Is it ok to make BOG seeds

Bog never had demand like this while he was alive. Imo he deserved it since 03. Jr drops and you can watch the packs sell. If you publicly giveaway its gonna eat into that demand. May only be a fraction.

3 Likes

So far it is what BOG Jr. may feel versus what we know BOG thought with seeds from before Jr took over. Dont really see how Jr.'s thoughts would supercede his Dads on these specific seeds if they even were different, or that his thoughts would be relevant in this context regardless.

5 Likes

That’s true, it’s not fair to project a different opinion onto BOG Jr. just because he hasn’t weighed in.

1 Like

In a world of unknowns its best to anticipate every outcome.

2 Likes

Even if BOG Jr. doesn’t agree with his father’s stance on the genetics its debatable that it’s even his position to overrule what his father said while he was alive.

1 Like

So you wouldnt take Jrs words into consideration?

If BOG Jr.'s opinion is that it doesn’t matter what BOG Sr. said while he was alive and reproducing BOG’s genetics for completely non-commercial use is unacceptable in direct conflict with what BOG said, I would not automatically take that as a guideline for what to do.

I wouldn’t necessarily reproduce any novel cultivars BOG Jr. generates on his own, but think about it this way, you wouldn’t take BOG’s own words into consideration because he passed away? When do the opinions BOG expressed in his life expire?

9 Likes

Agree :100: % :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

Im just asking questions because someone has to. Im happy his genetics are getting out there. He would be sad his medicine isnt widely available.

2 Likes

The only issue I see happening is if your selling your crosses as an original, if money isn’t involved, there shouldn’t be an issue, and since the market is scarce, I wouldn’t have an issue.

Free the seed, smoke the weed!

3 Likes

As long as you are not selling them I don’t see an issue .

3 Likes

Minor point, and I don’t think it makes a difference to your plan to make your own version of Sour Grape, but the BOG post was about making F2s, when it doesn’t sound like that’s your plan. From the sound of it you’re planning to make F1s using the strains BOG used to create his F1. Given that you aren’t BOG and are presumably working with a more limited pool of seeds to select from I’d expect your outcome might be a little different (or perhaps not).

If I were you I think I’d call it Grape Punch x Sour Bubble, treat it as a tribute, and call it a day.

5 Likes

Isn’t anything you make with seeds after getting it from a breeder, considered f2?

Considering the seeds you have in hand are the f1

Unless you hold a true IBL

(Idk shit about breeding)

Grape Punch F1 x Grape Punch F1 or Sour Bubble F1 x Sour Bubble F1 would be F2s, crossing unrelated F1s just produces another F1

1 Like

Even with creating f1s theywould probably still be different as the correct or specific pheno or genotype may not have been selected for breeding if I understand that correctly

2 Likes

That makes sense as well

Im sure Jr still has that sour bubble dad.

I’m sure he has the exact recipe

But the issue here is where are the seed drops, we get limited releases of 1 or two strains at random times. We don’t know what’s in the works.

Id say next drop is 2 months out. Jr cant meet demand. Good for him. Im sure his family can use the money.

2 Likes