there i believe i saw a sac forming but I’m not positive just yet. The other two are not showing yet.

So the plan is to top and clone Flexine, she is showing to be the strongest, and once I’m positive on Stocky being male I’m going to cut him back to try to slow him down a bit. Hopefully giving time for Slowpoke and Runty to amaze the world, or at least try to catch up a bit.

6 Likes

Looking good. Maybe a clone should be hit with some other pollen to instill some hybrid vigor in her?

1 Like

Maybe a select pollination on the flower run with the top but not this round. I’m trying for as close to 0 contamination as I can get. I figure if I’m pollinating, end of December, beginning of January, is a fair bet that most wild pollen is neutralized that time of year. And my air is pretty well filtered. I’m trying to time this out with a personal preservation project. But that’s on the other thread.

2 Likes

Fair enough! You’re the man with the plan.

Update with sad news. We’re down to 3. Not sure what happened but Slow Poke, in the span of a day went from looking like she was just slow growing, to dead. Wilty all leaves drooped, I gave her a distilled water flush out and took her out of the direct cast of the lights and today she is dried up and crispy even though her coco never got dry. Now Wee Runty has decided to join in the party and has some nice new growth I’ll try to get pics. Flexine and Stocky are looking good

3 Likes

Recently have heard alot about “Irie” Genetics at DudeGrow podcast - - there is a sale on his genetics Now !!!

1 Like

Do they have more blue Raspberry Truffle? That’s been hard to find hence the seed repro

2 Likes

Yes ! don’t know if it’s sold out

Not even on the website anymore.
That’s why we need these seeds. It’s such an awesome smoke! It easily the most popular strain I ever grew. Everyone universally loved it.

6 Likes

contact him thru e-mail

I got 1 of the last 2 packs on his discord. I’ve reached out before about them and never heard back.

1 Like

Yeah I was never lucky enough to win any of the seeds they gave out of Rasta Jeff’s work. And my seed budget snapped a while back. Honestly I haven’t ordered anything since my last order from the U.K. never arrived. That was $140 lost to the ether.

Dudegrows is cool, their website got difficult to navigate, but Grow Dots and Recharge are legit. In fact I need to order more Dots. Got some uppotting to do soon.

2 Likes

Damn that sucks dude.
Did those mason jar bongs ever arrive?

2 Likes

Yep, probably headed out today to see if I can get the downstem and bowl for them both. When my son decided he liked smoking weed it opened a whole new section for gifts. I thought i let you know, My apologies.

Got the cloner parts soaking in bleach water so I’ll be cutting and cloning soon.

2 Likes

My dude, no need to apologize, I know it’s a very very very busy time of year for you. I’m glad they arrived, I hope you and your son enjoy them.

1 Like

Been poking around in the garden and decided it was past time for the plants to get uppotted so that’s what I did/ am doing. I took 5 cuts from Flexine and put them in the freshly bleached(and dried) cloner, so hopefully they take. Really wish my camera wasn’t shot. Using the selfie cam is a pain.

So while uppotting of course there is always a little trimming needed and y’all it smelled like some of the first “kind” I ever smoked. Some of the buds will be taken when the buds are ready, but most will be left for the seeds to mature out. I don’t think I can pass up the potential nostalgia moment.

4 Likes

Awesome news!

I got an acceptable pic!

In the picture that’s Flexine on the right Stocky on the left and Wee Runty up front. Still not sure if Runty is a boy or girl. Stocky doesn’t seem to like his new digs that much but I think he’ll grow into it. Wee Runty has shown up in a big way! Definitely looking better. Even Flexine had some argument with the Grow bag but she figured it out.

Oh! Almost forgot, I’m pretty sure I saw roots starting to take hold in the cloner. BRT is the first to show and 3/5 have at least 1 little root sprout.

13 Likes

Today, we did a little planting. I took 5 cuts of Flexine and set then in the cloner. Today 4 out of the 5 have at least some 1"roots so they got dropped into 1 gals to let them get a good root system. Pics to come

1 Like