Is BHO going to fade away?

I mostly agree about BHO being the industry standard. That being said, for volume the product can be turned into hash/kief and pressed that way. Yields suffer though.

3 Likes

i could have sworn @indra was working on some crazy new extraction techniques involving liquid nitrogen or something. i remember hearing something about knocking all the crystals off several pounds in a few seconds.

2 Likes

I know @Indra uses liquid nitrogen to kief buds and makes a version of temple balls with it. I have heard on (and tried once) super critical nitrogen extraction. They called it nito sauce. It was pretty good, nice and terpy.

1 Like

I always wated to try bubble hash with liquid nitrogen

2 Likes

I think larger yields of rosin will happen with time. As demand rises techniques and mechanical advantages will improve. Butane is used for other extracts not just cannabis so it has had a long time to improve.

2 Likes

Ah yes sittin here waiting an shit jungle boys gettin a gram outta a 1/8 its gettin there

3 Likes

rosin is taking over on the east coast too, a lot of commercial producers are buying the equipment and doing it

3 Likes

my outlook on BHO is it is paving the future our machines out in next 30 days the PE 120, it does 120 lbs an hour of clean wax free fractions, never need to buy gas again and fire safe class one division two unlike the infringers all class one zone one, means you need a bomb proof room to run in, not us, you can quit buying gas with our system as well and if your doing lots of work Gas cost can run quite high, also no vacuum over needed for our system.computer run and controlled anyone can run it within two hours of training with 100% repeatable results. filtered extracts look spectacular and taste superb, your nose will prove terpene content, remember I patented cryogenic terpene collection in 2000, long before most were out of middle school who now claim to be experts.]
In addition since we are fully tempature controlled from minus 100C to plus 150 F many organic things can be extracted by our system.

6 Likes

@Indra The legend himself! Thank you for taking the time to comment. :grin:

3 Likes

interesting. do you have more information? I am in need of a system in the next couple of months and all I know is that is there is a ton of options.

1 Like

I have to agree, for large scale production, nothing comes close to BHO. When done correctly, BHO can be clean medicine.

1 Like

https://www.pureextractsinc.com/process

Edit: This is @Indra system and him talking about it with questions from chat.

4 Likes

but while you’re looking at so-called options, know I am the original patent writer since 1998 and All of them are infringing on my work and none of them have expertise to even copy it right, I point you to the many accident reports using any of them I have a 400 picture library on face shots from failed systems lips torn off teeth pushed into nasal cavity and burns, our system has been around since 1998 and Zero fails or accidents in all those years, our system is only class one zone 2 system meaning it is fire safe and needs no bomb proof room. we are certified by pressure safety engineers as they fully did a peer review of our entire system]
the system is run by computer and anyone who can read can run it by a touch screen led control panel, load it start, run, empty, no need to buy Gas again, no vacuum oven needed, no pour outs ever. wax free superior extracts from day one, superior smell, taste, and looks.

6 Likes

I understand, but when you want some volume, rosin just isn’t up to the task

2 Likes

Well, thats 28.5%.
The absolute Max yield for any strain will be close to the total cannabinoids % in the bud no?
So that 1/8 they pressed must have been like a 35% plus cannabinoid strain?

1 Like

try doing that with 120 lbs

4 Likes

I have an idea!

7 Likes

That’s some dark rosin bra! :grin: :laughing: :joy:

4 Likes